Bernard Marx
Boofer
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 32]

726Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 10th March 2020, 10:32 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Curious that the confirmation in the likes of The Sun about the resurrected, decaying series' worst ever ratings is buried away in a tiny article on page 3. Typical hypocrisy from the paper that makes out how 'anti-woke' it is.

I don't remember the old show getting that kid gloves treatment when it was getting suspended and threatened with the chop!

Last edited by Mott1 on 10th March 2020, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

727Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 10th March 2020, 10:45 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

728Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 11th March 2020, 2:51 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

729Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 11th March 2020, 9:14 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

"Greel, greel listen! Greel listen!"

Hilariously desperate attempts to defend a dying brand. It seems even among New Who youtube fanboys, like Council of Geeks this is getting a roasting.

Shilbee is the only man standing now and I bet he wishes he wasn't.

730Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 11th March 2020, 9:06 pm

iank

iank

Bit of an odd use of the word "man" there. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

731Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 12th March 2020, 10:27 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Bit of an odd use of the word "man" there. Big Grin  

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

A castrated fan of a castrated hero.

732Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 12th March 2020, 11:46 am

Zarius

Zarius

burrunjor wrote:Shilbee is the only man standing now and I bet he wishes he wasn't.

There's also that naive 'Pikacinema' tosser you find on every Jodie era Youtube comment page too. He must be an eight year old from the way he posts, or has the arrested development of one.

733Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 12th March 2020, 12:42 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Zarius wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Shilbee is the only man standing now and I bet he wishes he wasn't.

There's also that naive 'Pikacinema' tosser you find on every Jodie era Youtube comment page too. He must be an eight year old from the way he posts, or has the arrested development of one.
That's an insult to 8 year olds. If I recall, wasn't he called Xenochu before, and did a lot of shady shit before being in the Who community? May not be him, but you never know. Here's the document explaining the shady stuff that he did.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T03wbj0XSpUb6ZVFuMbXWJNNFUq0t9oQyZBsNfTE8lM/mobilebasic

734Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 12th March 2020, 7:41 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

735Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 13th March 2020, 7:58 am

Zarius

Zarius

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
Zarius wrote:

That's an insult to 8 year olds. If I recall, wasn't he called Xenochu before, and did a lot of shady shit before being in the Who community? May not be him, but you never know. Here's the document explaining the shady stuff that he did.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T03wbj0XSpUb6ZVFuMbXWJNNFUq0t9oQyZBsNfTE8lM/mobilebasic

Holy moses, I didn't know any of that...i always knew there was something 'off' about him. Thanks for sharing.

736Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 13th March 2020, 6:36 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Briggs:

COMING SOON FROM BIG FINISH.....“All I can tell you is when the caption came up at the end of the last episode saying it was Revolution of the Daleks that was news to me, because when I read it it just had a code number on it so I didn’t know what it was called. But it is a very apposite title. It fits perfectly – but not in the way that you’d think. I can see why they’ve called it that.” BIG FINISH. WE LOVE SHILLING.

https://cultbox.co.uk/news/dalek-voice-actor-hints-at-clues-in-doctor-who-festive-special-title

737Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 14th March 2020, 2:46 pm

Greywoolfe

Greywoolfe

Whelp- I'm rather glad that I stopped watching this shit over a year ago- this vid made me lol...

738Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 14th March 2020, 7:12 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Greywoolfe wrote:

Whelp- I'm rather glad that I stopped watching this shit over a year ago- this vid made me lol...
That is well funny!

"The Doctor impersonator", "The ReTARDIS", "The Fam" etc. 

"Why does nothing in his show make any fucking sense EVER?" 

I haven't watched this crock of shite, but the review is well funny.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

739Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 15th March 2020, 12:51 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

740Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 16th March 2020, 7:12 pm

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

I've got an in universe theory to explain why new who is so shit.

The Time War was puppet mastered and won by the Black Guardian. The conflict granted him a huge boost in power that allowed him to take control of the whole universe. He intentionally spared the Doctor to be his play thing, to trap him in endless, terrible adventures until he became a twisted version of himself.

741Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 18th March 2020, 11:29 am

Zarius

Zarius

Channel Pup posted an unlisted video mocking Noel of TARDIS Zone's emotional breakdown over the "Timeless Children"..most strange considering Pup himself doesn't like what was revealed in it. Supposedly he did this because he didn't like how Noel targeted 16 year old fans and accused them of being 'snowflakes', only to turn around and throw a tantrum at Chibs for this.

742Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 20th March 2020, 2:52 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

743Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 26th March 2020, 11:12 am

Zarius

Zarius

744Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 26th March 2020, 11:42 am

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Zarius wrote:
Decent enough video. Here's some of the things that are kinda misinformed. First off, the Sonic movie was not 'fixed' due to 'fan entitlement'. It was fixed because a lot of people, even the animators (it was the higher ups that wanted the first design) did not want the design and voiced their concerns (for the record, the studio shutting down has nothing to do with the redesign for Sonic). So, having this mindset that Sonic fans were self-entitled for voicing legitimate concerns (and trust me, Sonic fans can be really whiny) feels wrong.

I have highlighted something though in my comment in the video. For the record, this isn't me choosing a side, it's just something that I noticed in my YouTube algorithm:
'As weird as it is, whether it is legitimate criticism, negativity will always garner more attention than positivity. This isn't me agreeing or disagreeing with sides. It isn't just Doctor Who, IPs like Steven Universe (god I hate how bad the negativity and bad faith is with this one specifically), Star Trek, Sonic The Hedgehog, their 'criticisms' will always get more views, and people are going to be more swoon over it.'

745Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 26th March 2020, 8:54 pm

iank

iank

There is no such thing as fan entitlement. Fans are customers. Customers are entitled to a good product if the people who make that product expect their continued support, patronage and money.
A fan who does not like the way something they used to like is going has every right to criticize, and if those criticisms are not addressed, every right to walk away.
It seems to me it's the hacks running shit these days who are entitled, as they seem to believe they're entitled to fan support and cash no matter what shite they spew out.

746Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 3rd April 2020, 7:08 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Well. After a year away from the forum and not having watched any Doctor Who newer than 1976, I have returned. Smile

The finale of nuWho series 12 remains unwatched as does all of the female spinoff version and most of Capaldi. Nothing to interest me. What has interested me is having a look on GalBas to see how authoritarian and shrill it has become. It used to be full blown Happiness Patrol but it's more like The Village now.

This finale and its inevitable grand mal seizure of wokeness has set the bar incredibly low for the "festive" "special" and the putative series 13, but I don't think the show will continue to be honest. It's one of the pet projects of the BBC luvvies but despite that the country is in paroxysms and BBC is now more out of step than it has ever been. In that environment, where the once "crank" or liminal view that the license fee should be scrapped is now mainstream and probably a foregone conclusion, BBC will never compromise. They will double down.

The creeping infection of nuWho political content into classic Who is a cultural crime. Restoration of lost episodes, animations and so on need to respect authorial intent.

As for Big Finish, it has also reached the end of its life cycle. It's so very tired, and shilling the nuWho wokefest stuff will hasten its end.

"Cheers,

Jon Blum" etc.

747Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 3rd April 2020, 1:26 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

TheTimeTraveller wrote:Well. After a year away from the forum and not having watched any Doctor Who newer than 1976, I have returned. Smile

The finale of nuWho series 12 remains unwatched as does all of the female spinoff version and most of Capaldi. Nothing to interest me. What has interested me is having a look on GalBas to see how authoritarian and shrill it has become. It used to be full blown Happiness Patrol but it's more like The Village now.

This finale and its inevitable grand mal seizure of wokeness has set the bar incredibly low for the "festive" "special" and the putative series 13, but I don't think the show will continue to be honest. It's one of the pet projects of the BBC luvvies but despite that the country is in paroxysms and BBC is now more out of step than it has ever been. In that environment, where the once "crank" or liminal view that the license fee should be scrapped is now mainstream and probably a foregone conclusion, BBC will never compromise. They will double down.

The creeping infection of nuWho political content into classic Who is a cultural crime. Restoration of lost episodes, animations and so on need to respect authorial intent.

As for Big Finish, it has also reached the end of its life cycle. It's so very tired, and shilling the nuWho wokefest stuff will hasten its end.

"Cheers,

Jon Blum" etc.

Jon Blum more or less accused me of being a sheep shagger. It was in an endless debate about why the "all change is good" argument is shit as you can justify anything that way.

As a joke I said I could have a Doctor punch squirrels and shag sheep and eat people and they'd have to say it was great as hey it was a change. So Blum took that to mean that I only find sheep shagging objectionable if it deviates from canon.

It reminded me of that bit from Alan Partridge. "Oi fuck off ya dick, you call me a sheep shagger, you're the one going on about it. I bet you like to shag sheep, I bet you rest your balls against the Sheep. I bet you keep Sheep magazines under your bed."

Another named Culfy also accused me of being okay with Christopher Eccelston raping and torturing Billie Piper, whilst another screamed at me that Doctor Who deserves better fans than me!

The thread was eventually stopped by a woman with a signature that said "Be Kind"

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

748Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 3rd April 2020, 10:16 pm

iank

iank

Why even bother?
These people are utter wastes of oxygen.

749Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 4th April 2020, 3:50 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

iank wrote:Why even bother?
These people are utter wastes of oxygen.

I wanted to revisit Galbas purely to wallow in their COPE and I was not disappointed.
They now remove or lock any Disdain thread on the flimsiest of pretext. Glorious.

750Series 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 12 4th April 2020, 11:32 am

Mott1

Mott1

If Doctor Who is all about change, according to Jon Blum, why can't he change back into a William Hartnell type (the original white male version - gasp!) and the show change accordingly too? Or into season 18 of Tru Who with the more serious Tom Baker? Either would be about as big a change from where we are now as it's possible to get.

Anyone who still thinks all change is good needs to google the phrase 'jumped the shark')!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum