The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone write fiction?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:24 am

This is one of my favourite things to do on a regular basis. It is healthy for the imagination and allows me to clear my head for a few hours or so. I started writing fan fiction and alternate takes on existing material but I've moved on to doing my own thing that isn't related to any TV show or movie I like.

2 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:40 am

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:This is one of my favourite things to do on a regular basis. It is healthy for the imagination and allows me to clear my head for a few hours or so. I started writing fan fiction and alternate takes on existing material but I've moved on to doing my own thing that isn't related to any TV show or movie I like.

Yes I have set up two fiction websites. They're both in their early crude stages though. I'm starting up several series that are both sci fi and fantasy.

View user profile

3 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Not anymore, however when I was a child I used to write TONS of fan fiction of some of my favourite shows at the time. Doctor Who, Spiderman, X-Men, WWE, etc.

I still actually have a lot of the stuff I wrote from all those years ago, and every now and then when I'm feeling nostalgic and want a good cringefest, I'll pull a couple of my old stories out and re-read them again.

View user profile

4 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Spending 23 years reading the poetry I write that you'd never think I was capable of.
Written more short scripts and have completed this huge 12 chapter (the chapters get longer and longer, most books would turn them into four to fifteen chapters) story. Posted it on GB though. Can't find original.

Edit: found it but because it's in my own name and Word account, don't feel safe posting on public forum. PM me if you want to read, or if GB, go to Land of Fiction subforum and search for "Picture Disc"

View user profile

5 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:16 pm

I write fiction : I've written a thriller, "The Idol", a series of comic observations called "Life In Brexit Britain" and two in a series called "Mandy And The Missing". Also working on a new book called "Guilty Conscience". All are available on smashwords - look for L R Buxton.

View user profile

6 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Yes.

View user profile

7 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Ian's a typical writer - can't stop banging on about his work! Give it a rest, we can't get a word in...

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

8 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm

@Mott1 wrote:Ian's a typical writer - can't stop banging on about his work! Give it a rest, we can't get a word in...

LOL

In all seriousness I'll be sure to check out your material at some point.

9 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Toiletman is a bona fide published fiction author. Mike a published non-fiction author.

View user profile

10 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:30 pm

No, I don't know what it is but my brain doesn't work that way. It just stalls if I ever try. Other people seem terribly prolific without too much trouble. You guys all have some superpower!

Christ, I feel like Bender in that Futurama episode where he discovers he has no imagination Sad

View user profile

11 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:06 pm

We're geniuses. Which is why we're so rich...

View user profile

12 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Do any of you want to do it as a career?

Because if so, you're probably not going to get very far without (at the very least) pretending to be a bit of a pomosocial, diversity-embracing luvvie.

If your stories don't tally with certain diversity tick-boxes or are construed as racist, sexist, ableist, homophobic and transphobic, you probably don't stand much of a chance - especially in science fiction.

View user profile

13 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am

This is sadly true. It isn't the quality of the script anymore but rather how many boxes the script ticks to get noticed. This is certainly the case with Nuwho as it is heavy on diversity and political correctness but not so much on good storytelling.

14 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:37 pm

The open floor Poetry scene is very sparely attended and one person said to me "I'd kill myself if I write like you did and had this sort of audience!" but my reasoning is if it's going to be ignored (even though it's accessable to anyone who can read or hear!) if it's really going to go nowhere save for a dozen or so people, then REALLY hammer it home the divide! Rather than trying to chase the casuals and hostiles anddothatthingwhereyoutalkreallyreallyfast and write about football etc, I go the other way. Slow, heavy and fantastical. 
"I speak free to disinterest outside immediate location" and if that line doesn't bowl you over, so help me I'll upload one of my videos!

View user profile

15 Re: Anyone write fiction? on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 pm

I too dip into original works occasionally, and I publish them on my zaredit blog

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum