You are not connected. Please login or register

Which story has the best animation

3 posters

Best animation?

Which story has the best animation I_vote_lcap0%Which story has the best animation I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Which story has the best animation I_vote_lcap0%Which story has the best animation I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Which story has the best animation I_vote_lcap14%Which story has the best animation I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Which story has the best animation I_vote_lcap29%Which story has the best animation I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Which story has the best animation I_vote_lcap57%Which story has the best animation I_vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which story has the best animation Empty Which story has the best animation 13th January 2020, 1:40 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I've only seen three of them so far: Ice Warriors, The Invasion, and Shada. I thought all three were well done, but that The Invasion had the highest quality animation. Which is disappointing because it looks like the people that did Invasion didn't do any of the others. I'm not sure which one I'm going to pick up next - I'm leaning towards Power.

2Which story has the best animation Empty Re: Which story has the best animation 13th January 2020, 8:42 pm

iank

iank

I'd say it's a tie between Invasion and Moonbase. The former is still excellent, though the latter is more "close to like".
Ice Warriors and Power are probably my least favourite. Macra was very good indeed.

Unlike some I rather like the very stylised Reign animation; it certainly keeps my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Fendelman

Fendelman

I just watched Moonbase on DVD, the animation was well done - but I still prefer what they did for The Invasion.

I've also seen Power on DVD since I posted in this thread - I liked the animation, but I was disappointed that there was no 4:3 option. I watched both the B&W and the color discs. It was cool to see Troughton in color, but I see it more as an interesting novelty than the way I prefer to see my 60s Who: B&W and 4:3.

They totally goofed the aspect ratio of Shada on the DVD - It's one of my favorite stories, and the animation was great, but it had bars on all 4 sides of the screen.

I ordered Reign of Terror next.

Last edited by Fendelman on 4th May 2020, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

JJ Chambers

JJ Chambers

It's kind of cruelly ironic that Troughton, of all actors, has by far the largest amount of incomplete stories. So many of the subtle facial tics and the eccentricities of his physical performance are lost through the animations, no matter how good they'll ever be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum