You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm Doing An Alternate Sequel To Classic Who

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm Doing An Alternate Sequel To Classic Who Empty I'm Doing An Alternate Sequel To Classic Who 26th October 2018, 11:10 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I have decided to do an alternate sequel novel series to Classic Who on my blog.

This series will establish that Classic Who takes place in N-Space, whilst New Who takes place in M-Space, another universe with a similar history, explaining the presence of the Classic Doctors in the 50th. They are just alternate versions of our fave Doctors. (This also explains the VAST discrepancies between old and new who, like the Doctor and Sarah being lovers in New Who, the Master and the Doctor being lovers, the Great Intelligence's history being completely different etc.)

This series will explore the lives of the original, N-Space versions of the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th Doctors. The images I will use for them will be of different actors to Eccelston, Tennant, Smith, Capaldi and Bubble.

9th Doctor will be Dylan Moran, 10th Doctor will be Tim Curry, 11th Doctor will be Robert Caryle, 12th Doctor will be Damian Molony and the 13th Doctor will be Julian Richings. I will base these new Doctors personalities on those actors too.

It won't be like New Who where we just follow one Doctors life after one another. Obviously that would take too long.

Instead I will look at all of these Doctors adventures against the Daleks. 23 in total, then all of their adventures with the Cybermen, then all of their adventures with the Master, then all of their adventures with new villains, then all of their historical adventures, then odd, one off adventures.

Now obviously I am not deluded. I don't think this will replace New Who. However I hope that it might begin a trend of people doing their own alternate sequels.

Rob Filth said that he thinks we will get a Star Trek Continues style show about DW and I agree. However I hope it doesn't just feature the classic Doctors. My biggest hope is that someone far more talented than me sees one of my stories with an alternate Doctor and thinks "I can do better" and does his own youtube series with his own alternate 9-13th Doctors, and then someone does their own series with their own Doctors, and so on and so on, until that becomes the norm. If it does, then eventually after New Who is done, there is a slightly better possibility of the beeb reviving it with a different 9-13th Doctors.

I want New Who to not be the official sequel. I hope Classic Who becomes like Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes.

Basically Doyle's Holmes is the only official canon. Everything else is just one writers interpretation of what happened after and you can choose whichever one you want, or ignore them all.

That's what should happen with DW. We should not be slaves to one clique's interpretation that happened decades after the original show, one which the likes of Terrance Dicks HATED. I think this will also be better for New Who too. There is a lot of good in New Who, that is sadly being overlooked, because of the way its trashed the canon and history of the show. This way you can take New Who to be like the Cushing movies.

Added to that the new who writers keep saying that DW has no official canon to cover their plot holes sooo if we take the likes of Paul Cornell and Moffat himself at their word, my version IS as official as New Who or Big Finish Big Grin

Anyway it will be out sometime early next year (I have a lot of other work to get finished soon) but when it is I would love feed back, and anyone who'd be interested in writing for it by all means contact me. I need all the help I can get.

Basically it goes Classic Who, and whichever pieces of spin off material that I like, from Big Finish to the comics, that contains no references to New Who are canon.

The 9th Doctor

The 10th Doctor

The 11th Doctor

The 12th Doctor

The 13th Doctor

Zarius

Zarius

Good luck with this.

On guard Morbius! Wink

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Ive always wanted Dylan Moran to play the Doctor! Good luck burrunjor.

Mott1

Mott1

Torn between a 'Dylan Moran Doctor' book/library story set in space, or a creepy Earth-based chiller starring the Robert Carlyle Doctor. The latter would probably be set on the coast - somewhere like the Isle Of Grain on the River Medway, plenty of claustrophobic abandoned forts around there for unexplained monsters of the deep to lurk in!

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote:Torn between a 'Dylan Moran Doctor' book/library story set in space, or a creepy Earth-based chiller starring the Robert Carlyle Doctor. The latter would probably be set on the coast - somewhere like the Isle Of Grain on the River Medway, plenty of claustrophobic abandoned forts around there for unexplained monsters of the deep to lurk in!

Yeah those sound quite interesting. The Tim Curry Doctor is the one I'm most looking forward to working on. LOVED him so much in Clue.

I am working on one with Robert Carlyle in Haiti with Zombies. There's a lot of interesting lore there to work with. Haiti is a seriously fucked up place. Did you see that docu Anthony Stewart Head did on the history of Zombies in that place?

Its a brilliant docu, but also quite frightening in places (and the Zombies are the least scary thing in Haiti.)

burrunjor

burrunjor

Oh forgot to say it but I am also doing a Romana spin off series too, featuring her adventures in E-Space. The actresses image I'll use for Romana 3 is Amber Benson, best known as Tara from Buffy.

IMO she'd have been absolutely perfect as Romana.

In my sequel New Who takes place in an alternate universe, as do other pieces of spin off material.

IMO the DW multiverse is like this.

N-Space: Universe Classic Who, some Big Finish Audios, and some Comics and my alternate sequel take place in this universe too.

Through various crossovers, Futurama, Blake's 7, Quatermass, Dan Dare, Godzilla (show era) first two planet of the Apes films, Caballistics, and various others take place in too.

M-Space: Universe New Who, Big Finish and some Comics take place in.

Q-Space: Universe Scream of the Shalka takes place in.

C-Space: Universe the Cushing movies take place in.

Z-Space: Universe Doctor Omega takes place in

K-Space: Universe King Kong Escapes takes place in. For those of you who haven't seen it, King Kong Escapes was made by Toho, the team behind Godzilla.

It sees Kong fight an evil robot version of himself, Mechani Kong, created by a strange, mysterious scientist called Doctor Who!

They even make Doctor Who look like William Hartnell's version of the Doctor.

See for yourself.

I'm Doing An Alternate Sequel To Classic Who The-doctors-who

Given that according to my continuity, Godzilla and Classic Who take place in the same universe, then IMO King Kong Escapes (which doesn't fit in with the other Godzilla films from that era, despite featuring characters from it like Gorosaurus,) takes place in an alternate universe where the Doctor turned to evil and became one of the worst villains, opposed by heroes like Godzilla and King Kong.

Think of him as being like Peter Pan in OUAT. The evil version of a beloved hero, whose actually closer to the very original than you'd think, as both the Doctor and Pan were ironically villains in the original versions (J.M. Barrie's first draft of Peter Pan, and the Pilot episode of Doctor Who.)

These alternate universes won't be explored apart from possibly as a one off story which might be fun. It won't be Jodie's Doctor that crosses over of course LOL. Probably Matt Smith.

Mott1

Mott1

This is probably going to be the location for my story : -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Grain

It's got that strange, isolated yet haunting quality that some of the more claustrophobic Dr Who stories used to have: Terror Of The Zygons, Horror Of Fang Rock, Curse Of Fenric. And look at that fort! You can just imagine the monsters emerging from the deep of the River Medway, before the "keeeeoooowww!" at the end of part 1.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote:This is probably going to be the location for my story : -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Grain

It's got that strange, isolated yet haunting quality that some of the more claustrophobic Dr Who stories used to have: Terror Of The Zygons, Horror Of Fang Rock, Curse Of Fenric. And look at that fort! You can just imagine the monsters emerging from the deep of the River Medway, before the "keeeeoooowww!" at the end of part 1.

I look forward to reading it. PS if anyone has any ideas about other stories and such please chip in. I'm looking for other writers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum