The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

How good is Blake's 7?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How good is Blake's 7? on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Proper intelligent show with some incredibly witty dialogue and engaging story arcs. I prefer the later seasons with Avon in command of the Liberator and Scorpio although series 1 and 2 had the awesome "Travis vs Blake" stuff that kept me on the edge of my seat.

A series not afraid to show the consequences of violence and foolishness. Constant lapses of judgement and the inability to trust one another lead the crew into real danger on many occasions. With some talented writers, scores by the late Dudley Simpson and fairly good acting from the main stars make Blake's 7 a science fiction classic that everyone should give a go.

View user profile

2 Re: How good is Blake's 7? on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm

I'm grateful we had the series. I rolled with the punches when comedians would take pot shots at the show.
Not really listened to Big Finish but then I don't really like what they're doing but a couple of other thousand do.
We clearly won't see it's like again. But if people can't see past the costumes etc, then shows like The Orville are tailor made for people like that!

View user profile

3 Re: How good is Blake's 7? on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Love Blake's 7. It was a favourite show of mine growing up and Avon is a brilliant character.

View user profile

4 Re: How good is Blake's 7? on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:56 pm

@burrunjor wrote:Love Blake's 7. It was a favourite show of mine growing up and Avon is a brilliant character.

He sure is. My favourites were Tarrant and Soolin. I remember you saying you liked Cally quite a bit as well.

Blake, Sand, Sarcophagus (which I think you rated quite highly when we originally spoke the about the show) Duel, Terminal and Gambit are my favourite episodes.

View user profile

5 Re: How good is Blake's 7? on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm

I prefer Sand over Sarcophagus. Tanith Lee is highly rated but I think neither were her best. Blakes 7 is seriously underrated and forgotten about. It's a fucking crime!

View user profile

6 Re: How good is Blake's 7? on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 pm

One of the things that annoys me about Gareth Thomas leaving because he was getting teased by his Royal Shakespeare mates is that he did Star Maidens, FFS!

View user profile

7 Re: How good is Blake's 7? on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:I prefer Sand over Sarcophagus. Tanith Lee is highly rated but I think neither were her best. Blakes 7 is seriously underrated and forgotten about. It's a fucking crime!

Many people do. I think both are underrated and unique. Both episodes are superbly directed also. Yeah, and the people that do have vague memories of it trash it completely. It all holds up remarkably well and, unlike most shows, never really went downhill. It started out strong and ended even stronger.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum