You are not connected. Please login or register

Resurrection of the Daleks

How would you rate Resurrection of the Daleks?

Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_lcap10%Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_lcap10%Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_lcap30%Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_lcap20%Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_lcap20%Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_lcap0%Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_lcap0%Resurrection of the Daleks I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Resurrection of the Daleks on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 12:47 pm

Bernard Marx

I’ve noticed that this story seems to be rather divisive round these parts, so I thought I’d do a poll on it to assert what the general consensus truly is.

2Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Re: Resurrection of the Daleks on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 1:01 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
I veered between below average and piss poor and erred on the safe side by voting the former.

The thing is, I can watch it through easier than most Davison stories, there are some good scenes in there and the story does have a lot going for it. I think on balance there's enough stuff I like in between the stuff that makes me cringe and curl under.

And I could certainly never rate it as low as Series 11. There's only one classic story I reserve that rating for.

3Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Re: Resurrection of the Daleks on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 1:40 pm

stengos

stengos
Rather good I think.

I fully recognise Bernard and Tanmann's objections to the story and some i do see my self to a degree (poor acting, the late introduction of the plot to attack the High Council of the Timelords) but on the whole i think its an entertaining action story which uses the daleks well and presents them as a serious threat, ruthless and really quite murderous in their efforts to achieve their aims. Much better than Planet, Death and Destiny. Revelation got me really enthused about the daleks for the first time in years. Destiny just bored me. With the sole exception of Revelation, Molloy was never used better as Davros in the tv series.

Robert and Tanmann's discussions about this story in another thread have been really interesting even if they run contrary to my own opinions. Long may they continue.

4Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Re: Resurrection of the Daleks on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 2:25 pm

Ronnie

Ronnie
Fairly good.

5Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Re: Resurrection of the Daleks on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 3:22 pm

Bernard Marx

Upon further consideration, I’d go for somewhere between nothing special and below average, though aspects of the narrative structure and plotting are truly piss poor. I’ll go for below average due to how many writing issues it has.

It’s also relatively well directed at times, though, and has the occasional very good scene.

Last edited by Bernard Marx on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Re: Resurrection of the Daleks on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 10:10 pm

iank

iank
I think it's crap. Well made, but crap. It pisses me off royally that this tends to get a free pass from mainstream fandom, who then turn around and shit all over Attack despite the latter being vastly superior in every department.

7Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Re: Resurrection of the Daleks on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 7:28 pm

Mercury

Mercury
I feel like in the right frame of mind, it can be enjoyed as an mindless action romp, yet at the same time as with Warriors,  it feels like just another Earthshock clone and it does tend to leave one feeling hollow after watching it.

I would take it over most of the NuWho Dalek stories with the exception of Dalek.

Last edited by Mercury on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

8Resurrection of the Daleks Empty Re: Resurrection of the Daleks on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 7:33 pm

Calvin Klein

Calvin Klein
Doesn't hold a candle to Howdy Doody.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum