iank
Zarius
burrunjor
Genkimonk
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-03-16/doctor-who-big-finish-morbius-jo-martin/

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!

If Big Finish has ANY fucking sense, they will not even bid for the 13th Doctor contract extension. DW is dead, and BF will be feeling it, mark my words.

But seriously, who the fuck are these fuckwits asking for this shit? Almost every video, blog post, fan comment, reddit post etc is on fire with how much they hated this?

burrunjor

burrunjor

Genkimonk wrote:https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-03-16/doctor-who-big-finish-morbius-jo-martin/

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!

If Big Finish has ANY fucking sense, they will not even bid for the 13th Doctor contract extension. DW is dead, and BF will be feeling it, mark my words.

But seriously, who the fuck are these fuckwits asking for this shit? Almost every video, blog post, fan comment, reddit post etc is on fire with how much they hated this?

Sadly Big Finish will be working on a way to do this pronto, because if you have any criticism against Jo Martin's Doctor you are a racist.

Only good thing is our man Clockworkocean will be inspired to do some more hilarious parodies as Dick Briggs, whilst BeKind will also probably be inspired too.

I enjoy their parodies more than actual DW these days. Sad

Zarius

Zarius

Eh, I like Jo's Doctor well enough. She's better than Jodie and fits the part. Why not?

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:Eh, I like Jo's Doctor well enough. She's better than Jodie and fits the part. Why not?

How long a list would you like? Seriously, how long a list would you like.

1/ She fucks up continuity worse than Jodie. Bubble was just an annoying add on, this abberation of a character completely rewrites the entire history of the show and character in the worst way possible so that now Hartnell wasn't the first, the Doctor has no agency, the Doctors no longer a traveler who stumbles his way into trouble, but a brainwashed super spy/ victim of mengele's experiments/space Jesus etc.

She needs retconned harder than Pissy Missy. (Never thought I'd say that.)

What if we have her fight the Daleks, the Cybermen, the Master etc? Those will have to be the first time the Doctor faced any of those monsters. Or what if she already knows them? It will completely rewrite the Doctors relationship with all of those characters.  

2/ She's a woman. I honestly don't get this? No offence but I still think people who are even okay with a female Doctor are at it a bit. They probably don't want to appear bigoted, but its not bigoted to say that.

We know this character can't be anyone or else why not cast Hulk Hogan as one of the pre Hartnell Doctors. We are all agreed that the Doctors are broadly the same person, same consciousness, same core persona etc.

So with this in mind how can anyone say that a female Doctor is not jarring? Its nonsense to pretend that Hartnell being made a bit younger, or taller is the same thing.

I watched the Jumanji film the other day (the modern one with mad Kazza, which is a brilliant film btw.) Jack Black's character is a woman trapped in a man's body and it's played for laughs, like when "she" gets a look at her new genitals.

That's pretty much what a female Doctor would be to me. Also trying to turn the Doctor into a Ziggy Stardust, gender bending alien is too far removed from the dusty old professor model, same way turning him into an immature lothario in Tennant's time was.

Difference is you could say the same about Tennant and not worry it made you bigoted. IMO we can't pin all the blame on Jodie. A female Doctor in general is a fucking terrible idea that needs to die, or else we will be right back here again.

3/ Jo Martin and I don't care if Loonyboyx somehow says this is racist, was fucking awful in the role.

Has the standard been set so low by Pisstaker that anyone would seem decent in comparison? It seems so.

Her smugness was comparable to Clara, she did nothing but just shout at Jodie (which is fair enough, but doesn't constitute a character.) Added to that her costume was stupid, her backstory of being married to a little guy in  Wales, Pre Hartnell and being hunted by the Judoon was also stupid too.

Last edited by burrunjor on 30th March 2020, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

burrunjor

burrunjor

Oh another reason not to let Jo Martin near the franchise is that she is a rabid SJW moron too.

She retweeted that Lawrence Fox was a fucking cunt, simply because he criticised the phrase white male privilege.

Now okay fair enough as we pointed out in the Steve Coogan thread, most actors have to tow the SJW line these days.

Still to call a fellow actor a fucking cunt like that in public, for expressing the mildest criticism of identity politics is low, and shows that she would probably along with Brigg's help bring more of this shit into the Doctors past.

iank

iank

Another shining example of the prime cuntery that has taken over this once intelligent, wonderful program.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

Big Finnish is already going to be taking a hard hit from all the fans abandoning the franchise. If they don't need JM further poisoning the well.

That said every c@#t in charge of anything these days seems to want to pander the this vocal minority that do not actually buy or watch their stuff so who knows. If they want to tank their franchise further, fucking let them. Maybe thats what needs to happen, let everything crash, burn and fall to darkness and chaos. Either Who will be purified and reborn or at least it's corpse can nolonger be defiled.

"In the name of all that is evil... I, the Black Guardian, order you to DESTROY NUWHO!"

Boofer

Boofer

Zarius wrote:Eh, I like Jo's Doctor well enough. She's better than Jodie and fits the part. Why not?

I'm with you on this. Jo's Doctor took about 2 minutes to smash Jodie's piss-poor performance to smithereens.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:

I'm with you on this. Jo's Doctor took about 2 minutes to smash Jodie's piss-poor performance to smithereens.

Yeah but Pertwee's obvious stunt double from Monster of Peladon smashed Jodie's awful performance to smithereens too. Doesn't mean Jo isn't still an SJW, a bad choice and even more damaging to the character as a concept.

PS good to see you back after a long absence. It's funny I would have thought people would have been here more since the isolation began, but if anything I'd say it's the opposite.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Was just thinking the other day how sad it was that in the 70s, the producer of the show's first two choices for the part where Jon Pertwee and Ron Moody.

Both were options solely because they were the best people for the part. Both character actors, known for playing mad, crazy and over the top parts. Both would (and were in Pertwee's case) have been excellent choices for the part.

Nowadays however Chibbers first two choices, Jodie and Jo are both shockingly bad, laughable choices even, and are only cast for his ego, so he can be the first to have a woman, a black person etc.

How the franchise has fallen. This demonstrates the difference between when objective professional's make something and self loathing, fanboys desperate to keep in with the incrowd do.

Mott1

Mott1

I agree with Burronjor - and most of the female Dr Who fans I know - that the Doctor should not be played by a woman, or certainly not this type of show as it's done for the wrong reasons.

The essential difference with Ziggy Stardust tho was that (s)he was a trendsetter and flew in the face of the establishnent rather than being part of a media trend.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote:I agree with Burronjor - and most of the female Dr Who fans I know -  that the Doctor should not be played by a woman, or certainly not this type of show as it's done for the wrong reasons.

The essential difference with Ziggy Stardust tho was that (s)he was a trendsetter and flew in the face of the establishnent rather than being part of a media trend.

Thank you, I honestly think the female Doctor is the big hurdle we need to get over. People act like it has nothing to do with the declining quality in theory, "oh with a different actress and writer it could have worked" but no sorry it will always lead to the dumpster fire we are in now.

We all know that the gender change shatters the illusion that the Doctors are all the one person, so right away it leads to the destruction of the character. Second of all it's such a big over the top change, the only way it can not jar, is if you take the "DW is all about change," "DW has no canon" crap.

Both of those things will always result in The Timeless Children or something similar where anything can happen now.

It needs to die, but so many people, even the critical youtubers are still too shit scared to say it's a bad idea. Bowlestrek, Channel Pup etc. Nerdrotic is the only one who has had the balls to say it.

There would be nothing wrong with saying, never mind the continuity, I don't want the Doctor to be a gender bending hero because it's just not what the Doctor is? Same way I wouldn't want Ziggy Stardust to be reinterpreted as a dusty, asexual, professorial character because that's not who he is.

People were allowed to say I don't want the Doctor to be a lothario because that's not what the Doctor is. That to me shows that there is still a fear of being called sexist among certain youtubers.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:Oh another reason not to let Jo Martin near the franchise is that she is a rabid SJW moron too.

She retweeted that Lawrence Fox was a fucking cunt, simply because he criticised the phrase white male privilege.

Now okay fair enough as we pointed out in the Steve Coogan thread, most actors have to tow the SJW line these days.

Still to call a fellow actor a fucking cunt like that in public, for expressing the mildest criticism of identity politics is low, and shows that she would probably along with Brigg's help bring more of this shit into the Doctors past.

Exactly. Doesn't set a great example for the kids, does it? Why are most of the people associated with this era so inherently unpleasant? Is it a requirement?

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Oh another reason not to let Jo Martin near the franchise is that she is a rabid SJW moron too.

Exactly. Doesn't set a great example for the kids, does it? Why are most of the people associated with this era so inherently unpleasant? Is it a requirement?

Yes it is. You have to at least cowtow to nasty ideology that says men are privileged shit lords that need taken down a peg or two to work on SJWHO. That's why they hate Laurence Fox because he had the balls to call out their bigotry.

They don't give a damn about women. Look at Frankie Boyle. He of all people tore into Laurence Fox on twitter for supposedly being a vile misogynist. I'll leave aside his nasty remarks about a certain cockney singer LOL as that would be too obvious for me, but Frankie Boyle has made vile misogynistic remarks about many famous women. Kerry Katona for example.

The idea that he cares about combating misogyny is laughable. (Far funnier than any of his jokes.) Again however he is able to keep in with their ideology because he is happy now to kick white men into the dirt, despite being a bigger misogynist than Laurence Fox. (Who as far as I'm aware isn't a sexist at all!)

Mott1

Mott1

burrunjor wrote:
Mott1 wrote:I agree with Burronjor - and most of the female Dr Who fans I know -  that the Doctor should not be played by a woman, or certainly not this type of show as it's done for the wrong reasons.

Thank you, I honestly think the female Doctor is the big hurdle we need to get over. People act like it has nothing to do with the declining quality in theory, "oh with a different actress and writer it could have worked" but no sorry it will always lead to the dumpster fire we are in now.

We all know that the gender change shatters the illusion that the Doctors are all the one person, so right away it leads to the destruction of the character. Second of all it's such a big over the top change, the only way it can not jar, is if you take the "DW is all about change," "DW has no canon" crap.

Both of those things will always result in The Timeless Children or something similar where anything can happen now.

It needs to die, but so many people, even the critical youtubers are still too shit scared to say it's a bad idea. Bowlestrek, Channel Pup etc. Nerdrotic is the only one who has had the balls to say it.

There would be nothing wrong with saying, never mind the continuity, I don't want the Doctor to be a gender bending hero because it's just not what the Doctor is? Same way I wouldn't want Ziggy Stardust to be reinterpreted as a dusty, asexual, professorial character because that's not who he is.

People were allowed to say I don't want the Doctor to be a lothario because that's not what the Doctor is. That to me shows that there is still a fear of being called sexist among certain youtubers.

I think the thing that grates most on me with Nu Who is the Doctor's character being rewritten depending a) on having a plot point resolved in an unexpected and utterly implausible way for cheap publicity - and RTD could be just as bad as this as Moffat/Chibbers, with Last Of The Time Lords being a particularly cringeworthy example - or b) on whatever comes up when the showrunner types 'fashionable trends in entertainment 2020' into google.

Anyone who writes in their spare time, and Burronjor & myself are at least 2 Hivers who do, puts a lot of effort into characterisation... the idea that then gets thrown out the window (even in a fantasy novel) whenever fashionable or convenient is both a betrayal of the craft and insulting to the intelligent reader.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum