You are not connected. Please login or register

What Are The Stupidest Fucking Reasons You've Come Across For Casting A Female Doctor?

+3
Rawkuss
Rob Filth
iank
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr. Happy wrote: There is a letter from a transgendered woman in this article about the new Doctor:

http://comicbooksresource.com/2-letters-reflecting-female-doctor-surely-not-sign-transgender-agenda/

Read the article and sadly the woman's points are bullshit.

The Doctor has been a man for so long because the show’s narrative choices have been constrained by the misogynistic expectations of society. In the past especially, a female Doctor would have been a hard sell. Women were not seen as capable of being preternaturally smart and capable — traits that are central to the Doctor character. The fact that society, though perhaps not people like Caldara, is now capable of seeing a woman in this light is a simple issue of sloughing off some of that misogynistic baggage.”

I honestly don't get how anyone could post such obvious crap?

Lets look at the time Doctor Who was on. In the 1960's I agree that there certainly wouldn't have been that many female heroes other than Emma Peel, Kathy Gale, Tara King and The Girl From Uncle on tv.

However in the 70's? You have Wonder Woman, The Bionic Woman, Survivors, Charlies Angels, and the Alien film series by the end of the decade. Many of which ironically had a bigger audience worldwide than Doctor Who did at that point.

The 80's, who gives a shit about a female hero by that point? Aliens and Terminator are already among the most celebrated Sci Fi films. If anything a sexy female Doctor could have been viewed by the production team as a cheap way of getting in viewers more than casting a little middle aged quirky guy like McCoy.

The 90's when the Paul McGann movie came out and they were desperate for Doctor Who to be a massive success right away was in the heyday of female heroes dominating the market. Xena was the most popular cult show in the world at that point, Star Trek Voyager was in its second year, Terminator 2 had been a massive success, and within a few years Buffy, Charmed, and Alias were just around the corner.

It was the bloody decade of the "girl power" fad in the entertainment industry FFS. Again if anything a cynical person might have thought "lets make the Doctor a woman like Janeaway, Xena, Buffy all the trendy modern heroes, rather than as a stuffy old English guy to win round audiences " (particularly AMERICAN audiences).

Meanwhile as for the 00's is she actually kidding? At that point in history Charmed was the longest running American fantasy series of all time! Then there had been the Kill Bill, Underworld, Resident Evil film franchises etc.

If anything on film and tv women dominated the sci fi and fantasy markets from the mid 90's to the 00's. Even the male heroes that were around like Hercules and Angel were basically seen as lesser versions of the female heroes, Xena and Buffy (in Angels case it was literally within the shows universe that she could whoop his ass if she wanted too.)

Also take a look at other male led things from that time like Red Dwarf and Futurama. In both of those shows though a man is the lead, the ONLY intelligent, competent and brave and yes usually heroic character is a woman!

To even suggest that people couldn't have dealt with a woman hero in 2005 or 2010 or 2013 is fucking laughable!

I'll tell you what didn't really exist before 2012. The SJW fanbase in Doctor Who. From about 2012 on these people latched onto the show like a cancer because it had become a trendy thing for hipsters to like and so when they started to get into it, again they couldn't just like it. They had to take it over and make it ALL about them. So they slandered Moff, bullied him off twitter, ruined his reputation in the papers, and by a bizarre coincidence of course he started to pander to them from about 2014 on at every step of the way.

All this woman has done once again is just show up how little knowledge she actually has on female heroes. Its hilarious the way that almost every single female Doctor advocate I have come across has 0 knowledge of or interest in sci fi and fantasy shows and films that actually you know star women!

Paul Cornell, Whovian Feminism, Claudia Boleyn, Mr TARDIS, and now this women, NONE of them have virtually any interest in female led things apart from the odd exception.

Their knowledge of female heroes it seems stretches to the Wonder Woman film that came out a few months ago, or Buffy (that they'll have maybe watched a few episodes of) and that awful Ghostbusters film that they'll white knight over.

Of course I'm not saying that not being an expert of female led shows makes you a sexist. However its hilarious that all of these people are going on about "I just want to see a female hero, you ALL need to get used to women heroes on tv" are actually the most ignorant of female led shows LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

A part of me thinks they are just projecting when they accuse everybody else of having a problem with a female lead.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Rob Filth wrote:"The show had always been about change and this is no different"

They wheel that one out yet trash JNT for any changes he made to the show back in the day to make it more up to date with the time his era was made in. These fans are hardly consistent.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Another one I came across recently was that the Doctor was never written as a male character because he isn't a big macho hero using a gun, who wants to shag lots of women, so he's a gender neutral character.

I think its hilarious that these people who go on about breaking gender stereotypes have such a limited view of gender. Apparently the only way you can be a man is if you are a big macho Arnold Schwaznegger guy or if you bang lots of babes?

By that logic Sherlock Holmes isn't a male hero either? Also what you can't have women be big and macho and promiscuous? Again I guess a lot of my favourite female characters like Faith from Buffy, Xena, and Kelly from Ash vs Evil Dead aren't really women LOL

Ironically unlike these twats I'm not trying to impose gender roles on either sex. I've never said a woman couldn't play the same type of hero as the Doctor (hence why I've favoured a Romana spin off.) I've simply said that the Doctor specifically is a man, because of his history, his relationship with other characters, how he's been played etc. Trying to crowbar a woman in after this time feels awkward at best (same would apply with a male Romana.)

Also this is just further proof that they know FUCK ALL about the character of the Doctor too. He never uses a gun? He's never been a big action hero?

Also its ironic that the Fitzroy Tavern cucks are the ones who made him into a lothario too. Though again even before that being asexual doesn't mean you're gender neutral. Again is Sherlock Holmes not the quintessential British gentlemanly hero?

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

What Are The Stupidest Fucking Reasons You've Come Across For Casting A Female Doctor? - Page 2 Jared-10

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

It all began with the Virgin books. Embarrassed at liking something as silly as Doctor Who the perpetual adolescents who cadged control of the book line proceeded to put every cringe inducing right-on thing and "edgy" concept they could, mutating the character in the process, naturally.

They did all this with the talentless bolshie actor "Sylvester McCoy" as the Doctor, then when the PDA and 8DA ranges came out naturally many of the usual suspects slithered into writing jobs on them too and continued the aberrant story telling.

It really was a mercy killing when they put those ranges out to pasture.

Some of the usual suspects even infiltrated the Brigadier book range and utterly fucked that up too.
*golf clap*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum