You are not connected. Please login or register

What Are The Stupidest Fucking Reasons You've Come Across For Casting A Female Doctor?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

For myself personally, I think these are some of the dumbest reasons I've come across:

"The Doctor is a shape-shifter"

Yup, just like fucking Sandman. Where DO NuWho fans get this shit from? I always respond that I'm so pleased that Frobisher the Penguin has been impersonating the Doctor all of these years and the 6th Doctor is still tied up and locked in a TARDIS cupboard somewhere.

"Sydney Newman proposed it decades ago - so it HAD to happen eventually"

Yup, this is the same Sydney Newman who wanted to bin the Daleks, make every story a historical(which nobody liked), and messed up Susan's character to the point where the actress felt compelled to leave the series, and at the time when he proposed "regenderation" in 1986 had no idea of what had been established during the last 20 years of the programme or was even aware of the existence of Time Lords. He also wanted "degeneration" of changing Colin Baker back into Patrick Troughton for a few years before casting a woman - way to go to alienate all the audience who latched onto the show during the 70's and 80's!

He also wanted a trumpet playing school girl with "John Lennon glasses" with an older yobbo graffitiing brother as companions - hardly progressive ideas - even in the mid-80's they would've looked old hat.

There's little to thank Michael Grade for, but binning these ideas is definitely one reason to.

"It's been written from the very start that Time Lords can gender change"

Where DO these NuWho morons get this utter shit from? I always ask them what Classic Series story this is established in. Funnily enough, none of them can answer me.

Even my own bloody mother thought this. It's an assumption made by those who don't watch the series but have noticed the tabloid moron media bang on incessantly about it each time an actor leaves the part.  

"It needs to be done in order to give females a better representation within the series"

Now this one I might understand and accept if female characters were a bit lacking in the show, but after counting all of the regular male and female characters in the show(and counting each Doctor as a separate male character), in both Classic Who AND NuWho female characters outnumber those of males.

"The Doctor is a shape-shifting alien - he can change to what he likes"

Shut the fuck up with your Sandman shit.

"The series has always contradicted and retconned itself so it doesn't matter if the new Doctor is a woman"

There's a huge difference between writing three destructions of Atlantis and messing up UNIT dating/chronology and changing the core principle of one of the shows icons(regeneration) and the whole culture of the central character and his people.

"The show had always been about change and this is no different"

I'm guessing that most of people who trot this one out wouldn't mind an American Doctor or the TARDIS exterior being changed from an old fashioned Police Box(which no one remembers), into something more modern and contemporary like a Portaloo then?

"Hey! He's a whacky immortal shape-shifter with two hearts - of course he can be a woman"

I look forward to the next Doctors being a grand piano, a cloud of sentient gas and a flock of nightingales then - now fuck off.

"Star Trek did it years ago with Captain Janeway - so why can't Doctor Who do it too?"

Seriously? So Captain Janeway was the gender-reassigned sex-changed Captain Kirk all along then? Small wonder he wore that corset then.

"He can be a dog with no nose if he wants!"

NuWho fans can't even get their own mythology revisionisms right.

"The only people who don't like this are misogynist sexists who are afraid of vaginas! Get with the times cavemen"

The irony being, this default position( usually expressed by men) is often hilariously directed at Fangirls who have expressed a dislike to the Doctor changing gender of which there are LOADS I have come across.  

"Why can't he be a woman? The Doctor is a alien shape-shifter!"

I told you to fuck off with your shape-shifting Marvel/DC superhero bullshit.

I'll list some more fucking stupid reasons as soon as I think of them, but most of them think it's acceptable for a clumsily shoehorned in 3 year retcon to cancel out what has been established in the previous 50 years.

What are your favourite dumbfuck things NuWho fans come out with which betrays their utter ignorance of the show and it's conventions?

Last edited by Rob Filth on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 9 times in total

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com
"It's time."

I've no idea what this is even supposed to mean.

View user profile
@iank wrote:"It's time."

I've no idea what this is even supposed to mean.

Time to jump the shark and fuck everything up I think.

The other thing I've also noticed is that they ALWAYS seem to conflate not liking the Doctor changing gender with not wanting him to change race either.

I wouldn't give a toss about a black or asian male Doctor personally because it doesn't directly conflict with Time Lord lore or their culture and a change of skin colour is as cosmetic as hair or eye colour - funnily enough though, once when I had this discussion with a black mate who is a Whofan also some years ago, he wasn't keen on the idea at all.

He felt a black actor playing "a white role" was "cultural appropriation" for some bizarre reason, I respectfully disagreed.

Last edited by Rob Filth on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

For me, the stupidest reason is 'The Doctor is a time traveling alien' but changing gender punctures your idea realism?

Erm, fuck off! One, it's the premise of the show that it's a time traveling alien if you can't accept that why would you be watching in the first place? Just cos I accept that it doesn't mean that I have to think every idea that follows is automatically valid. That same logic was used to justify the moon being an egg.

Or any old bollocks for that matter. There have to be absolutes for there to be drama. Somethings are just out of reach even for DW.

Secondly, you think I watch DW for realism? If they want to do Tim Burton style expressionism then that's fine with me as long as the logic of the episode is consistent.

View user profile
and another one I recently came across:

" Did you know they stated in the early dr who seasons that the doctor has no gender, right?"

and this beauty:

" any Whovian worth their salt knows that Gallifreyans can regenerate into any species"

Honestly, WHERE DO NuWho fans drag this utter nonsense up from?

Are they REALLY as utterly fucking clueless as they make out?

I'm looking forward to the 14th Doctor being cast as a fucking slimy toad then. "Ribbet! Ribbet!"

@Rob Filth wrote:For myself personally, I think these are some of the dumbest reasons I've come across:

"The Doctor is a shape-shifter"

Yup, just like fucking Sandman. Where DO NuWho fans get this shit from? I always respond that I'm so pleased that Frobisher the Penguin has been impersonating the Doctor all of these years and the 6th Doctor is still tied up and locked in a TARDIS cupboard somewhere.

"Sidney Newman proposed it decades ago - so it HAD to happen eventually"

Yup, this is the same Sidney Newman who wanted to bin the Daleks, make every story a historical(which nobody liked), and messed up Susan's character to the point where the actress felt compelled to leave the series, and at the time when he proposed "regenderation" in 1986 had no idea of what had been established during the last 20 years of the programme or was even aware of the existence of Time Lords. He also wanted "degeneration" of changing Colin Baker back into Patrick Troughton for a few years before casting a woman - way to go to alienate all the audience who latched onto the show during the 70's and 80's!

He also wanted a trumpet playing school girl with "John Lennon glasses" with an older yobbo graffitiing brother as companions - hardly progressive ideas - even in the mid-80's they would've looked old hat.

There's little to thank Michael Grade for, but binning these ideas is definitely one of them.

"It's been written from the very start that Time Lords can gender change"

Where DO these NuWho morons get this utter shit from? I always ask them what Classic Series story this is established in. Funnily enough, none of them can answer me.

Even my own bloody mother thought this. It's an assumption made by those who don't watch the series but have noticed the tabloid moron media bang on incessantly about it each time an actor leaves the part.  

"It needs to be done in order to give females a better representation within the series"

Now this one I might understand and accept if female characters were a bit lacking in the show, but after counting all of the regular male and female characters in the show(and counting each Doctor as a separate male character), in both Classic Who AND NuWho female characters outnumber those of males.

"The Doctor is a shape-shifting alien - he can change to what he likes"

Shut the fuck up with your Sandman shit.

"The series has always contradicted and retconned itself so it doesn't matter if the new Doctor is a woman"

There's a huge difference between writing three destructions of Atlantis and messing up UNIT dating/chronology and changing the core principle of one of the shows icons(regeneration) and the whole culture of the central character and his people.

"The show had always been about change and this is no different"

I'm guessing that most of people who trot this one wouldn't mind an American Doctor or the TARDIS exterior being changed from an old fashioned Police Box(which no one remembers), into something more modern and contemporary like a Portaloo then?

"Hey! He's a whacky immortal shape-shifter with two hearts - of course he can be a woman"

I look forward to the next Doctors being a grand piano, a cloud of sentient gas and a flock of nightingales then - now fuck off.

"Star Trek did it years ago with Captain Janeway - so why can't Doctor Who do it too?"

Seriously? So Captain Janeway was the gender-reassigned sex-changed Captain Kirk all along then? Small wonder he wore that corset then.

"He can be a dog with no nose if he wants!"

NuWho fans can't even get their own mythology revisionisms right.

"The only people who don't like this are misogynist sexists who are afraid of vaginas! Get with the times cavemen"

The irony being, this default position( usually expressed by men) is often hilariously directed at Fangirls who have expressed a dislike to the Doctor changing gender of which there are LOADS I have come across.  

"Why can't he be a woman? The Doctor is a alien shape-shifter!"

I told you to fuck off with your shape-shifting Marvel/DC superhero bullshit.

I'll list some more fucking stupid reasons as soon as I think of them, but most of them think a 3 year retcon cancels out what has been established in the previous 50 years.

What are your favourite dumbfuck things NuWho fans come out with which betrays their utter ignorance of the show and it's conventions?

Fantastic list! I have come across all of these online.

Really the only one I can add is the ridiculous claim that people who don't like it are transphobic. Iank will attest that there was a crazy bastard on Planet Mondas who kept calling me transphobic and said that trans people will feel scared watching me sneer my prejudices about them because I said that Missy was shit LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Then of course there was this gem from Paul Cornell.

Anyone who doesn't like their favorite character changing gender is exactly the type of person who would turn on their own family member changing gender!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That's the thing that fucks me off the most about this. They completely lost the argument, but they only got their way because they whined, bullied anyone who disagreed ith it and shrieked the loudest.

View user profile
@burrunjor wrote:Then of course there was this gem from Paul Cornell.

Anyone who doesn't like their favorite character changing gender is exactly the type of person who would turn on their own family member changing gender!

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

That one's great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'd ask Paul Cornell if he's speaking from personal experience there!

I've just asked a load of regeneration-retcon NuWho morons if they can name me the first female Time Lady to appear on Gallifrey in the series, such is their obvious devotion to female characters.

I haven't had any of them answer me back yet....I'm not gonna hold my breath...

"For years the doctor has said that timelords could become anything or any gender."

The thing that bugs me most is this revisionism of The Doctor suddenly being a "shape-shifter" or "shape changer", I can't say I recognise that description of regeneration from ANY of the Terrance Dicks books I've read.

When DID this revisionism suddenly occur?

It's like they've conflated regeneration with the TARDIS's Chameleon Circuit or something.

I just humour the morons by agreeing and suggesting maybe the Doctor could be like Maya from Space 1999 and turn into tigers, apes and elephants and things each story and wouldn't that be a cool development also?  

Fucking idiots.

Another one I came across:

"Why does The Doctor have to be a man?"

I asked the poster why do THEY have to be a man?

And asked them whether they consider the fact that whilst they remain a man, it is a bit sexist?

(I think I have a pair of scissors in the kitchen drawer and my mums got some estrogen tablets I could donate to them if the guilt gets a bit much)

Say thank you to our current brain-dead "culture" for these morons.

View user profile
I've just asked a load of regeneration-retcon NuWho morons if they can name me the first female Time Lady to appear on Gallifrey in the series, such is their obvious devotion to female characters.

I haven't had any of them answer me back yet....I'm not gonna hold my breath...

Agreed. That's the thing about these people that makes them so hateful. They know fuck all about Doctor Who, and they know fuck all about female heroes.

Its all just either as I have been over in the Xena thread a petty hateful spiteful little vendetta against male fans, or its  an ego thing on the part of a lot of the writers who either pushed for or brought this shit into the show.

You see people like Gene Roddenberry and Frank Hampson back in the 60's and 50's were genuinely left wing guys who cared about combating prejudice. Not saying they were perfect, but still they gave strong roles for black and female characters in their work when such a thing was almost unheard of and there was racism everywhere in our society.

As a result they are still celebrated today as great men in the entertainment industry who were ahead of their time.

IMO a lot of these modern writers who bang on about how fabulous it is that they have women, black, LGBT heroes in their work like J J Abrams just want the kudos that the likes of Roddenbery and Hampson still get. Only problem for them is nowadays you can't be bold by simply having a black actor or a woman or an LGBT be the lead.

Blade/Red Dwarf/Xena/Buffy/Charmed/Ghost Whisperer I have never seen anyone say they hate these shows because the leads are black/LGBT/women. This is not the 60's where you can just have a black man and a white man kiss and its a sensation. Nobody gives a fuck anymore!

However pricks like Paul Cornell and Neil Gaiman (who was the one who made gender bending time lords canon. IMO he gets away with vandalizing the canon that way) just want to be Gene Roddenberry so they latched onto this female Doctor thing as a way of making themselves look fabulous. They could change the Doctors sex and anyone who didn't like it was smeared as a bigot, as bad as the people who didn't think that Uhura should have kissed Kirk.

Look at these quotes from Gaiman and Paul Cornell. They are the most conceited "I'M BETTER THAN YOU" shit I've ever seen.

“I think he’s a great choice!” Cornell enthuses, “I would’ve preferred a woman though… I got really annoyed at lots of my friends in the Doctor Who fandom, I’d no idea they’d react so conservatively and negatively to [the idea of a female Doctor]. They seemed to think it was okay to say an awful lot of s***.” Does he think we’ll ever see a female doctor? “Maybe! Neil [Gaiman] changed the world by including that one line in his script about a woman having been a Timelord before, so that opened up the possibility”

“The absolute worst extreme of that trait is the sort of fan that thinks there shouldn’t be a female Doctor.  They’re sure they’re good people, so there must, their reasoning goes, be a good reason why they feel that way.  They’re not bigots, after all.  They can’t be.  So they find some very awkward ‘reason’ that can just about be made to sound okay.  But it must be okay.  Because they’re good people.

And they are good people.  It’s just that good people sometimes express bigoted thoughts.  I had a fanzine article published about why the Doctor should always be ‘a fair-skinned being’.  I wasn’t a villain then, I was just infected by bigotry.  Because we all are.  It took many years, but I finally realised I didn’t have a good reason to think that.  (I also needed to realise that admitting I didn’t have a good reason didn’t mean I was suddenly a horrible person, a fear that, I think, lies behind a lot of entrenched fan opinion about this sort of thing.)  

I was being a bigot when I said it, but I probably said something entirely sincere against bigotry a few minutes later.  That’s how the vast majority of people are.  These days the consensus is that it’s not okay to have any sort of reason why there shouldn’t be a Doctor Of Colour.  That’s only become the case in the last two or three years.  Though everyone is unconsciously pushing that date further and further back, to the point where soon nobody could ever have believed something as terrible as that.

In a few years, it’ll be the same with the possibility of a female Doctor.”

I always feel like the wrong person to be asked when I get asked that question because people say, ‘Well how do you write such good female characters?’ And I go, ‘Well I write people.’ Approximately half of the people I know are female and they’re cool, and they’re interesting, and so, why wouldn’t I?

I think the big thing to point out to people is, you know, possibly they should go and hang around with some women.

That's all this crap we about representation is about nowadays, the ego of people in Hollywood which is why their female/black characters tend to suck nowadays compared to ones from the early 2000's, 90's and even the bloody 60's. Case in point Capaldi era Who and Supergirl LOL.

View user profile
"I think the big thing to point out to people is, you know, possibly they should go and hang around with some women."

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Wow, in all of my 50 years I don't think I've ever entertained that possibility before. What good advice.

Next time I see a group of women hanging around on a street corner I shall immediately lurk nearby...

To be honest, I always took Gaimans idiotic throwaway dialogue in "The Doctor's Wife"(awful episode) as The Doctor just being facetious, it's Moffat I blame squarely for "breaking the canon"

I noticed one of those statements falls completely into my "they ALWAYS seem to conflate not liking the Doctor changing gender with not wanting him to change race either" observation earlier.

Why DO people always conflate gender politics with those of racial issues? I know that bigotry affects both of them, but the overall issues are entirely separate, particularly when it comes to casting considerations.

Are they seriously suggesting all oppressed or abused women are automatically not racist or bigoted? Or vice versa with racial minorities who are misrepresented, dismissed out of hand or who experience racism?

If only life was as easy and as uncomplicated as that.

"Really the only one I can add is the ridiculous claim that people who don't like it are transphobic. Iank will attest that there was a crazy bastard on Planet Mondas who kept calling me transphobic and said that trans people will feel scared watching me sneer my prejudices about them because I said that Missy was shit."

I'd be curious to know what transgender folk who are Whofans actually think of this idea.

I recently came across a female>male transgender who liked the idea, but I don't think they come across quite the same issues, difficulties of transitioning or quite the same levels of prejudice male>female transgenders do.

I know a couple of male>female transgender folk who are Whofans and whose opinions I'd be hugely interested to hear, particularly as one has been a fan since Hartnell.

I doubt they'd be hugely opposed to it like I am, but indifferent considering last time I talked with them they weren't hugely impressed with NuWho anyway.

I DO find it funny that all of these hugely gay and camp drama queen long-term fanboys are now suddenly branded as the new wife-beating misogynists, chaining women to the kitchen sink everywhere and upholders of the patriarchy though! It's pretty damn hilarious.

@Rob Filth wrote:"Really the only one I can add is the ridiculous claim that people who don't like it are transphobic. Iank will attest that there was a crazy bastard on Planet Mondas who kept calling me transphobic and said that trans people will feel scared watching me sneer my prejudices about them because I said that Missy was shit."

I'd be curious to know what transgender folk who are Whofans actually think of this idea.

I recently came across a female>male transgender who liked the idea, but I don't think they come across quite the same issues, difficulties of transitioning or quite the same levels of prejudice male>female transgenders do.

I know a couple of male>female transgender folk who are Whofans and whose opinions I'd be hugely interested to hear, particularly as one has been a fan since Hartnell.

I doubt they'd be hugely opposed to it like I am, but indifferent considering last time I talked with them they weren't hugely impressed with NuWho anyway.

I DO find it funny that all of these hugely gay and camp drama queen long-term fanboys are now suddenly branded as the new wife-beating misogynists, chaining women to the kitchen sink everywhere and upholders of the patriarchy though! It's pretty damn hilarious.

I know someone who transgendered from male to female and they are really pleased about the Doctor becoming a woman. Mind you, they also like the new series so they clearly have no taste. Wink

View user profile
I've just come across some corkers recently:

"well i can still call them shape-shifters because their bodies are also changed."

and:

"there is also no written rule in the WHO-Verse that says a time lord has to appear humanoid."

and these two tiresome morsels

"There has always been an open possibility and conjecture about the doctor regenerating as a woman."

"They have been open to and contemplating a female doctor since the beginning."

and an even better one!

"I could care less about the history. If it means being a cantankerous tedious person."

(After being told people who don't like the regenderation retcon aren't "real" fans!)

and this particular beauty when the full weight of canon is applied.

"Not everyone wants to go back and watch dusty old outdated programs with outdated information and effects. Dusty old relics fall by the wayside if they can't keep up with the times."

That one is "a real fan", by the way. She ended up sending me personal abuse on my profile before blocking me after completely losing it because she couldn't come up with more than 3 reference points made in the last 3 years to back her opinion.

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Then there's this clearly misinformed statement:

"We established that Time Lords can change gender back in the 70s."

Maybe they mean Pertwee in that frock in "The Green Death"??

Still none of them have been able to name me the very first female Time Lord introduced on Gallifrey in the series....can't imagine why not....

It's no surprise. New Who is as dumb as fuck, so it's not much of a surprise that a good deal of its fanbase are too.

View user profile
This video here is one of the worst.

I can't tell you how much I fucking HATE this argument with a vengeance.

NO not all change is good in Doctor Who just because they changed the lead actor in 1966.

Back then so little of the shows lore had been established. We knew nothing of the Doctors race, his people, why he ran away. To try and act as though that's the same as changing a lore set down for 50 years is moronic.

That's the thing you see if someone could supply even ONE reason as to why a female Doctor was a good idea in the show itself, then we'd be okay with it, but they haven't.

Its all "you're a sexist" "all change is good, don't be a ming mong", "its canon".

Its funny how often they expose themselves as hypocrites. If all change is good why do these self loathing fanboys still whinge on about changes in Colin's time that apparently ruined DW? Why if they care so much about female heroes do they never bother with them? Why do people like Moff and Paul Cornell say that DW has no canon in order to cover up their ludicrous plot holes, but then say that because of ONE line about the Corsair it has to happen that Time Lords have to gender bend?

View user profile
@Rob Filth wrote:I've just come across some corkers recently:

"well i can still call them shape-shifters because their bodies are also changed."

and:

"there is also no written rule in the WHO-Verse that says a time lord has to appear humanoid."

and these two tiresome morsels

"There has always been an open possibility and conjecture about the doctor regenerating as a woman."

"They have been open to and contemplating a female doctor since the beginning."

and an even better one!

"I could care less about the history. If it means being a cantankerous tedious person."

(After being told people who don't like the regenderation retcon aren't "real" fans!)

and this particular beauty when the full weight of canon is applied.

"Not everyone wants to go back and watch dusty old outdated programs with outdated information and effects. Dusty old relics fall by the wayside if they can't keep up with the times."

That one is "a real fan", by the way. She ended up sending me personal abuse on my profile before blocking me after completely losing it because she couldn't come up with more than 3 reference points made in the last 3 years to back her opinion.

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Then there's this clearly misinformed statement:

"We established that Time Lords can change gender back in the 70s."

Maybe they mean Pertwee in that frock in "The Green Death"??

Still none of them have been able to name me the very first female Time Lord introduced on Gallifrey in the series....can't imagine why not....

I have seen far more personal abuse from the pro female Doctor side. The proof of that is that Peter Davison was chased off despite being perfectly reasonable by the pro female Doctor side, whilst Colin Baker who is for it and has quite frankly been a total dickhead to his fanbase and stabbed them in the back hasn't.

What really pisses me off more than anything though is all of these people who claim to be neutral like Neil Perryman, MR TARDIS etc with their "I don't care one way or the other about a female Doctor" still only ever make fun of those opposed to a female Doctor's reactions that are extreme like say Ian Levine (though personally I think Levine was spot on)

Why hasn't MR TARDIS bothered to look up the mad feminists that have gone around accusing the rest of us of being sexists, or even just the hateful bile they have been spewing at people/.

Simple because he and others like him are fucking cowards who want to look all smart and superior and they know that if they go after the fanboys then they won't have to deal with that bad a backlash. Yeah they might get called a cuck or something like that, but if you go after the Pro Female Doctor side not only are they too vicious, but because about 80 percent of them are feminists they will actually try and ruin your life.

THIS is what happens when you go up against these people. Yet its our side that is hateful. Mr Tardis and Colin Baker are so full of it. At least Ian Levine has one of they spine things.

View user profile
I wouldn't personally have so much of a problem with this if they had found some other way in which to change The Doctors gender(i.e. Chameleon Arch), but retconning the Time Lords from a bunch of dusty, archiac, custodians of Time into a ludicrous bunch of gender-swappng idiots for cheap laughs has turned the programme into a modern equivalent of The fucking Dick Emery Show.

The only people who like this shit are morons who never watch the show and who will most likely not tune into more than 2 episodes next series.

@Rob Filth wrote:I wouldn't personally have so much of a problem with this if they had found some other way in which to change The Doctors gender(i.e. Chameleon Arch), but retconning the Time Lords from a bunch of dusty, archiac, custodians of Time into a ludicrous bunch of gender-swappng idiots for cheap laughs has turned the programme into a modern equivalent of The fucking Dick Emery Show.

The only people who like this shit are morons who never watch the show and who will most likely not tune into more than 2 episodes next series.

Indeed if there was a story reason as we have seen with Brainiac no one would even notice.

I'd argue that a female Doctor should never happen because no story reason has been given in the last almost 40 years since it was first proposed.

Its all just abuse, all change is good, or bare faced lies like William Hartnells Doctor apparently was gender neutral. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

View user profile
@burrunjor wrote:I'd argue that a female Doctor should never happen because no story reason has been given in the last almost 40 years since it was first proposed.

Its all just abuse, all change is good, or bare faced lies like William Hartnells Doctor apparently was gender neutral.  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL
You know, the thing which boils my piss about this the most is the way the Time Lords have been completely fucked up(along with The Master, presumably Susan, Romana and The Rani too).

It might've been kind of fun and an audience-thrower had they found some way other to do this for a season or two, rather than allow the tabloid trash like The Sun to conflate regeneration with a sex change operation until they've managed to gradually cheapen and tarnish the whole concept. Then, after the gender-change had been corrected, everything would be alright again afterwards to continue as normal, making the Doctor in touch with his female side a more unique happening which didn't completely retcon and fuck up Time Lord culture.  

It's this aspect to this whole gender-swap stupidity which I personally find so offensive and damaging towards the whole programme.

The lead character in the programme will forever be called and referred to as: "The time-travelling gender-bender" in every single article on the programme in the tabloids now, rather than "The mysterious time traveller"

It is HUGELY fucking damaging, beyond the concepts of all those supporting it.

I personally believe we could well be at an end to Season 22 point again.

You know, the thing which boils my piss about this the most is the way the Time Lords have been completely fucked up(along with The Master, presumably Susan, Romana and The Rani too).

Agreed 100 percent. This is what I've been saying for years gender regeneration is not a good idea because it changes every single time lord character on the show. Before Time Lords were interesting aliens, now they're like a parody.

Still lets have a little fun here, lets try and think of another gender change along the lines of Missy. Cast a well known comedian of the opposite gender as a character, and then rewrite the time lord to be like the comedy character they've always played (for those who don't know what I am talking about, Michelle Gomez played a similar Missy character, mad, stalkerish, horny Scots woman in Green Wing, Sue White.)

Also you have to give them a new name that's a lame pun on their gender, and an inappropriate love interest.

I'll go first

The Mani

Played by Matt Berry, and rewritten to be like Douglas Reynohm. The Mani is a sex crazed lothario desperate to fuck Clara. He asks Rory and the Doctor how they could be around Amy Pond and not be a 24 hour tripod and makes jokes about how he loves having a cock now and wants to use it as often as possible. His first story is called The Cock of the Rani.

SuMan

Played by David Mitchell. SuMan has a similar personality to Mark Corrigan from Peep Show. He is a sad, pathetic loser with no confidence who constantly gets victimized. He and Osgood take a liking to each other, but Osgood later rapes him in his sleep, though he doesn't see it that way as she didn't stick anything up his bum.

This episode then gets sidetracked onto how there is a double standard against female on male rape, and all of David Mitchell's storylines are about the hardships men endure in western society and anyone who would rather just watch a Doctor Who story is obviously a man hating piece of scum.

RoMANa

Played by Robert Webb. RoMANa is a sex crazed slacker and failed singer who leeches off of the hard working Doctor in the TARDIS and is happy to whore himself out to Rassilon giving him handjobs.

Anybody who doesn't like my automatically marvellous changes to OTHER people's characters is a sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, sad virgin cunt who is ashamed that men are repulsed by their big fat gut if they are a woman (people who come out with things like that about the opposite sex totally aren't sexist), or if they are a man, they are either a self loather, or they are a sad git who can't stand change.

Duh William Hartnell changed into Patrick Troughton before so that means I totally don't have to justify any other changes in the history of the show based on their own merits (unless they are from the 80's. Received wisdom says that DW got shit in the 80's so everything in that decade was crap, even if its shit that New Who has done 10000 times worse, that was still a shit change.)

View user profile
@Mr. Happy wrote:
@Rob Filth wrote:"Really the only one I can add is the ridiculous claim that people who don't like it are transphobic. Iank will attest that there was a crazy bastard on Planet Mondas who kept calling me transphobic and said that trans people will feel scared watching me sneer my prejudices about them because I said that Missy was shit."

I know someone who transgendered from male to female and they are really pleased about the Doctor becoming a woman. Mind you, they also like the new series so they clearly have no taste. Wink

There is a letter from a transgendered woman in this article about the new Doctor:

http://comicbooksresource.com/2-letters-reflecting-female-doctor-surely-not-sign-transgender-agenda/

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum