DeadManRising
burrunjor
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone write fiction?  Empty Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 11:24 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

This is one of my favourite things to do on a regular basis. It is healthy for the imagination and allows me to clear my head for a few hours or so. I started writing fan fiction and alternate takes on existing material but I've moved on to doing my own thing that isn't related to any TV show or movie I like.

2Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 11:40 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:This is one of my favourite things to do on a regular basis. It is healthy for the imagination and allows me to clear my head for a few hours or so. I started writing fan fiction and alternate takes on existing material but I've moved on to doing my own thing that isn't related to any TV show or movie I like.

Yes I have set up two fiction websites. They're both in their early crude stages though. I'm starting up several series that are both sci fi and fantasy.

3Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 12:31 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Not anymore, however when I was a child I used to write TONS of fan fiction of some of my favourite shows at the time. Doctor Who, Spiderman, X-Men, WWE, etc.

I still actually have a lot of the stuff I wrote from all those years ago, and every now and then when I'm feeling nostalgic and want a good cringefest, I'll pull a couple of my old stories out and re-read them again.

4Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 2:54 pm

Defeatment

Spending 23 years reading the poetry I write that you'd never think I was capable of.
Written more short scripts and have completed this huge 12 chapter (the chapters get longer and longer, most books would turn them into four to fifteen chapters) story. Posted it on GB though. Can't find original.

Edit: found it but because it's in my own name and Word account, don't feel safe posting on public forum. PM me if you want to read, or if GB, go to Land of Fiction subforum and search for "Picture Disc"

5Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 8:16 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I write fiction : I've written a thriller, "The Idol", a series of comic observations called "Life In Brexit Britain" and two in a series called "Mandy And The Missing". Also working on a new book called "Guilty Conscience". All are available on smashwords - look for L R Buxton.

6Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 9:27 pm

iank

iank

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 9:55 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Ian's a typical writer - can't stop banging on about his work! Give it a rest, we can't get a word in...

8Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 9:58 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mott1 wrote:Ian's a typical writer - can't stop banging on about his work! Give it a rest, we can't get a word in...

LOL

In all seriousness I'll be sure to check out your material at some point.

9Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 10:02 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Toiletman is a bona fide published fiction author. Mike a published non-fiction author.

10Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 10:30 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

No, I don't know what it is but my brain doesn't work that way. It just stalls if I ever try. Other people seem terribly prolific without too much trouble. You guys all have some superpower!

Christ, I feel like Bender in that Futurama episode where he discovers he has no imagination Sad

11Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 11th March 2018, 11:06 pm

iank

iank

We're geniuses. Which is why we're so rich...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

12Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 12th March 2018, 10:53 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Do any of you want to do it as a career?

Because if so, you're probably not going to get very far without (at the very least) pretending to be a bit of a pomosocial, diversity-embracing luvvie.

If your stories don't tally with certain diversity tick-boxes or are construed as racist, sexist, ableist, homophobic and transphobic, you probably don't stand much of a chance - especially in science fiction.

13Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 13th March 2018, 10:11 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

This is sadly true. It isn't the quality of the script anymore but rather how many boxes the script ticks to get noticed. This is certainly the case with Nuwho as it is heavy on diversity and political correctness but not so much on good storytelling.

14Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 13th March 2018, 2:37 pm

Defeatment

The open floor Poetry scene is very sparely attended and one person said to me "I'd kill myself if I write like you did and had this sort of audience!" but my reasoning is if it's going to be ignored (even though it's accessable to anyone who can read or hear!) if it's really going to go nowhere save for a dozen or so people, then REALLY hammer it home the divide! Rather than trying to chase the casuals and hostiles anddothatthingwhereyoutalkreallyreallyfast and write about football etc, I go the other way. Slow, heavy and fantastical. 
"I speak free to disinterest outside immediate location" and if that line doesn't bowl you over, so help me I'll upload one of my videos!

15Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 13th March 2018, 8:01 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I too dip into original works occasionally, and I publish them on my zaredit blog

16Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 20th April 2020, 6:59 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Here's one of my ideas at the moment:

The time is 1989. A beautiful and devout Jewish girl with aspirations of becoming a big movie star finds herself at the epicentre of a deadly battle between an intergalactic renegade and a cop from the future. When her fixed death is prevented because of the renegade's interference the cop must prevent him from making any more catastrophic changes to time with the help of a woman whose very existence now threatens the entire world.

17Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 21st April 2020, 8:53 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Here's one of my ideas at the moment:

The time is 1989. A beautiful and devout Jewish girl with aspirations of becoming a big movie star finds herself at the epicentre of a deadly battle between an intergalactic renegade and a cop from the future. When her fixed death is prevented because of the renegade's interference the cop must prevent him from making any more catastrophic changes to time with the help of a woman whose very existence now threatens the entire world.

Is this inspired by Rebecca Schaeffer?

18Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 21st April 2020, 9:13 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

My two series are up and running.

The Circus Master: This is about a group of misfit Vampires, Demons, Martians and Witches who travel through time and space in a Circus made of magic.

Professor Fang: This is another time travel series. It revolves around a Chinese Vampire Professor named Fang who travels through time and space in a giant ship shaped like a Bat (I dreamed this up last year, but after the Corona Virus I might have to change that.)

I post them on my blog, but due to my tight schedule they are often first drafts on there.

The more polished versions I have started to post on sites like Royal Road.

Here are the polished versions on Royal Road.

Professor Fang: Link

The Circus Master: Link

Both run in the serialised format like Classic Who.

I am also doing my own alternate sequel series to Classic Who. It features an alternate 9th-13th Doctors. I used the images of different actors for mine of course, and the multiverse premise so that New Who is in an alternate universe. (Though Jodie is another universe yet again from New Who.)

My 9th Doctor is Dylan Moran, 10th is Tim Curry, 11th is Robert Carlyle, 12th is Julian Barratt, and 13th is Julian Richings (obvs LOL, I thought he'd be good for the last one as he looks like Hartnell so it feels like the Doctor has come full circle.)

I have almost got 3 stories done. I am in the middle of a version of Scratchman. It got postponed however due to my crippling depression last year. It will be done in a few weeks however. The latest part is on my blog. It's my version of the pinball machine sequence, which really was a wonderful idea by Tom Baker. I love how it came just from a piss up in a pub.

Incidentally I'll be looking for new writers for all 3 series soon, as I don't just want it to be me. Anyone interested? Let me know.

19Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 21st April 2020, 10:58 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

Yes, some of my stories feature her. I think it raises an interesting question about what would happen if one went back in time and prevented her death. Her death did bring about many changes to the law which have since protected celebrities from suffering the same fate. I've always wondered if changing such a major event would separate the timelines meaning that the Rebecca Schaeffer you save would not be our Rebecca Schaeffer. In my story her existence causes many terrible knock-on effects. The cop knows she has to die but he ends up becoming so consumed by her that he begins to question his morality. He asks himself if he would allow the world to crumble just for her to exist.

I would probably never publish it. Stories like that I tend to write for myself.   I have an idea involving Hale & Pace being framed for murder (which was actually committed by television presenters Billy and Johnny) and end up becoming involved with a pair of gangsters (The Management) as a result. I would definitely publish that one.

I will read your stories and drop you a comment or two when I get around to it.

20Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 21st April 2020, 12:18 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Yes, some of my stories feature her. I think it raises an interesting question about what would happen if one went back in time and prevented her death. Her death did bring about many changes to the law which have since protected celebrities from suffering the same fate. I've always wondered if changing such a major event would separate the timelines meaning that the Rebecca Schaeffer you save would not be our Rebecca Schaeffer. In my story her existence causes many terrible knock-on effects. The cop knows she has to die but he ends up becoming so consumed by her that he begins to question his morality. He asks himself if he would allow the world to crumble just for her to exist.

If you didn't make it actually Rebecca Shaeffer, but just another actress inspired by her you could post it on Royal Road and see where it would take you. (You might also have luck on Wattpad. On Wattpad romance stories seem to be quite popular.)

I'm only saying because whilst you'd obviously not be disrespecting her, people might see it that way.

As for the question of would it be here, well this is getting into the many worlds hypothesis. (My next story featuring the 11th Doctor will revolve around the Many Worlds idea, but not in the same way.)

Essentially Many Worlds states that every decision we make creates a new universe where that decision didn't happen. I've never been able to get round that idea myself, but then again the true nature of the universe is most likely beyond our comprehension.

21Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 21st April 2020, 12:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

If you didn't make it actually Rebecca Shaeffer, but just another actress inspired by her you could post it on Royal Road and see where it would take you. (You might also have luck on Wattpad. On Wattpad romance stories seem to be quite popular.)

I'm only saying because whilst you'd obviously not be disrespecting her, people might see it that way.

As for the question of would it be here, well this is getting into the many worlds hypothesis. (My next story featuring the 11th Doctor will revolve around the Many Worlds idea, but not in the same way.)

Essentially Many Worlds states that every decision we make creates a new universe where that decision didn't happen. I've never been able to get round that idea myself, but then again the true nature of the universe is most likely beyond our comprehension.

Yeah, that's a good idea actually. That's one of the reasons why I don't want to post it because I certainly don't want to upset people by using a real life tragedy as a plot line. I also don't want people to think I'm disrespecting her because that's far from the case. I'm going to keep the Schaeffer story as my own private story but expand upon it online and create a fictional character instead (who will still share similar traits and likeness). I don't know when I would set my revised tale. I'll look into Royal Road and Wattpad.

The Many Worlds theory sounds quite plausible to me. I suppose we're never really going to know the truth.

22Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 21st April 2020, 6:41 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Yeah, that's a good idea actually. That's one of the reasons why I don't want to post it because I certainly don't want to upset people by using a real life tragedy as a plot line. I also don't want people to think I'm disrespecting her because that's far from the case. I'm going to keep the Schaeffer story as my own private story but expand upon it online and create a fictional character instead (who will still share similar traits and likeness). I don't know when I would set my revised tale. I'll look into Royal Road and Wattpad.

The Many Worlds theory sounds quite plausible to me. I suppose we're never really going to know the truth.

I think you can set it in the 80s. If that's a time you love why not? Maybe make her a singer or something instead of an actress so that people know what it's meant to be, but it's a character in their own right.

Fictionpress is another good one to publish stories.

I'd be more than happy to publish any stories from anybody here on my blog too. (You might not want to be associated with my work or my politics LOL, just as a warning, but anyone who is interested I'd be more than happy. Like I said I also would love to get in more writers for Professor Fang and The Circus Master.)

I'm also doing two more stories, one set before recorded history began. It explores the origins of Vampires, Demons, Werewolves and other creatures, and another about a character from the Circus Master Carlene. I am just looking at what format I should put them in now, as I have the characters mapped out.

23Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 24th April 2020, 12:25 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I dabble in original fiction and poetry, but largely a load more fanfiction, and it's almost always 'shipping 'fics.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20424746

And two of my original shorts

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20999696 (a tribute peice to The Demon Headmaster, but functions as an original story

https://archiveofourown.org/works/23140486

24Anyone write fiction?  Empty Re: Anyone write fiction? 10th May 2020, 11:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've spent the last few days outlining my M.I. High fanfiction. I highly doubt anyone will actually read it since  the show doesn't have much of a fanbase these days, but it's just nice to write stories about things that I like.

The plot mixes spy stuff with time travel!

Synopsis:

M.I. High is exposed! Expert SKUL hackers have leaked vital information about the secret spy HQ beneath St. Hopes school and The Grand Master has sent a crack team of SKUL soldiers to take them down once and for all. With Frank on leave and the irritable Stark left in charge, the ambitious MI High team decide to take matters into their own hands.  Before the leak their mission was to recover a time travelling device designed by a brilliant scientist who had hidden it before being kidnapped by SKUL. Disobeying orders to take the device back to HQ, Carrie, Oscar and Rose instead use the device to travel back in time to find and arrest the hackers thus preventing the leak. Without much power the device can only send them back once so they cannot afford to fail. The team find themselves back at the school twenty-four hours prior to the leak. They must retrieve their gadgets and trace the source of the hack from their HQ without being spotted by their other selves and also avoid bumping into their highly curious friends. If they manage to leave the school without compromising themselves the team will head to the location of the hackers. They're completely unaware that deadly SKUL spies followed them through the time portal and are hot on their trail.

This is set during Series 5. Working title is Operation Déjà Vu.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum