You are not connected. Please login or register

The Faceless Ones Animation (I'm pissed)

+10
Kaijuko
UncleDeadly
Rob Filth
iank
Fendelman
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Ludders
stengos
Bernard Marx
burrunjor
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

burrunjor

burrunjor

So it seems the unprofessional, self loathing fanboy cunts at the restoration team have put Sacha Dawan's Master in The Faceless Ones animated adaptation.

See here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjYys2ghYjoAhUlRhUIHT3oA1UQqQIIMigAMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Fdoctor-who-season-12-master-retcon-original-series%2F&usg=AOvVaw3NCixDIGn8Upebcvx6eb3Z

UGH, why the fuck do these parasitic bastards keep sticking their shit into true who?

First Jodie in Scratchman, now this?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE CUNTS!

I'm honestly considering not buying this now TBH. I don't want them to think they can get away with vandalizing the past like this.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Oh, for fuck’s sake! Why, fucking why, do they have to self-congratulate themselves by vandalising classic stories?

At the same time, I really want these animations to continue as well. If sales plummet thanks to this, we’ll likely not get restorations of other superlative classic stories. I am in something of a dilemma as to whether to buy this now...

stengos

stengos

Fanwank gone mad.

I don't even like Delgado being retconned into it. Sacha more so because he is NuWho which i clearly separate from the classic series.

Hopefully Sacha is even less noticeable than Delgaedo is.

We will be getting images of Tenant and Whittaker next if not the rerecording of the soundtracks with Whitter, Ryan and Yazz edited in.  Rolling Eyes

I assume they are using some criteria to judge that Whitter's era is a success and will attract more buyers to the animated DVD release. I wonder how that works.  Suspect

Ludders

Ludders

No dilemma for me. True, they're definitely pushing the boundaries with this, but a couple of posters in the background of a scene that will be seen for a couple of seconds is not going to stop me from buying this.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ludders wrote:No dilemma for me. True, they're definitely pushing the boundaries with this, but a couple of posters in the background of a scene that will be seen for a couple of seconds is not going to stop me from buying this.
That’s true. I think my initial response was down to my worrying about what they might end up doing with later releases... hopefully, they’ll not do this again.

Ludders

Ludders

Bernard Marx wrote:
Ludders wrote:No dilemma for me. True, they're definitely pushing the boundaries with this, but a couple of posters in the background of a scene that will be seen for a couple of seconds is not going to stop me from buying this.
That’s true. I think my initial response was down to my worrying about what they might end up doing with later releases... hopefully, they’ll not do this again.

The day they start putting new dialogue or extra scenes in, will be the point at which I would not buy a product.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’m also hopeful that these insertions will only be apparent on the animated episodes 1 and 3, given that I’ll only watch the surviving episodes for those as opposed to the animated renditions.

Ludders

Ludders

Exactly.

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Yeah, I'm with Ludders on this. It'd be annoying if NewWho elements were properly incorporated into the narrative (like Scratchman), but given the fact that NewWho couldn't meddle its way in due to already existing footage, and most of the actors passed away (so no dubbing), it's not going to be an issue for me.

Fendelman

Fendelman

At least it's not Missy. It's hard to believe that they think that people actually want this given how unpopular the last season was.

iank

iank

We're also getting some PC revisionism, removing people smoking. Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

"One is Roger Delgado, the first Master, and the other is Sacha Dhawan. Attentive viewers had noticed the first when a clip was released online, but the second comes as a pleasant surprise."

No, it is NOT a "pleasant surprise".

It IS however, a complete and utter fucking cunt.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Rob Filth wrote:
"One is Roger Delgado, the first Master, and the other is Sacha Dhawan. Attentive viewers had noticed the first when a clip was released online, but the second comes as a pleasant surprise."

No, it is NOT a "pleasant surprise".

It IS however, a complete and utter fucking cunt.

+1

iank

iank

They really are just taking the piss now. Can't even get an animation of a 60s story without them cramming some New Poo shit in there. I'm surprised they haven't just re-recorded the whole thing with Pisstaker instead.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

I really don't like the idea of this but it's not going to stop me buying and enjoying this DVD. Isn't there a Magpie Electricals reference in there too? And the words 'Bad Wolf' displayed in The Power Of The Daleks? It's annoying and I really wish they wouldn't spoil past adventures like this, but sadly, to the fans who enjoy both Classic and Nu Who, it's all the same show - there is no dividing line, so they see no reason not to insert these little clips that playfully connect the two eras.

Tossers.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

iank wrote:They really are just taking the piss now. Can't even get an animation of a 60s story without them cramming some New Poo shit in there. I'm surprised they haven't just re-recorded the whole thing with Pisstaker instead.
Don't give 'em ideas otherwise that'll be their next cunts stunt, and we'll end up with Jodies gormless face gurning her way through 12 episodes of The Daleks Masterplan.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Rob Filth wrote:
iank wrote:They really are just taking the piss now. Can't even get an animation of a 60s story without them cramming some New Poo shit in there. I'm surprised they haven't just re-recorded the whole thing with Pisstaker instead.
Don't give 'em ideas otherwise that'll be their next cunts stunt, and we'll end up with Jodies gormless face gurning her way through 12 episodes of The Daleks Masterplan.
I’d dread to imagine what her ruminating on the death of Katerina would be like, or how she’d deliver Hartnell’s hard-hitting final sentiments “What a terrible waste.” I doubt they’d go as far as that, mind, but it’s the main reason why stuff like this does worry me. I’m unsure what they’ll be doing in future or if they’ll make the NuWho insertions increasingly gradual. However, I still plan on getting this.

On another note, given that the animations are now receiving increased budgets and still sell rather well, it’s clear that they don’t rely on NuWho to survive given that most NuWho DVDs and merchandise sell fuck all, and given that it’ll make these types of insertions all the more frequent, just cancel NuWho already. There’s absolutely no reason for it to exist anymore.

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Yes indeed.

I share the unease about this potential desecration since I've absolutely no wish to be reminded of the current series masquerading as 'Doctor Who'. If I decide to purchase a classic series dvd or blu ray to watch, I do so in the comfort that I'll hopefully enjoy it without any contamination from the current series shitfest, no matter how fleeting. Quite simply, if I wanted any such contamination, I might as well subject myself to "New Who" after all - well that just ain't ever going to happen!

Whoever is responsible for making such crass decisions that allow 'New Who' to encroach further, they're really missing the point I think because it does risk seriously affecting future sales when it pisses off the old classic series fans.

REDACTED

From what I've heard. Both him and Delagado have blink and you'll miss it cameos on wanted posters in the background. Not exactly the worst example of Remake Who being shoehorned in but still pretty annoying for the most part. If they'd had them start adding scenes in with them and mangling the original stories narrative then it would be annoying.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Indrid Mercury wrote: If they'd had them start adding scenes in with them and mangling the original stories narrative then it would be annoying.

Give 'em time.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

The Guardian wrote:Cut out the boring bits!

Prick.

The Guardian wrote:A pleasing reference to the latest series of the show.

Twat.

The Guardian wrote:And in this last season "Fugitive of the Judoon" and "The Haunting of Villa Diodati" were absolutely streets ahead of "The Faceless Ones" in terms of script, story, production, everything.

LOL Fuck off.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Guardian sucks.

The Faceless Ones Animation (I'm pissed) Guardi10

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:The Guardian sucks.

My respect for Morrissey has now increased.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Pepsi Maxil wrote:The Guardian sucks.

The Faceless Ones Animation (I'm pissed) Ok_boo10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum