Genkimonk
Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 40]

801Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 29th September 2018, 2:53 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

iank wrote:I guess Zarius and company just want a nice little echo chamber.

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Holy shit, the irony.

802Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 29th September 2018, 4:08 am

shan164

There's already been several of us here who've already said we don't hate the new show and even to varying degrees liked at least some of it.

803Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 29th September 2018, 4:41 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

shan164 wrote:There's already been several of us here who've already said we don't hate the new show and even to varying degrees liked at least some of it.

Doesn't mean anything.

Literally all of us like a few NuWho episodes here and there. Doesn't change the fact that pretty much every single user here either hates the new series, or at least dislikes it and considers it to be vastly inferior to the original.

Why do you think there are absolutely zero users here that genuinely like NuWho and consider it to be either equal or better than the original series? Because all those people I mentioned know full well that if they sign up here they'll immediately get bombarded with multiple giant essays telling them how incredibly wrong and stupid they are for thinking such a thing.

This place is 100% a circlejerk for disgruntled Classic Who fans to rant about NuWho. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

804Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 29th September 2018, 6:11 am

shan164

Why do you think there are absolutely zero users here that genuinely like NuWho

*I* like NuWho, I said as much when I got here (and that it was via Gallifrey Base).

and consider it to be either equal or better than the original series?

This is harder for me to quantify. They're just such different beasts that in some ways I find it an impossible comparison. They're also reflections of how the industry as a whole then has changed to what it is now.

805Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 29th September 2018, 8:13 am

Zarius

Zarius

iank wrote:My "curiosity" - what little there is - will be more than assuaged by reading other people's reviews. LOL

..So why don't you care about the positive reviews we've had so far? Oh right, "LOL, FAKEZ NEWZ", your "curiosity" will only permit you to gravitate towards the fans on Digitalspy or Planet Mondas who want to have a good long unobjective and pessimistic moan about it. Let's not kid ourselves, you're not going to be objective at all, and you don't want to be. LOL

I'm not some Happiness Patrol member, I'm not a 10/10 fan, I hated the last series, I didn't like series two, I've come to think RTD was overrated and prefer Moffat's storytelling, but I'm still going to judge this series on an episode-by-episode basis.

A female Doctor does not bother me, and unless the Social-Political commentary is really top heavy, guess what? It won't bother me either, I care about the story, not the message. I'm not going to doom-cast or project until I see what the show is capable of providing.

For you, it's more fun (or perhaps "easier") to piss and moan and take pride in the fact you have simply grown out of the show...but for those of us left that do still watch Doctor Who, either to see if it improves, or to still follow a show we've loved since childhood...yeah, we're going to talk about it, new who isn't going away no matter what you may desire, why should we?

Conversation is the spark that brings life to everything. You don't want that, it's YOU that want the echo chamber, not us. We're the potential alternative to what is generally a community full of like-minded pessimism.

I understand where it comes from, I know that none of our voices will change minds, but Christ on a bike, it's pretty boring to read every day.

Last edited by Zarius on 29th September 2018, 11:25 am; edited 4 times in total

806Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 29th September 2018, 8:18 am

Zarius

Zarius

807Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 30th September 2018, 2:12 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I'm not some Happiness Patrol member, I'm not a 10/10 fan, I hated the last series, I didn't like series two, I've come to think RTD was overrated and prefer Moffat's storytelling, but I'm still going to judge this series on an episode-by-episode basis.

A female Doctor does not bother me, and unless the Social-Political commentary is really top heavy, guess what? It won't bother me either, I care about the story, not the message. I'm not going to doom-cast or project until I see what the show is capable of providing.

For you, it's more fun (or perhaps "easier") to piss and moan and take pride in the fact you have simply grown out of the show...but for those of us left that do still watch Doctor Who, either to see if it improves, or to still follow a show we've loved since childhood...yeah, we're going to talk about it, new who isn't going away no matter what you may desire, why should we?

Conversation is the spark that brings life to everything. You don't want that, it's YOU that want the echo chamber, not us. We're the potential alternative to what is generally a community full of like-minded pessimism.

I understand where it comes from, I know that none of our voices will change minds, but Christ on a bike, it's pretty boring to read every day.

Hey man don't worry. Never thought you were an SJW or anything like that. Your opinions are fair and even handed and you've never been a bother for me or any other poster, and you provide us with the latest news from New Who to laugh at so keep posting. For the record I didn't entirely hate New Who either until the last few years.

Look at my blog and you will see dozens of articles about it that are very positive. Like Russell T Davies' Daleks and Steven Moffat's Daleks. You could hardly say someone who just hated the new series from the start would write articles like those.

However its the political take over that actively angers me. I think I've provided plenty of evidence as to why I think that is. For me the socio political commentary can not be separated from the story a lot of the time like you say, sadly.

It can when done well, or even adequate. Like take a look at the Peladon story. An obvious EU allegory, but it can also be taken as just a fun space medeval story with monsters.

What Terrance Dicks said was right that you can have a good story that's political, but most of the time when you try and be really political, the story suffers as you don't care as much about it.

Sadly with the New Who crowd that's what they often do, which is why it sucks.

Like look at Kill the Moon. It was an attempt to beef up Clara to being the most important person in the shows history because having the Doctor be the hero in his own show was deemed sexist by the "progressive fans"

(Until we had a female Doctor.) Thus in order to do that, they had to dump Capaldi from his own show, and come up with the stupidest idea to make her important. ONE thing she did inspired us to survive to the end of time?

Also look at other terrible stories like The Caretaker, and In the Forest of the Night. They all revolve around Clara's place of work, because the SJWs slandered Moffat as a sexist for not focusing enough on the companions home life, like the marvellous RTD. Hence we get boring shit about Danny and the children she looks after.

Then of course we have Pissy Missy. The actress was only cast because of pandering to a political group, not on merit. Her characterisation was based on pandering to said political group too, rather than because it was right for the Master. (Lets make the tumblr fans happy by having the Master and Doctor be gay lovers.)

Nothing about Pissy Missy was done because it was for the good of the show or the character of the Master.

Then of course we have the return of Gallifrey being sidelined so we can beef Clara up, and make her "equal to the Doctor." Which again the feminists like that ghastly Whovian Feminism loved (check out her review of Hellbent which she calls the most feminist episode of DW ever made.)

We also have lore being rewritten to make Clara more important in it, which is a lose, lose situation. For die hard fans (both old and new) its annoying to see everything be because of Clara. For casual viewers however, all the continuity references were off putting.

Also Capaldi, being an excellent choice was completely wasted. He clearly wanted his Doctor to be a Hartnell/Pertwee style Doctor. Older, wise, deadly serious, mercurial, and analytical, yet also quite physical despite his age.

His Doctor instead however was emasculated for Clara, getting slapped back into place (literally.) Was given Missy as his archfoe, who didn't challenge him the way a proper archfoe should, actually made him look weak. When Missy kills Osgood, that was supposed to be a set up for the Doctor to really want to make her pay, but he didn't. He SNOGGED her just a few minutes later!

I might add as far as the Doctor knows, at that point Missy has also killed Kate, the daughter of his oldest and dearest friend! Hurray for our dashing hero! If you kill his friends in needlessly cruel ways he'll give you a big girly kiss on the lips!  

He's a total fucking hypocrite too. Wasn't this the same Doctor who told a Dalek to die all he liked earlier that season?

Also on top of that they had Capaldi's Doctor literally debase himself as a man, go on anti capitalist rants that looked like they were written by Rick from the Young Ones (anti capitalist myself remember, look at the latest article I wrote on my blog, but still this just sounded too preachy and forced.) And punch out a racist in an embarrassing attempt to appeal to the trendy lefty crowd that just comes across as Bob Hope impersonating the Fonz.

Finally as if all that wasn't enough all of their female, black, and LGBT characters have to be written in the most obnoxious way. Unlike the makers of Red Dwarf, who could just have a black lead, and give them a personality, the makers of New Who have to let you awful white men, know how amazing they are for having a black lead in every episode.

So they have to have their minority characters race bait, insult men and spout more first year political student crap such as the following.

"White people.

"White people what?"

"Always so sure everything's going to work out for you. Ah well because it usually does."

"My dad tried to kill me when I was 8"

"But you got your mum up happy and walking again. Typical white person happy ending."

"Back to normal am I? Only time I've been a man that last body. Dear lord how do you cope with all that ego?"

"Time Lady dearie. Not all of us can afford the upgrade."

"Is the future going to be all girl?"

"We can only hope".

"The universe is full of testosterone. Trust me its unbearable."

"Are you thinking? Stop it you're a man. It looks weird"

Added to that there's the way the brand has been insulted, the way they disrespected William Hartnell,and made his version of the Doctor look like Al Bundy, the way they insulted Delgado by completely destroying his character, the way they insulted the fans en masse as sexists, homophobes, racists, for not liking THEIR changes to OTHER people's character.

All of that I admit made me quit in anger more than anything else, an considering they're still going in the awful direction of the Capaldi era of focusing on divisive, hateful politics over having a plot, then I'm not missing anything in quitting out of anger and disgust right now.

808Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 30th September 2018, 4:27 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Thanks again, I'll take a look at your Dalek essays.

Being turned off by the social-political stuff can be a major downer, especially if you're very versed in the agenda and can see it from every angle. I've always admired you for consistently bringing up examples to fuel your arguments rather than strawman details and semantics. I agree that Death In Heaven is inconsistent with how the Doctor treats Missy..he goes from kissing her as a reward for reminding him who he is (aware of the deaths), then goes straight to compliment murdering her at her urging (and is spared the decision by the Brigadier)

809Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 30th September 2018, 5:09 pm

shan164

There's a decent sized bloc of people out there who may not necessarily agree on a lot with Doctor Who but agree that Kill the Moon was a special kind of awful.

810Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 30th September 2018, 8:45 pm

Zarius

Zarius

811Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 12:39 am

tardis

tardis

Buuuuut, I thought there wasn’t an agenda...

< / sarcasm>

812Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 1:42 am

shan164

I still cannot get over those pants and how much it infuriates me that they don't reach her boots (something every single cosplayer in those photos with her got, whether by accident or by design).

I think I've found my hill to die on.

813Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 2:22 am

tardis

tardis

I could accept the short pants until I saw the coat. The coat is longer and that just all kinds of wrong to me.

814Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 3:06 am

shan164

Yes, that's a deadly combination, especially in that photo where she's standing somewhere on a cliff or mountain and looking back? Do not like.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-07-31/jodie-whittakers-on-top-of-the-world-in-new-doctor-who-photo/

Oh Lordy, a fanny pack. How soon we forget about the Fourth Doctor's infinite pockets.

https://www.herocollector.com/uploads/media/13th-Doctor-Sheffield.jpg

There's a reason Deadpool made fun of Cable for having one of those but even his was an improvement on the standard model.

This was a neat modification of an actual photoshoot she did once, though.

https://twitter.com/doctorwho_today/status/979927587819532288

815Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 4:34 pm

Zarius

Zarius

816Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 4:51 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

[/quote]

Chinball, the man who signed off on that costume once criticized Bonnie Langford on live TV for being too "pantomime and that "(Doctor who) Should not fit into that role" LOL

817Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 5:42 pm

Zarius

Zarius

818Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 8:30 pm

edgelord

Hey Burrunjor, what do you think about the fact that every NuWho companion bar Amy had mixed-race relationships? I point this out because I see the trend is continuing yet again with Bradley Walsh’s character.

I wouldn't mind so much if the social conditioning experiment wasn't so fucking blatant. Obviously bring it up on any Who forum bar here and Godwin’s Law is invoked within minutes. Sleep

819Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 1st October 2018, 10:11 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

edgelord wrote:Hey Burrunjor, what do you think about the fact that every NuWho companion bar Amy had mixed-race relationships? I point this out because I see the trend is continuing yet again with Bradley Walsh’s character.

I wouldn't mind so much if the social conditioning experiment wasn't so fucking blatant. Obviously bring it up on any Who forum bar here and Godwin’s Law is invoked within minutes. Sleep

Hmm never noticed. Well obviously I have 0 objection to mixed race relationships (as I'm sure do you. I have to bring it up because there are gits like that Phasershift guy or the one who called me the worlds angriest Scot who follow me from forum to forum to try and get anything they can use against me. I'm not saying they devote much of their time to me of course, probably like 2 mins every year LOL, but when its a big Who related event like the start of a series I think they want to try and make out I'm a bigger cunt than I am, because they REALLY hate me LOL )

Anyway I don't really care about that tbh as ultimately in Mickey and Rose's time it was done well in the sense that it was just there. They didn't draw attention to it as anything out of the ordinary (as in the modern world why would it be?) They didn't have constant cringey remarks about Rose being privileged compared to Mickey, didn't boast about it in either the show or the media, or make out they were the new Gene Roddenberry or anything because of it.

I'm sure none of us would care if they did have a black companion, a trans companion, or an interracial gay couple as the companions. As long as A/ didn't have them insult white men, and race and gender bait every two seconds like that awful Tanya in Class, B/ the writers didn't boast about how this makes them Martin Luther King, or C/ do down the Doctor in favour of his sidekicks because if he was ever the hero in his own show whilst having a female/gay/black sidekick that would automatically be racist/homophobic/sexist (well I suppose we won't get this now that they chopped the Doctors dick off.)

As for Bradley Walsh, well since its Chibnall doing it and since its right in the heyday of the worst SJW pandering the show has ever seen, I suspect the fact that he is in an interracial relationship will be handled in the most cringey way possible.

We'll probably get strawmen racists in the series itself, (who by and large don't exist in the modern world) calling Bradley and his black wife freaks who shouldn't mingle, and he'll probably beat them up, and then we'll have Jodie's Doctor go on an unbelievably big cringey speech about we all need to love each other, that looks like it was written by an obnoxious first year political student.

Chinballs will then probably give a big sanctimonious interview about how "It sickens me that most people still have trouble with interracial relationships. I needed to educate the viewers, because I'm so much smarter than they are."

We'll also probably get the actress and Bradley getting supposedly racist death threats on twitter (they'll pick out the one in every 5 thousand that ARE racist and only show them,), and we'll get big pompous articles about how the show's fans are all knuckle dragging racist scumbags who need to learn to accept black people.

The likes of Claudia Boleyn and Whovian Feminism will of course equate all of these people to those opposed to a female Doctor, and tell us that we need to get used to shows starring non white, non male leads, whilst reviewing shows with white male leads exclusively.

They'll also in the Rosa Parks episode have Bradley Walsh go on about how so little has changed since then as he and his wife still have to deal with racism for who they love, which is ironically a total insult to Rosa Parks herself, and the people who did live through those times.

820Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd October 2018, 3:24 pm

Zarius

Zarius

821Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd October 2018, 4:34 pm

tardis

tardis

She’s holding the blowtorch wrong. Always hold/aim away from the face and other bodily parts.

822Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd October 2018, 5:11 pm

shan164

To be fair, when the Tenth Doctor first meets Donna, he tries to examine her with an ophthalmoscope which he's clearly holding the wrong way around. Maybe that's actually why she slapped him.

823Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd October 2018, 7:01 pm

tardis

tardis

An ophthalmoscope won’t harm you if you hold it wrong.

824Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd October 2018, 9:24 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Series 11 - Page 33 0kO8S2D

A sneek peek of Ryan in action

825Series 11 - Page 33 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd October 2018, 10:11 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Series 11 - Page 33 43047877_10215472718645256_372164151763533824_n

Feminists don't wear pink. They just ruin entire franchises because they're cancerous, hateful, bigoted, intolerant little cunts.

Gee remember when I said that this show was being taken over by a political agenda? I was way off eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum