You are not connected. Please login or register

Claudia Boleyn demonstrates why people don't write for minorities

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

There's a storyline in Coronation Street about a lesbian couple called Kate and Rana. (Fans call them Kana.)

Now I have by and large liked this storyline. The actresses have great chemistry, and its also commented on the homophobia in the Muslim community.

Recently however they had the character Kate try and seduce a man in order to have a baby (after she and Rana seemingly broke up.)

Now I didn't like this aspect of the story. I thought it was a stupid and out of character for Kate and just an excuse to force a conflict between them, which we know is going to be resolved soon as they are a popular pairing.

However Claudia is now accusing it of lesbophobia (is that even a word?) is calling on people to write in and complain, and is attacking the producer for having an anti gay agenda and wants him fired.

Here are her tweets.

Make A Complaint About The Lesphobic Storyline

These Straight Writers Don't Understand How Huge It Is To Have Representation

Its A Cop Out

Sending Homophobia into people's homes

Now the reason I bring this up is because it shows you why people like Claudia do about 1000000 times more harm than good.

Yes this storyline has taken a stupid turn but so what? Look how many straight relationships in not just Corrie but various other soaps have been wrecked by bad writing? Characters suddenly having affairs or doing something stupid etc.

Look at Peter Barlow and Tina. That to me was the worst. It not only wrecked Michelle Keegan's character, but killed her off when there was no need too.

Difference is the writers didn't get people accusing them of being bigots with Peter and Tina. People just accepted it was poor writing.

With a lesbian couple however make on tiny little mistake that you would with a straight couple in a soap and the absolute roof will fall on your head. In this current climate your career might be ruined (I mean hey if these complaints pick up steam then this producer could be tarred as a homophobe making him a pariah in the SJW dominated industry.)

So again who is going to want to write for LGBT characters or black characters or even female characters in this atmosphere? I've said it before and I'll say it again these people need to be told to fuck off.

If anything I'd have Rana go out and shag about 30 guys just to piss these people off.

View user profile
Same thing happened when RTD wrote Bob and Rose.

A small minority threw their toys out of the pram then as well.

These weird, arbitrary things can happen in relationships between people of any orientation.

They don't necessarily have to make much sense to anyone other than the person affected.

Not the first, and probably not the last woman to discover she's Bi - fictional or otherwise.

Audiences don't own or direct the characters in fiction, nor should they. Nor should they be used to enforce behavioural diktats on writers or genre writing.

View user profile
I still don't understand who this self important woman even is, and why I'm supposed to give a fuck what she thinks about anything.
Because I don't...

View user profile
@iank wrote:I still don't understand who this self important woman even is, and why I'm supposed to give a fuck what she thinks about anything.
Because I don't...

She only has any attention at all because she's a bit pretty.

She's a massive attention whore and mentally unstable. She's attempted suicide on a number of occasions, and is one of those slightly unhinged people from youtube who is obsessed with pronouns,gender and sexuality, and using Doctor Who as a platform for her agendas.

She first came to notoriety when she and a bisexual fan called Jack Miles (described by Boleyn as a "genderfluid genius") decided they didn't like Moffat's version of doctor who (because he cast Capaldi, a white straight male in the role) and intended to create their own SJW version - Foreman. A fan series with a genderfluid doctor and a bisexual biracial companion.

Of course nothing ever happened with Foreman because it was all a pipe dream of adolescent SJW's who find it difficult to tie their own shoelaces without help.

She is exactly the last person that should have any connection to Doctor Who as she's a perfect example of why the fanbase is so toxic and why the show has lost it's way. So of course the new woke DWM snapped her up and made her a member of the new timeteam where she can give her valuable 21yr old insights into stories like Talons LOL

View user profile
Sigh ITV are looking into these complaints about the Lesbophobia from the recent storyline of Coronation Street.

See here.

Digital Spy

Spineless Idiot wrote:We are assessing these complaints against our broadcasting rules, before deciding whether or not to investigate.”

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Why do people pander to these wankers?

Look at some of the whinges about this.

SJW wrote:Why are @itvcorrie having Kate and Adam hook up? An openly lesbjan character since her first appearance now having sex with a man? This just reinforces people’s beliefs that lesbians just need to “find the right guy”. This is not the representation in TV we asked for. #Corrie


SJW wrote:absolutely disgusting that corrie are making kate say “who needs labels” and that her best sex was with a man like she wasn’t introduced onto the street as a lesbian through and through. that’s sooo toxic and implies that lesbians should still rate men omg goodbye


They didn't even watch the story! Kate wasn't even made out to be bisexual! She wasn't attracted to Adam. She wanted to shag him so she could get a baby. That was how he twigged. She wasn't actually enjoying their make out session and when he asked her if she was okay she said "I don't mind". Not exactly a thing you say whilst in a passionate embrace LOL, which made him realize she just wanted a baby.

Now again I think it was a pretty lame story, but its hardly homophobic. I might add even if Kate DID realize she was bisexual and willingly slept with him it still wouldn't be lesbophobic or whatever word they've made up.

This quote made me laugh though.

If producers wanted Kate to be bisexual, why didn’t they just write her as a bisexual character rather than writing her as a gay character, have her shag a bloke, knowing full well they’d get backlash? If Kate is gay, she is GAY! She would in no way be attracted to guys! #Corrie


Oh really. SJWs are saying a character should remain what they are? Hmmm funny that didn't seem to apply to the Doctor and the Master?

It'll be sad if Corrie pander to these idiots but they will. They always do. When is someone going to have the balls to not only not give in to them but actually REALLY piss them off.

That's what I'd do. I'd have Kate and Rana split up and BOTH go off with men just to annoy them LOL. Of course obviously in all seriousness I wouldn't want them to change two characters just to annoy these twats, but that would be a lot more admirable than pandering to them.

View user profile
@bryanbraddock wrote:
@iank wrote:I still don't understand who this self important woman even is, and why I'm supposed to give a fuck what she thinks about anything.
Because I don't...

She only has any attention at all because she's a bit pretty.

She first came to notoriety when she and a bisexual fan called Jack Miles (described by Boleyn as a "genderfluid genius") decided they didn't like Moffat's version of doctor who (because he cast Capaldi, a white straight male in the role) and intended to create their own SJW version - Foreman. A fan series with a genderfluid doctor and a bisexual biracial companion.

Of course nothing ever happened with Foreman because it was all a pipe dream of adolescent SJW's who find it difficult to tie their own shoelaces without help.

She is exactly the last person that should have any connection to Doctor Who as she's a perfect example of why the fanbase is so toxic and why the show has lost it's way. So of course the new woke DWM snapped her up and made her a member of the new timeteam where she can give her valuable 21yr old insights into stories like Talons LOL

Perfect description of her and all of the others involved in the woke time team in every way.

I knew after that misery porn of an episode where SPOILERS Rana died that Claudia Boleyn would go nuts and start ranting about it being homophobic on twitter.

I'm sorry I couldn't help looking at her page, because its so fucking predictable.

Here.

https://twitter.com/ClaudiaBoleyn/status/1108472586520924162

https://twitter.com/ClaudiaBoleyn/status/1108472214419132417

https://twitter.com/ClaudiaBoleyn/status/1108471932737994752

She wasn't the only one. The SJWs went into melt down because a lesbian woman WHO IS NOT FUCKING REAL was killed off. (Fair enough if they were upset over a character they liked being killed, but they are accusing it of homophobia.)

https://twitter.com/Calebxz/status/1108468343005241344

Here's a petition to complain about Corrie for misleading them about the first ever biracial lesbian couple.  LOL

https://twitter.com/valsjuliana/status/1108472024270340096

Now normally you wouldn't care except these SJW narcissists are EXACTLY the types producers everywhere cave to, apologise to, and pander to.

I really hope Corrie don't wuss out over this and issue an apology to the LGBT community over this. Don't issue any statement!

Once again these people do about 100000 times more harm than good for LGBT people. How are we supposed to have them in any kind of drama if they can't be killed, portrayed negatively etc, the same way straight people are ALL THE TIME!

Sadly I suspect that Corrie will wuss out like before and issue an apology to these whiny little narcissists. (PS that Corrie episode was utter shit BTW. Nothing but misery porn, and a poor way to write out a main character, but it wasn't homophobic.)

It would be so great if someone responded to the likes of Claudia Boleyn like that guy in South Park when the people protest and he reads out a statement that says "Dear protestors. FUCK YOU!" and then moons them  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

View user profile
Here they are showing pictures of Corrie's producer and demanding he be reported.

https://twitter.com/valsjuliana/status/1108477360498708480

SJW morons need slapped down (metaphorically speaking) hard!

I've been saying this for fucking years, since at least 2013 when they did this shit to Moffat, and he caved and subsequently carved up a beloved British institution.

Also this one makes me laugh.

https://twitter.com/charitysdingle/status/1108460814674157568

Hmmmm why do these people think Coronation Street portrayed Rana a lesbian MUSLIM woman's parents having a problem with her being gay?

Could it be because over 50 percent of British Muslims think homosexuality should be criminalised, and locked up?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Unlike the spineless Chris Chibnall they were addressing ACTUAL homophobia in the UK. Hilariously though these people are so divorced from reality they think that its because Coronation Street is homophobic!

Like I said these people need slapped down on hard. If ITV wuss out on us I will be really, really ticked off.



Last edited by burrunjor on Wed 20 Mar - 22:54; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Oh and the actress who played Rana is being attacked as a homophobe too. Yep let that sink in, an actress who has shot to fame playing a LESBIAN woman, who has actually brought nationwide attention, to the very serious homophobia in the Muslim community (and actually brought representation to a group who are still being persecuted.) Is a homophobe, because she wanted her character to die to get a good dramatic exit.

https://twitter.com/charitysdingle/status/1108482768084840449

https://twitter.com/charitysdingle/status/1108482120157184000

https://twitter.com/charitysdingle/status/1108476968402669570

These people are fucking nuts! Sorry #BeKind I honestly don't think there is anything you can do to parody these people anymore. What can you do that is more ridiculous than saying the actress who played Rana is a homophobe who should be reported for hatespeech against gay people LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

View user profile

ClockworkOcean

ClockworkOcean
Dick Tater
They're even talking about reporting the writer to Ofcom and claiming that the story constitutes a hate crime. Any writer would have to be legitimately insane to pander to the regressive left. You're dealing with people who want the state to restrict your creative autonomy. People who believe that you deserve to go to PRISON for writing an episode of a TV show they don't like.

If you're a creator, silence is the best policy. Don't give them anything they can use against you. Remove yourself from social media, keep interviews to the bare minimum, feign ignorance of the allegations if asked, give them the "I'm sorry you feel that way" treatment if confronted in public. To preclude any possibility of their degeneracy influencing your creative output, go on a complete mainstream media blackout. It's sad that any of this is necessary, but these scumbags won't stop until every piece of fiction on the face of the earth is nothing more than a vehicle for their propaganda. Writers need to protect themselves.


_________________
Claudia Boleyn demonstrates why people don't write for minorities Stamps11
View user profile

Guest


Guest
These middle class-feminist-pop-culture-watch-commentators have far too much time on their hands. If they wanted to genuinely advance feminist causes why doesn't this Claudia Boeyln character become a plumber or electrician or an advocate for women in those type of jobs? Or better still a campaigner for legalizing prostitution to make the industry safer for women (something I'm invested in myself)? That would require engaging with real-life issues so these brats prefer to put the emphasis on 'popular culture' which in real terms means absolutely nothing.

I think telling them to go fuck themselves, and a good smack across the head if you ever met them in public, is by far the best response.
These people are wasters. Total wastes of oxygen.

View user profile
@ClockworkOcean wrote:They're even talking about reporting the writer to Ofcom and claiming that the story constitutes a hate crime. Any writer would have to be legitimately insane to pander to the regressive left. You're dealing with people who want the state to restrict your creative autonomy. People who believe that you deserve to go to PRISON for writing an episode of a TV show they don't like.

If you're a creator, silence is the best policy. Don't give them anything they can use against you. Remove yourself from social media, keep interviews to the bare minimum, feign ignorance of the allegations if asked, give them the "I'm sorry you feel that way" treatment if confronted in public. To preclude any possibility of their degeneracy influencing your creative output, go on a complete mainstream media blackout. It's sad that any of this is necessary, but these scumbags won't stop until every piece of fiction on the face of the earth is nothing more than a vehicle for their propaganda. Writers need to protect themselves.

Jesus fucking Christ. These people should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for wasting police time reporting the death of a FICTIONAL character as a hate crime.

Look at this article from the guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/22/why-does-coronation-street-keep-exploding-its-lesbians

Fucking pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Bravo, you've all just sent representation of LGBT back by about 30 years.

Just about every writer in the country, from aspiring writers to big shot directors will think "okay I'm NEVER going to have a gay character or a black character in anything ever again, because I can't have them go through anything without possibly my entire career being ruined."

Bravo hope they're all proud of themselves. What am I saying, of course they are! They're all a bunch of whiny, infantile narcissists.

PS I do think its funny that they claim they want to see themselves in heroic, gorgeous, brave characters. How egocentric can you get!

I never once thought I saw myself in Sean Connery's James Bond because he's Scottish and I'm Scottish.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum