You are not connected. Please login or register

Androzani vs Revelation

+3
stengos
Bernard Marx
Pepsi Maxil
7 posters

Androzani vs Revelation

Androzani vs Revelation I_vote_lcap10%Androzani vs Revelation I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Androzani vs Revelation I_vote_lcap90%Androzani vs Revelation I_vote_rcap 90% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Androzani vs Revelation Empty Androzani vs Revelation 10th February 2020, 10:33 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Which Graeme Harper directed story is your favourite?

I like Revelation a lot more than Androzani. I actually give a shit about the characters and the production design is absolutely lush. The fact that it was only ranked 70th in the 2014 DWM stories poll proves just how out of touch most fans are. No way is Journey's End better.

2Androzani vs Revelation Empty Re: Androzani vs Revelation 10th February 2020, 10:44 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I think both are absolutely phenomenal, so this isn’t exactly an easy decision. The dialogue and characterisation is sublime in both, as is the atmosphere, score, direction and performances. To claim that Journey’s End is superior to Revelation is completely moronic indeed.

I find Caves to be a more visceral and absorbing watch, admittedly (the use of dynamic tracking shots and depth of field is exceptional, as are the cliffhangers to parts 1 and 3, as is Davison’s utterly urgent performance), but Revelation has the most varied characterisation and influence, with the influence of Waugh’s novel “The Loved One” aptly allowing for an injection of deliciously suitable black comedy, and as a script, I find it more fascinating in the long term. Christ, this is not easy to vote for.

I shall abstain for now, I think.

3Androzani vs Revelation Empty Re: Androzani vs Revelation 10th February 2020, 11:08 am

stengos

stengos

Both are near the top of myfavourites list but Androzani is my favourite. Harper's moody direction was brilliant in both of them.

Yes Androzani has the embarrassment of the Magma Pratt and John Normington's asides to camera, but Revelation has the rather poor Jenny Tomasin, Alexei Sayle (whose constant interjections were mood destroying) and Daleks whose higher toned voices sounded too Zippy-like to me.

As i say, i like both very much. At the time of Revelation i was punching the air shouting "Huzzaaahhh" refusing to eat my Baked Beans on toast 'coz i was a Dalek, my Dad couldn't make me do anything and i was gonna rule the universe. Doctor Who had never been better and next year we were off to Blackpool. Yay!

And then it all went tits up. Ah well.

4Androzani vs Revelation Empty Re: Androzani vs Revelation 10th February 2020, 12:29 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Objectively,, Caves is the better of the two, but personal preference dictates a vote for Revelation.

5Androzani vs Revelation Empty Re: Androzani vs Revelation 10th February 2020, 3:33 pm

REDACTED

I love both of them but I'm gonna settle on Revelation as it seems to be quite underrated in the sense that most people in mainstream fandom I've encountered either forgets about it or automatically think it's shit because Colin Baker's in it....

6Androzani vs Revelation Empty Re: Androzani vs Revelation 10th February 2020, 3:52 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Technically I think Androzani is the better, stronger story.

But Revelation has the more favourite magic moments for me.

7Androzani vs Revelation Empty Re: Androzani vs Revelation 10th February 2020, 10:15 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

At times I find Revelation hard to deal with because it so easily flips back and forth between having a very light tone to a very heavy one. But Caves is just fucking boring, so Revelation wins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum