REDACTED
iank
Ludders
stengos
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
11 posters

Revelation of the Daleks

Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_lcap33%Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 33% [ 4 ]
Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_lcap33%Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 33% [ 4 ]
Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_lcap25%Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 25% [ 3 ]
Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_lcap8%Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_lcap0%Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_lcap0%Rate Revelation of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Rate Revelation of the Daleks 14th February 2020, 11:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

10/10. Absolute classic!

2Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 12:15 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

9/10

I deduct a point because occasionally Saward's sociopathy shows through (re: the bodysnatcher's senseless deaths). But for the most part this is a cherishably strange story, full of exquisite magic moments that almost single-handedly justifies its era.

Indeed it's almost a shame it was only 90 minutes long as I felt it's story could've gone on to be the length of a real space opera about the Daleks' revival.

3Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 1:04 am

stengos

stengos

9/10.
Sayle and Tomasin stop me awarding it 10. Otherwise a classic.

4Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 2:16 am

Ludders

Ludders

8.5/10 Wink

5Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 8:01 am

iank

iank

I tired of it a little last time. Still gave it an 8, but prefer Attack and Two Doctors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 2:44 pm

REDACTED

7Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 2:55 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:10

The same rating I'd give your new profile picture Wink

8Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 2:56 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Either a 9 or 10. My favourite Dalek story. The only thing that I don't like is that I find the DJ to be pretty annoying.

9Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 3:07 pm

Zarius

Zarius

8. Sayle really hurts it, and I'm not too fond of some of the other cast's acting.

10Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 4:17 pm

Eric Saywhaaat?

Eric Saywhaaat?

I invented"Doctor-lite" stories. Why bother showing the exploits of the main character when you can just focus on supporting characters instead? The Doctor and Peri weren't actually going to be in it originally. John forced me to include them.

11Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 8:31 pm

Mott1

Mott1

10. Tomasin never bothers me personally, nor Sayle, and even the Doctors coat was toned down. A unique story even in the unpredictable season 22.

12Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 8:41 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’m giving it the full 10 treatment (although it’s probably really a 9.5/10). It just gets better every time I see it. One of the most atmospheric, intelligent, well-crafted and evocative Who stories of all time, and it’s baffling just how underrated it is within fandom. Even some of the more dodgy guest stars can’t ruin it at all. The dialogue, direction, music and script are all absolutely first class. I wish NuWho could ever be arsed to borrow from literary fiction (in this case, The Loved One by Evelyn Waugh) in the same way, whilst refining the black humour present within that work. I also love how even the more lightweight moments have an air of uncertainty to them, and the surreal nature of much of it.

I’m glad to see how popular it is round here. In fact, season 22 in general seems fairly popular around here, which makes for a nice change from basically everywhere else in fandom.

13Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 8:56 pm

iank

iank

Most people here have at least a degree of taste, unlike basically everywhere else in fandom who are a bunch of brainwashed fucking sheep. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

14Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 9:45 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:Most people here have at least a degree of taste

After some of the replies on the Clara thread I'm not so sure LOL

In all seriousness, fan consensus is almost always wrong.

15Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 9:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I don't mind Sayle. He is a bit of a dickhead for slating Hale and Pace, though. They're funnier than he'll ever be.

16Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 15th February 2020, 10:16 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:fan consensus is almost always wrong.fan consensus is only right when it coincides with what I like.
Wink

17Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 16th February 2020, 12:05 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:fan consensus is almost always wrong.fan consensus is only right when it coincides with what I like.
Wink

You do realize I'm self aware enough to acknowledge that that's the case? Wink

18Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 16th February 2020, 12:08 am

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Wink

You do realize I'm self aware enough to acknowledge that that's the case? Wink  

Hence the wink. Wink

19Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 16th February 2020, 12:25 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I do particularly like the fans who consider the McCoy era to be the most imaginative and compelling era in the show's history. I believe they're called smart fans.

20Rate Revelation of the Daleks Empty Re: Rate Revelation of the Daleks 16th February 2020, 12:28 am

Ludders

Ludders

You forgot to wink. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum