You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Johnny Byrne Script

+3
Pepsi Maxil
Boofer
REDACTED
7 posters

Byrne's scripts

Favorite Johnny Byrne Script I_vote_lcap86%Favorite Johnny Byrne Script I_vote_rcap 86% [ 6 ]
Favorite Johnny Byrne Script I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Johnny Byrne Script I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Favorite Johnny Byrne Script I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Johnny Byrne Script I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 1st February 2020, 8:27 pm

REDACTED

I'll settle on Traken. Quite underrated in my opinion.

2Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Re: Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 1st February 2020, 8:36 pm

Boofer

Boofer

All Creatures Great and Small - Promises to Keep.

3Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Re: Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 1st February 2020, 8:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Keeper Of Traken. It IS a classic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

4Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Re: Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 1st February 2020, 8:39 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The Keeper of Traken (and I suspect the hand of Bidmead in it being a cut above.)

The other two are grot of the highest order, though I will say Arc comes close to redeeming itself in its final ten minutes.

5Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Re: Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 1st February 2020, 8:48 pm

stengos

stengos

The Keeper of Traken.

Excellent little story which worked well as a reintroduction of the Master and intro of Nyssa. Very well acted in the main especially on the part of Sheila Ruskin, Anthony Ainley, Geoffrey Beavers and Sutton. Baker was also excellent.The only thing that dragged it down a bit for me was Waterhouse.

6Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Re: Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 2nd February 2020, 12:03 am

Ludders

Ludders

Traken

7Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Re: Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 2nd February 2020, 12:18 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

Keeper of Traken

I like Arc of Infinity overall, but I think the scenes on Earth tend to drag on a bit. I wonder if it would have worked better as a 2-parter?

8Favorite Johnny Byrne Script Empty Re: Favorite Johnny Byrne Script 2nd February 2020, 9:52 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Fendelman wrote:Keeper of Traken

I like Arc of Infinity overall, but I think the scenes on Earth tend to drag on a bit. I wonder if it would have worked better as a 2-parter?

I think generally Byrne's Davison stories feel like Space 1999 episodes that have been padded and dragged out twice their natural 45 minute length. At that short length they'd probably be snappy and punchy enough. Twice that length, they become unsustainable, and exposed as a bit hollow, pretentious and shallow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum