You are not connected. Please login or register

I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow Empty I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow 22nd April 2019, 10:26 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Been watching through the Arrowverse shows. I watched Arrow and Flash and was desperate for more, so I decided to give this show a second shot.

When I saw it before I only saw a couple of episodes from season 1 disjointed and I heard it went down the path of Supergirl and became preachy so I must admit I judged it rather harshly.

Having watched all 3 seasons properly this time I must say its great. One of the best superhero shows. It is a bit preachy but not like Supergirl or New Who to the point where it overtakes the story or bugs you at all. The worst is the cringey anti Russia episode.

Still its great. I would recommend it to all of the users here. Its kind of a mix of Doctor Who/Blake's 7/Red Dwarf and Primeval.

Like Doctor Who its about a group of people who can go anywhere in any time and space (though sadly they seem focused more on earth. They have yet to visit an alien planet, but there are stories in outer space at least.)

However its also very Blake's 7 in that its about a group of criminals, misfits and losers who are on the run from an oppressive organisation. I won't give too much away, but they are definite B7 vibes when they are on the run from the Time Masters. The fact that lots of characters come and go is very B7 too.

At the same time much like Red Dwarf the "heroes" are complete fuck ups and make everything worse. There is a lot of great comedy from how often they screw things up.

Finally the third series has pretty much the same premise as Primeval. The main cast accidentally fracture time at the end of series two which creates tears in space and time that allow people and things from different times to cross over. One episode is even about a Sabre Tooth Cat in the 18th century!

It has a great cast too. I like pretty much all of the regulars, though my fave has to be Captain Cold. Wentworth Miller is a brilliant actor. He's the Avon of the group. When you look at him in real life he is such a sensitive, thoughtful, well spoken guy. He couldn't be more different to the smug asshole he plays LOL.

IMO this is the best time travelling show on tv right now. It just goes to show you even with SJW nonsense you can still do a great show, but New Who is just inept all around.

2I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow Empty Re: I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow 23rd April 2019, 10:47 am

stengos

stengos

The Arrowverse. Is that a specif programme or an umbrella term for several shows. If the latter, what programmes do you mean?

Also, as an aside, will you stand as a mod? You can count on my vote if you do.

3I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow Empty Re: I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow 23rd April 2019, 10:41 pm

iank

iank

Superhero shows on the CW network, I believe.

They're all complete shite from what I've seen/heard. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow Empty Re: I was wrong about Legends of Tomorrow 24th April 2019, 12:07 am

DogStar2000

stengos wrote:The Arrowverse. Is that a specif programme or an umbrella term for several shows. If the latter, what programmes do you mean?
Shows in the Arrowverse are Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

stengos

stengos

Thank you both.

Yes Supergirl is shit and while its nice to see Arthur Darvill going on to more success i always seem to change channel after the first 10 minutes of any episode of Legends that i try to watch.

burrunjor

burrunjor

stengos wrote:The Arrowverse. Is that a specif programme or an umbrella term for several shows. If the latter, what programmes do you mean?

Also, as an aside, will you stand as a mod? You can count on my vote if you do.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think its already gone to Commander Maxil. I wouldn't want to take the site over anyway. I'm happy to moan whenever anyone ticks me off, but I'd rather focus on my own site. Maxil is probably the best choice for it.

Arrowverse is the name given to a group of shows spun off from Arrow.

They are.

Arrow (obviously)
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Constantine (this was retroactively added but its still part of it.)
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl (which is set in another universe but has crossed over.)
Batwoman (upcoming.)

The Flash is the best of them all. I'd recommend starting with it. Arrow is pretty good. It has its bad seasons sure, but its a good show. Legends takes some time to get used to. I didn't like it at first, but once you get over the hump its great.

Arthur Darvill is an amazing actor. I always knew he was good in DW, but he was kind of just a dopey lovable goof as Rory. As Rip he has a lot more to work with. Particularly in season 2 when he plays the brainwashed versions of Rip. He actually makes an excellent villain.

In terms of the best seasons I'd say it goes like this.

Flash season 1.
Flash season 2.
Arrow season 1.
Arrow season 2.
Legends season 3.
Legends season 1.
Legends season 2.
Arrow season 5.
Flash season 3.
Arrow season 6.
Flash season 4.
Arrow season 3.
Arrow season 4.

I've not seen Constantine yet, though I hear good things. Supergirl meanwhile is a total write off.

I think Supergirl might very well be the worst genre series of the past 20 years. Its a toss up between it and Jodie. Jodie is worse in that she does more harm to the brand.

Supergirl won't harm Superman as its its own version, where as Jodie is supposed to be linked to Hartnell. However in terms of quality Supergirl might be worse.

They are doing a Batwoman series too. I don't have high hopes as they look set to revel in the same cringey political crap as Supergirl. Ironically despite how right on they are all they do is make it look like they can't write for women with these SJW female led series.

When they do a male led series like the Flash and Arrow then they just write them as heroes, but when its a female led series they have to have them shit on every man around them and be politicised to an insane degree. Gone are the days of Xena it seems a female hero who didn't have to be a political statement more than a character.

stengos

stengos

burrunjor wrote:

I'd rather focus on my own site.

Arrowverse is the name given to a group of shows spun off from Arrow.

They are.

Arrow (obviously)
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Constantine (this was retroactively added but its still part of it.)
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl (which is set in another universe but has crossed over.)
Batwoman (upcoming.)

The Flash is the best of them all. I'd recommend starting with it. Arrow is pretty good. It has its bad seasons sure, but its a good show. Legends takes some time to get used to. I didn't like it at first, but once you get over the hump its great.

Arthur Darvill is an amazing actor. I always knew he was good in DW, but he was kind of just a dopey lovable goof as Rory. As Rip he has a lot more to work with. Particularly in season 2 when he plays the brainwashed versions of Rip. He actually makes an excellent villain.

In terms of the best seasons I'd say it goes like this.

Flash season 1.
Flash season 2.
Arrow season 1.
Arrow season 2.
Legends season 3.
Legends season 1.
Legends season 2.
Arrow season 5.
Flash season 3.
Arrow season 6.
Flash season 4.
Arrow season 3.
Arrow season 4.

I've not seen Constantine yet, though I hear good things. Supergirl meanwhile is a total write off.

I think Supergirl might very well be the worst genre series of the past 20 years. Its a toss up between it and Jodie. Jodie is worse in that she does more harm to the brand.

Supergirl won't harm Superman as its its own version, where as Jodie is supposed to be linked to Hartnell. However in terms of quality Supergirl might be worse.

They are doing a Batwoman series too. I don't have high hopes as they look set to revel in the same cringey political crap as Supergirl. Ironically despite how right on they are all they do is make it look like they can't write for women with these SJW female led series.

When they do a male led series like the Flash and Arrow then they just write them as heroes, but when its a female led series they have to have them shit on every man around them and be politicised to an insane degree. Gone are the days of Xena it seems a female hero who didn't have to be a political statement more than a character.

Thanks for the reply.

I heard about the batwoman series. I am hoping it will follow Gothams lead and isolate itself from the politics stuff.

If you could give me a link i would like to try out your website. If that is okay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum