You are not connected. Please login or register

Julian Barratt as the Doctor

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Julian Barratt as the Doctor Empty Julian Barratt as the Doctor 7th April 2020, 8:50 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Not to be confused with Julian Richngs LOL who I have suggested a few times.

Barratt is best known as part of The Mighty Boosh comedy double act. He is primarily a comedy actor, but he can do serious work.

Obviously we're not talking about following Jodie or anything like that. Personally I think he would have been a good Troughton style Doctor.

He has that same scruffy look, can seem intelligent, well spoken, but also a bit bumbling and could bring a lot of comedy into it like Troughton.

If we ever do get something more like True Who, then he'd be one of my top picks.

2Julian Barratt as the Doctor Empty Re: Julian Barratt as the Doctor 17th April 2020, 8:25 pm

Richayard

Have you seen https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4799064/? He's good in that. I think he could do it in a similar way to Pertwee. An actor best known for comedy who delivers a compelling, straight performance.

3Julian Barratt as the Doctor Empty Re: Julian Barratt as the Doctor 18th April 2020, 8:51 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Richayard wrote:Have you seen https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4799064/? He's good in that. I think he could do it in a similar way to Pertwee. An actor best known for comedy who delivers a compelling, straight performance.

I have seen that film. It's brilliant. Maxil would love it, it's quite a good parody of a lot of 70s, 80s series. The whole cast were great in it not just Julian. I liked the woman who played his former girlfriend. She kind of reminded me of Xena a bit.

I could see Julian doing a Pertwee. That would be a great surprise, but I'm leaning more for Troughton myself. His real life personality is more Howard Moon. He does call people Sir all the time, and he is a painfully uncool Jazz nerd. I can see him bringng those traits to the role as his Doctors quirks. Kind of like how Pertwee brought his love of cars and fancy clothes, and Hartnell brought his grumpiness to the role.

I always saw Ade Edmondson as being more of a modern day Pertwee.

He similarly is a comedy actor who I can see being very serious as the Doctor. He has mentioned wanting to do more serious acting. Also perhaps he could be a bit physical too as he does have experience beating people up. Well the same person, Rik Mayall for 25 years LOL.

I see it for an animated Who as being Julian Richings as like a modern day Hartnell, Barrat as like a modern day Troughton, Edmondson as like a modern day Pertwee. Obviously all would bring elements of their own persona's and styles to it, but you can see them broadly fitting those patterns.

Then again who knows how they'd play. Perhaps Barrat would be more straight forward, whilst Richings would bring more comedy into it? You'd obviously have to let them do what they wanted (but keep them in line with the overall persona of the Doctor.)

All 3 actors are True Who fans btw and would probably jump at it. Ade even slagged off the Capaldi era. I remember him tweeting about Clara coming back in Hellbent. "Oh god not her again, I thought we'd finally got rid of her." Richie probably would have loved Clara though.

4Julian Barratt as the Doctor Empty Re: Julian Barratt as the Doctor 18th April 2020, 7:55 pm

Richie

Richie

burrunjor wrote: Richie probably would have loved Clara though.

She'll never be Sue Carpenter matey.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum