You are not connected. Please login or register

Jodie better singer than actress

+3
TheCuomoDoctor
Pepsi Maxil
burrunjor
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jodie better singer than actress Empty Jodie better singer than actress 1st May 2020, 12:09 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Her cover of Yellow is amazing. So much better than the orginal.

Her accent is so lovely in this song. Really gives it a more tender, warm tone.

I haven't seen Jodie in anythng other than DW, so I don't know if she is a bad actress overall (hence why I'd never say she was.) But based on the single acting role I've seen her in she is a vastly better singer.

What a shame she didn't go down that path than work with Chibbers.

2Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 1st May 2020, 12:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Gorgeous cover. She does have a lot of talent, but unfortunately it's wasted on Doctor Who.

3Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 1st May 2020, 12:35 pm

TheCuomoDoctor

TheCuomoDoctor

I'm still waiting for a Capaldi cover of Motorhead.

4Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 1st May 2020, 12:38 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Gorgeous cover. She does have a lot of talent, but unfortunately it's wasted on Doctor Who.

Absolutely her voice is just beautiful. If she became a singer, she could be one of the best of her generation. Again I don't know how she is as an actress, outside of Chibbers Who, but if she can pour that much emotion into music, I'd wager she is vastly better than you'd think from 13.

UGH Chibbers is such a fucking hack.

5Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 1st May 2020, 1:25 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

She's got a pleasant voice, but very little vocal technique. She wouldn't cut it professionally. Not without strumming a guitar and gazing into her navel, anyway.

Burrunjor wrote:If she became a singer, she could be one of the best of her generation.

Not a chance.

6Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 1st May 2020, 3:21 pm

Zarius

Zarius

"Tonight Matthew, I'll be..."

That's kind of where I stand with Jodie's performance. Would win a weekend on Stars In Their Eyes Wink

7Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 1st May 2020, 11:58 pm

iank

iank

Well she couldn't be much worse. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 2nd May 2020, 9:15 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

burrunjor wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:Gorgeous cover. She does have a lot of talent, but unfortunately it's wasted on Doctor Who.

Absolutely her voice is just beautiful. If she became a singer, she could be one of the best of her generation. Again I don't know how she is as an actress, outside of Chibbers Who, but if she can pour that much emotion into music, I'd wager she is vastly better than you'd think from 13.

UGH Chibbers is such a fucking hack.

I cannot comment on Whittaker's singing ability, because I really can't bring myself to listen to that woman (and I don't like the original version of the song anyway) but I've seen JW in other acting roles and she's simply mediocre (Black Mirror, Attack The Block, Adult Life Skills, etc). I've no idea how such an average talent managed to succeed in that profession, nor how anyone thought she could convincingly play the lead role in Doctor Who. While not exactly a terrible actress, she comes across as bland and insipid and doesn't really stand out in anything she appears in - she's more suited to playing a background character - reliable, but nothing special. JW lacks that mercurial, alien quality required to portray the Doctor - I believe her to be a pleasant, attractive, but quite ordinary jobbing actress, not Doctor Who material.  

Though I completely agree with you about Chibnall being a hack, and that he should take the vast majority of the blame for two diabolically bad series of DW, this isn't the sad tale of some wonderfully talented actress lost in a shitstorm of awful scripts and lousy direction. Unfortunately, Whittaker's only standout feature is that she was 'the First Female Doctor' (or Tennant with tits) and I think that's all that was required of her.

Last edited by Kaijuko on 2nd May 2020, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

9Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 2nd May 2020, 9:19 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

UncleDeadly wrote:

Burrunjor wrote:If she became a singer, she could be one of the best of her generation.

Not a chance.

The music industry is hardly a gold mine of talent these days LOL I'm sure she'd have a chance. She's got a very distinctive voice so she'd definitely stand out from other artists of today.

10Jodie better singer than actress Empty Re: Jodie better singer than actress 2nd May 2020, 11:35 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
UncleDeadly wrote:

Not a chance.

The music industry is hardly a gold mine of talent these days LOL I'm sure she'd have a chance. She's got a very distinctive voice so she'd definitely stand out from other artists of today.

Yeah that's what I meant. Maybe generation is the wrong word. Technically I suppose she's the same generation as Amy, Paloma and Gaga, and she obviously could never be in their league.

I meant that her voice is more genuinely nice than most of the bland crap you hear these days and more unusual. If she devoted herself to that full time, then she'd probably stand out more than as an actress.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum