+2
Tanmann
The First Doctor
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The War Doctor Empty The War Doctor 20th December 2019, 12:08 pm

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

Just wanted to get peoples opinion on him, the concept of him and what they actually ended up doing with him.

2The War Doctor Empty Re: The War Doctor 20th December 2019, 1:32 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I thought John Hurt was great, but it was a pointless retcon really.

I still to this day don't get why McGann couldn't have been the one who fought the war and pressed the button, like we all assumed. This nonsense idea Moffat had that in a war involving the Doctor's mortal enemies, which threatened the whole of creation... the Doctor would be more concerned about waiting until he was in the 'right' incarnation to fight it? It really made the war feel like a far less urgent thing infact.

And all it achieved was so that Moffat could reassure himself that McGann never pressed the button, by replacing him with a new incarnation that.... didn't press the button either.

For me it was the first worrying sign that Moffat was so ashamed of Classic Who, that he'd rather rewrite the lore so that only the actors he would've approved would've got to play the past Doctors, which of course would later lead to Missy and other changes to lore that seemed to erase and rewrite the past pointlessly.

3The War Doctor Empty Re: The War Doctor 20th December 2019, 9:15 pm

iank

iank

Same. Hurt was fine, but the whole idea was pointless and nothing but stunt-casting. God I hate the 50th, such a piece of crap.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4The War Doctor Empty Re: The War Doctor 21st December 2019, 7:11 am

Ludders

Ludders

I agree Hurt was fine, but I was very meh about the story as a whole.
And yes McGann was the obvious and natural choice for this, but on the plus side at least he's not tainted with NuWho.

5The War Doctor Empty Re: The War Doctor 21st December 2019, 10:44 am

Zarius

Zarius

Hurt is great, and Big Finish redeems the concept well

6The War Doctor Empty Re: The War Doctor 21st December 2019, 12:56 pm

stengos

stengos

Hurt was fine but i would have preferred it if Mofftit had used McGann instead. The 8 minute on-line special they gave McGann instead was okay but hardly a respectable substitute for the role Paul could have had in the tv anniversary special.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum