The Brigade Leader
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
stengos
Tanmann
Bernard Marx
Pepsi Maxil
12 posters

Best NuWho series opener?

Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_lcap0%Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_lcap7%Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_lcap0%Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_lcap73%Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_rcap 73% [ 11 ]
Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_lcap7%Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_lcap6%Best NuWho series opener? I_vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best NuWho series opener? Empty Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 6:17 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I have a soft spot for The Pilot. I think The Eleventh Hour is objectionably the best episode, though.

2Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 6:21 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The Eleventh Hour, closely followed by the series 6 opener (I seem to be one of the very few here who actually likes it).

The series 8 and 10 openers are just about bearable too, if crap in many places. The rest are bloody awful to varying degrees.

3Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 6:24 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I have a soft spot for Asylum, and so voted that.

4Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 7:57 pm

stengos

stengos

Eleventh Hour.

5Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 8:09 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Eleventh Hour (also the best post-regeneration story). Although I do have a nostalgic soft spot for Smith and Jones for introducing me into Doctor Who, as well as being a good jumping on point.

6Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 8:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Smith and Jones was nice. I remember watching it at the time and loving the chemistry between Freeman and Tennant. It's cool looking back and realizing that the main villain was in The Curse of Fenric.

7Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 8:39 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Eleventh hour.

8Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 9:02 pm

iank

iank

11th Hour, with Impossible Astronaut and The Pilot as runnerups.

All the Davies ones are awful.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 9:03 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

iank wrote:11th Hour, with Impossible Astronaut and The Pilot as runnerups.

Which would you say is worse? New Earth or Partners in Grime? LOL

10Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 9:03 pm

REDACTED

The Eleventh Hour.

11Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 9:04 pm

REDACTED

Bernard Marx wrote:
iank wrote:11th Hour, with Impossible Astronaut and The Pilot as runnerups.

Which would you say is worse? New Earth or Partners in Grime? LOL

I'll throw my two cents in and go with Fartners in Grime.

12Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 15th February 2020, 9:09 pm

iank

iank

I'm going to go with New Earth, since it was the first real knockout punch New Who delivered to me. They're both as bad as each other really though.

13Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 17th February 2020, 1:39 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I may be in the minority here but New Earth, minus Tennant + Rose, has some good stuff in it. I like the cat people and the moral dilemma stuff.

14Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 18th February 2020, 10:01 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Where's Deep Breath?( Not that I want to vote for it, but it did open Series Eight).

I was torn between The Eleventh Hour and The Pilot - The Pilot won.

15Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 18th February 2020, 2:50 pm

Ludders

Ludders

The Eleventh Hour.

16Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 18th February 2020, 3:55 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Curious to ask: Who voted for The Magician’s Apprentice? It’s an...interesting choice to opt for.

17Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 18th February 2020, 8:13 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Bernard Marx wrote:Curious to ask: Who voted for The Magician’s Apprentice? It’s an...interesting choice to opt for.

It wasn't me, Bernie!

Let's put it this way - I remember seeing The Magician's Apprentice and wondering if Death In Heaven was as bad as I remembered...

18Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 18th February 2020, 8:28 pm

iank

iank

TMA is absolute shit.

19Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 18th February 2020, 8:56 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Apart from Mummy On The Orient Express, Flatline & Heaven Sent, most of those Capaldi episodes made such little impact on me that they sort of merge into one. Without checking I couldn't have told you what the Magicians apprentice was all about.
Just checked... oh yeah the one with Davros as a kid, Capaldi riding around in Davros wheelchair and Missy fondling Dalek balls. Hilarious.  Neutral

20Best NuWho series opener? Empty Re: Best NuWho series opener? 30th April 2020, 11:48 am

TheCuomoDoctor

TheCuomoDoctor

Eleventh Hour by far.

Best regeneration episode of the revival era.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum