Best Hartnell Dalek Story

+4
Pepsi Maxil
Bernard Marx
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
REDACTED
8 posters

WAFFLE

Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_lcap17%Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_rcap 17% [ 2 ]
Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_lcap17%Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_rcap 17% [ 2 ]
Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_lcap8%Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_lcap58%Best Hartnell Dalek Story I_vote_rcap 58% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Best Hartnell Dalek Story 17th December 2019, 2:13 pm

REDACTED

Which of Hartnell's encounters with the space Nazi's from Skaro gets your vote?

I'm going with Masterplan.

2Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Re: Best Hartnell Dalek Story 17th December 2019, 2:28 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

The Daleks Master Plan as well for me. A damn near perfect story that shows the pure grit and intensity of the situation. Doctor Who has never been this grand or have such of a large scope, before or after this story, with only the EU stories coming close. What surprises me is that this story has multiple genres and tone shifts, but it never feels jarring or out of place. The only weak parts I'd say are Volcano and The Feast of Steven, but I can't even blame the latter because of its placement and despite some... questionable dialogue, I still really enjoy it. As someone who's not really a fan of telesnaps, this story I'd easily watch over and over again. It's one of the best Who stories of all time, and I'll be happy once we get an animated version of it.

3Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Re: Best Hartnell Dalek Story 17th December 2019, 3:26 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:The Daleks Master Plan as well for me. A damn near perfect story that shows the pure grit and intensity of the situation. Doctor Who has never been this grand or have such of a large scope, before or after this story, with only the EU stories coming close. What surprises me is that this story has multiple genres and tone shifts, but it never feels jarring or out of place. The only weak parts I'd say are Volcano and The Feast of Steven, but I can't even blame the latter because of its placement and despite some... questionable dialogue, I still really enjoy it. As someone who's not really a fan of telesnaps, this story I'd easily watch over and over again. It's one of the best Who stories of all time, and I'll be happy once we get an animated version of it.
Couldn’t have put it better myself. I voted for Daleks’ Master Plan precisely for the reasons you mention. That, and just how superb episode 12 is on every level.

4Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Re: Best Hartnell Dalek Story 17th December 2019, 9:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Daleks' Masterplan is golden television. The new series will NEVER be as tense or as emotionally engaging as that.

5Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Re: Best Hartnell Dalek Story 19th December 2019, 1:07 pm

stengos

stengos

The Daleks is my favourite.

The Chase is a pointless runaround.

Dalek Invasion is good.

I don't know Masterplan. Is there a good reconstruction available? I have the BBC audio release but I find those difficult to listen to.

6Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Re: Best Hartnell Dalek Story 19th December 2019, 10:27 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Daleks Masterplan is top of my list of most wanted missing story rediscoveries, but the audio release doesn't really do it justice. That, and I think The Feast of Steven is a massive waste of 25 minutes.
So I'm going with The Daleks.

7Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Re: Best Hartnell Dalek Story 19th December 2019, 10:44 pm

iank

iank

The Chase. By far the most fun and watchable IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Best Hartnell Dalek Story Empty Re: Best Hartnell Dalek Story 19th December 2019, 10:50 pm

Ken Grubshaw

Ken Grubshaw

Isn't that the one with the shit Doctor clone? My old man told me about that story for years. He said "Son, avoid The Chase at all costs. It's a bag of shit"

Best Hartnell Dalek Story Slinge10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum