The Grand Master

Cool! I'll check it out on YouTube.

204Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 29th January 2020, 5:41 pm

Doctor7

Ok sounds good pal

205Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 29th January 2020, 11:48 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I just found a secret behind-the-scenes photo of a meeting for writers of series 12! It's all beginning to make sense now...
Series 12 - Page 9 Daleks10

206Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 11:00 am

Zarius

Zarius

207Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 11:26 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:Wow, even Levine liked the episode

https://twitter.com/WhoMinusContext/status/1222508146532540417

Its photoshopped. On his twitter page there is nothing about DW.

208Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 11:31 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
Zarius wrote:Wow, even Levine liked the episode

https://twitter.com/WhoMinusContext/status/1222508146532540417

Its photoshopped. On his twitter page there is nothing about DW.

I think that's his FB page.

209Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 12:03 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Some new stuff did drop on Gallifrey Base last night, from the same source that leaked out Ruth's reveal and that she was pre-hartnell. Take all with a grain of salt because this user is actually using an alternate account from the one he used last time (he changed his password and location and accidentally locked his original account out of the forum)

-An actor (either Paddy or Patrick O 'Kane) is playing the 'Cyber Zealot

-There will be more information on the Cyber Wars (first mentioned in Nightmare in Silver), in episodes nine and ten. The element Cyberium was the cause of most of the conflict

-Ruth is the timeless child

-The Timeless Child, and by extension The Doctor, is not native to Gallifrey, she was brought there by a character called Tectian

-The Timeless Child has endless regenerative capability, which is extracted from her by the Time Lords.

-Actor Ian McElhinney is playing a rebel who is fighting the Cybermen

210Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 12:07 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bring back Zaroff! He didn't really drown.

211Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 6:32 pm

Bill

Blimey. We might as well join in. The Timeless Child was The Watcher, who killed The Doctor in Logopolis.

212Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 9:44 pm

stengos

stengos

Bill wrote:Blimey. We might as well join in. The Timeless Child was The Watcher, who killed The Doctor in Logopolis.

... i fuckin' hope not ...

213Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 10:08 pm

Bill

Just joking. Might as well join the parody.

The Timeless Child is Squeak from Survival, keeping an eye on The Master.
The Timeless Child is out to get Sam Seeley, the man who told a woman to get him some grub.
Then Ollis from The Three Doctors will suffer for daring to say “Supper ready?”
The Timeless Child will then reveal she is Jackie Tyler’s baby mentioned in Doomsday, so The Doctor’s mum is Jackie. So The Doctor lusted after Rose, his / her own half sister...!
Anything might as well happen now, it’s all beyond ridiculous.

Last edited by Bill on 30th January 2020, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

214Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 10:12 pm

stengos

stengos

Bill wrote:Just joking. Might as well join the parody.

... you had me going there.

215Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 30th January 2020, 10:24 pm

Mott1

Mott1

If Ruth is The Timeless Child (whatever that is) maybe she's that dopey kid from Fear Her, all grown up?

216Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 10:47 am

Zarius

Zarius

Uh oh, the hype is back for Praxeus now

https://twitter.com/morganjeffery/status/1223020557937119233?s=20

I think this is more a case of it being a passable story with light arc touches, just so people can settle after the info-dump of last week.

217Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 12:02 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

He works for Radio Times. His opinion is completely worthless to me.

218Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 12:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"To everyone who is moaning about last night's #DoctorWho "disrespecting canon" you are just embarrassing yourselves. The show has no canon. It's frequently taken what you know and tossed it in the bin to make way for new things. That's how a show lasts for over 50 years."

No.

https://twitter.com/DaveJProbert/status/1221749256471613441

219Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 12:42 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:"To everyone who is moaning about last night's #DoctorWho "disrespecting canon" you are just embarrassing yourselves. The show has no canon. It's frequently taken what you know and tossed it in the bin to make way for new things. That's how a show lasts for over 50 years."

No.

The mantra of all self loathing fanboys.

I tried to respond and I saw that I am blocked by this guy. LMAO I've never even had any interactions with, or heard of him before. I guess we're famous boys. Big Grin

220Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 1:35 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:"To everyone who is moaning about last night's #DoctorWho "disrespecting canon" you are just embarrassing yourselves. The show has no canon. It's frequently taken what you know and tossed it in the bin to make way for new things. That's how a show lasts for over 50 years."

No.

*sigh*. Once again, they continue to completely miss the bloody point. There have been continuity errors before in TruWho, yes, but they never actively invalidated and changed the lore of the character with no narrative purpose whatsoever. And I have to agree with burrunjor’s sentiments on another thread concerning The Deadly Assassin (which the guy also references beneath that tweet). It doesn’t retroactively contradict canon so much as present a scenario we hadn’t seen before, and as stated by Holmes, was entirely plausible based on the previous actions of the Time Lords. We just weren’t showcased more of Time Lord society in stories prior, and their abject detachment and brutality displayed in The War Games, coupled with the antagonism they displayed towards Pertwee’s Doctor during his era, ultimately suggests that Time Lord society isn’t exactly a benevolent one.

And concerning the Morbius incarnations (which people seem to be bringing up)- it is never stated on screen as to whether the faces we see on screen are The Doctor’s incarnations (hell, I re-watched Morbius months ago with a friend, who immediately concluded that the incarnations were that of Morbius). In The Three Doctors, the Time Lords even request that the “earliest Doctor” be shown on screen, and the figure of Hartnell ultimately emerges, providing further clout to the notion that said incarnations are indeed Morbius’.

And yes- disregarding narrative rules, logistics and canon can certainly be classified as bad writing. These people clearly aren’t aware of something Aristotle once said about the nature of tragedy and storytelling, who, in “poetics”, places heavy emphasis on “verisimilitude” and “consistency”- the latter playing a vital element in the construction of a narrative or plot (it should also be noted that Aristotle fundamentally disliked the “Deus Ex Machina” device in fiction due to its potential shattering of both features previously mentioned, something the NuWho writers have often abused in so many stories).

If the narrative, and thus the audience, loses grasp of these features, they will likely lose investment due to the shattering of suspension of disbelief, and the shattering of established rules and canon is no different. They seem to be propagating the idea that writing doesn’t matter, and that anyone can churn anything out regardless of whether it makes the slightest bit of sense, or is inherently contradictory- in which case, why bother studying the art of writing or literature at all? Why put any consideration into what is being written? It’s a completely reductionist perspective with no thought put into it whatsoever, and it frankly baffles me completely.

221Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 2:13 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:

No.

*sigh*. Once again, they continue to completely miss the bloody point. There have been continuity errors before in TruWho, yes, but they never actively invalidated and changed the lore of the character with no narrative purpose whatsoever. And I have to agree with burrunjor’s sentiments on another thread concerning The Deadly Assassin (which the guy also references beneath that tweet). It doesn’t retroactively contradict canon so much as present a scenario we hadn’t seen before, and as stated by Holmes, was entirely plausible based on the previous actions of the Time Lords. We just weren’t showcased more of Time Lord society in stories prior, and their abject detachment and brutality displayed in The War Games, coupled with the antagonism they displayed towards Pertwee’s Doctor during his era, ultimately suggests that Time Lord society isn’t exactly a benevolent one.

And concerning the Morbius incarnations (which people seem to be bringing up)- it is never stated on screen as to whether the faces we see on screen are The Doctor’s incarnations (hell, I re-watched Morbius months ago with a friend, who immediately concluded that the incarnations were that of Morbius). In The Three Doctors, the Time Lords even request that the “earliest Doctor” be shown on screen, and the figure of Hartnell ultimately emerges, providing further clout to the notion that said incarnations are indeed Morbius’.

And yes- disregarding narrative rules, logistics and canon can certainly be classified as bad writing. These people clearly aren’t aware of something Aristotle once said about the nature of tragedy and storytelling, who, in “poetics”, places heavy emphasis on “verisimilitude” and “consistency”- the latter playing a vital element in the construction of a narrative or plot (it should also be noted that Aristotle fundamentally disliked the “Deus Ex Machina” device in fiction due to its potential shattering of both features previously mentioned, something the NuWho writers have often abused in so many stories).

If the narrative, and thus the audience, loses grasp of these features, they will likely lose investment due to the shattering of suspension of disbelief, and the shattering of established rules and canon is no different. They seem to be propagating the idea that writing doesn’t matter, and that anyone can churn anything out regardless of whether it makes the slightest bit of sense, or is inherently contradictory- in which case, why bother studying the art of writing or literature at all? Why put any consideration into what is being written?  It’s a completely reductionist perspective with no thought put into it whatsoever, and it frankly baffles me completely.

Thank you. Thank god for this site at times. Its such an obviously stupid way to write a story, to throw out all contiuity and constants.

The only works of fiction that do it are comedy series like The Goodies, The Young Ones, Bottom and The Mighty Boosh. In all of those shows the main characters suffer violent, horrible deaths in various episodes, only to show up perfectly fine the next week. Difference is, unlike New Who, they do that as a source of humour!

222Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 2:21 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

burrunjor wrote:

Thank you. Thank god for this site at times. Its such an obviously stupid way to write a story, to throw out all contiuity and constants.

The only works of fiction that do it are comedy series like The Goodies, The Young Ones, Bottom and The Mighty Boosh. In all of those shows the main characters suffer violent, horrible deaths in various episodes, only to show up perfectly fine the next week. Difference is, unlike New Who, they do that as a source of humour!
Well, NuWho has often been hilarious. Albeit on a much more infantile and unintentional level than any of the programmes you mention.

223Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 5:06 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"It's frequently taken what you know and tossed it in the bin to make way for new things."

Fans weren't say that during the UNIT dating controversy. Why the change of heart?

224Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 5:17 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:"It's frequently taken what you know and tossed it in the bin to make way for new things."

Fans weren't say that during the UNIT dating controversy. Why the change of heart?

Probably because the show got cancelled, and fingers pointed to Ian Levine's influence being part of the reason why.

In that light fans like the guy on twitter felt compelled to insist that having a show with bad continuity/UNIT dating was better than not having a show at all. And they were insistent about herding others to acknowledge the same and clamp down hard on dissenters who didn't even know they were breaking a rule by expressing their desire for a consistent canon.

Even now they're still doing it even whilst the show is sinking.

225Series 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2020, 5:34 pm

Zarius

Zarius

So a doctored interview with Chibs was shared on twitter, it's fake, but it accuses Bowlstrek of inappropriately touching an animal.

I went over to GB and found them laughing themselves about it.

https://twitter.com/RiftFlicks028/status/1223273706903961605

Noel of TARDIS Zone is also being targeted by people accusing him of kiddy-fiddling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum