Good Modern Sitcoms?

+2
stengos
REDACTED
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Good Modern Sitcoms? 24th September 2019, 11:05 pm

REDACTED

Name pretty much anything from 2000 onwards that is actually good.

2Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 24th September 2019, 11:12 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Drake & Josh.

3Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 24th September 2019, 11:30 pm

iank

iank

Some 90s shows carried on into the 2000s like Friends and That 70s Show, but starting in the 2000s?
I can't think of any, honestly. The genre is dead, murdered by PCitis and the uber-cheapness of reality television.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 25th September 2019, 4:45 am

stengos

stengos

I have liked the following:

Black Books by Dylan Moran and Graham Linehan.
The IT Crowd by Graham Linehan
Peep Show (with Mitchell & Webb).
Back (with Mitchell and Webb). I am looking forward to series 2 if they ever decide to do it.
Outnumbered with Claire Skinner and Hugh Dennis.
30 Rock (with Tina Fey). Very Good example of a female led comedy which just tries to make you laugh, doesn't get bogged down with sexual politics and doesn't focus almost exclusively on vagina gags. Plus i fancy Tina Fey.
Scrubs. Up to around season 6. After that its just shit.
Community. American comedy that focuses on mature students in an American Community College.
Everybody Loves Raymond. Patricia Heaton is hot but i dont care much for her politics.
The Big Bang Theory series 1 to 4. After that its shit.
Coupling by some bloke called Steven Moffat. Dunno what he is doing now although i hear he has since changed his name by deed poll to Mofftwat. Only series 1 to 3. After that its shit.
The Office (UK) by Ricky Gervais. I know its not popular round here but i quite like it.
Extras by Ricky Gervais. Its a bit hit and miss - some episodes work but others don't.
Afterlife by Ricky Gervais. A 2018 Netflix comedy.
Arrested Development. Series 1 to 3 are good. I don't know about series 4.
Toast of London with Matt Berry.
Garth Merenghi's Dark Place (with Matt Berry, Matt Holness and Richard Ayoade).

5Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 25th September 2019, 9:07 am

iank

iank

Everybody Loves Raymond started in the mid 90s. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 25th September 2019, 9:11 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Everybody Hates Chris was pretty good.

The 80s was the golden age for sitcoms. The 00s had a handful of decent ones , but I'm not sure about today.

7Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 25th September 2019, 12:33 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is pretty good.

8Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 25th September 2019, 12:45 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

There's surprisingly a lot of modern sitcoms that I love:
The Goldbergs
Parks and Recreation
How I Met Your Mother (barring the last Season which was horseshit)
Scrubs (barring the last Season which was horseshit)
Malcolm In the Middle
Everybody Hates Chris
Community
Modern Family (although I did stop by the 8th Season as I thought it had overgrown it's welcome)
Regular Show
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Futurama
The Thick of It
Bob's Burgers
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Spaced
Boy Meets World
Hey Arnold
Johnny Bravo

9Good Modern Sitcoms? Empty Re: Good Modern Sitcoms? 25th September 2019, 5:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

John Cleese's recent BBC sitcom "Hold the Sunset" was quite lovely. Very old fashioned with no PC elements injected into it. Most seemed to dislike it for some reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum