You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Grimwade Script

+3
Tanmann
Fendelman
REDACTED
7 posters

Grimwade Scripts?

Favorite Grimwade Script I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Grimwade Script I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Favorite Grimwade Script I_vote_lcap56%Favorite Grimwade Script I_vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
Favorite Grimwade Script I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Grimwade Script I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Favorite Grimwade Script 30th January 2020, 10:18 pm

REDACTED

Which of Peter Grimwade's three contributions to the Davison era gets your vote?

I'll settle on Mawdryn. The least dull one.

2Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 30th January 2020, 10:21 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Time-Flight

3Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 30th January 2020, 10:24 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Planet of Fire.

Writing the show really wasn't his best forte.

As a director, he was incredibly sharp and had great vision. I've often said he was probably the best 1980's producer the show never had. But it all seemed to go a bit tits up when he got behind the typewriter.

4Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 30th January 2020, 10:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mawdryn.

5Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 30th January 2020, 11:20 pm

iank

iank

Definitely Mawdryn.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 30th January 2020, 11:25 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Mawdryn, by a country mile.

7Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 30th January 2020, 11:37 pm

stengos

stengos

Its either Mawdryn or Fire for me. I opted for Fire in the end.

I don't remember much about Timeflight. I don't think i have seen it since 1982.

8Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 31st January 2020, 6:03 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Mawdryn is far too depressing for me to consider entertaining.

Time-Flight I can't see as anything but the show's absolute shark-jumping point.

9Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 31st January 2020, 6:28 pm

REDACTED

Tanmann wrote:Mawdryn is far too depressing for me to consider entertaining..

It's not a classic by any means but I'd say it's the least dull and most inspired of the three. Time Flight's just a 100 minute Concorde commercial and Planet Of Fire is another generic tick box affair which happens to benefit from nice location shooting.

Personally I thought it did a decent job at balancing the darker side plot of Mawdryn with the warmness and nostalgia of seeing the Brig again and a couple moments of Mark Strickson's OTT acting being unintentionally comic.

Terminus sounds more accurate to the too depressing description IMO.

10Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 31st January 2020, 6:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:

It's not a classic by any means but I'd say it's the least dull and most inspired of the three. Time Flight's just a 100 minute Concorde commercial and Planet Of Fire is another generic tick box affair which happens to benefit from nice location shooting.

Personally I thought it did a decent job at balancing the darker side plot of Mawdryn with the warmness and nostalgia of seeing the Brig again and a couple moments of Mark Strickson's OTT acting being unintentionally comic.

His friend Hippo was a right pain in the arse.

11Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 31st January 2020, 6:32 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

It's bad enough Mark Strickson barely looked like a schoolboy.

Hippo looks like he's been held back for 10 bloody years!

12Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 31st January 2020, 6:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

LOL

He certainly hadn't held back from scoffing down all those pies.

13Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 31st January 2020, 6:36 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

LOL

He certainly hadn't held back from scoffing down all those pies.

LOL

14Favorite Grimwade Script Empty Re: Favorite Grimwade Script 31st January 2020, 7:34 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:

Well, at least in Terminus it ended with some hope of the disease being proved curable. In Mawdryn Undead the only cure is death and euthanasing them all. For me that's far bleaker.

I don't know. For me, for some reason it lacked enough of the escapist charm that kept Dalek Invasion of Earth or Brain of Morbius from feeling too morbid to enjoy.

At least that's how I remember feeling about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum