Arthur Stengos
Kaijuko
Rawkuss
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
stengos
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Best 80s Dalek story?

Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80s Dalek story 3rd October 2019, 9:50 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

iank wrote:Why would Remembrance need a defence? Seal's just being a trolling cunt.
If Remembrance is crap, then all of Who is, because you can rip every bit of it to pieces if you're so inclined.
But that's just the behaviour of tossers. Big Grin
Pretty much. I was mainly acknowledging how the flaws he points out are much more applicable to Resurrection than they are Remembrance. LOL

27Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80s Dalek story 4th October 2019, 1:00 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I would say the racism angle of Remembrance grew organically enough out of the story, and the setting, and with a touch of cruel irony of how the human fascist characters end up finally realizing that their Dalek allies always considered them just as racially inferior.

I'm not sure it came off as preachy. There are moments where Mike sounds a sympathetic voice of working class frustrations and anxieties, and Ratcliffe does make a point of having been a free speech martyr, imprisoned by the state. I personally found it prompted questions more than a sense of being lectured.

28Best 80s Dalek story - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80s Dalek story 4th October 2019, 2:37 pm

REDACTED

Remembrance Of The Daleks won me back to the show in 1988 after The Leisure Hive chased me off back in 1980.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum