Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 42]

951Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd July 2019, 11:44 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:It is quite sad to think Jon Blum typically spends his daily shower routine thinking up ways to be as irritating as possible to other fans.

Shut up you're just jealous of his success. Don't you know how hard it is for guys like Jon Blum and RTD who are so successful to deal with people who are jealous of them all the time?

Cheers Burrunjor.

952Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd July 2019, 11:47 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'll admit he's one tall poppy I wouldn't mind trimming.

953Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd July 2019, 12:51 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:Sorry I cannot agree that Reddit is worse than Gormless Bastards.com.

Reddit may be run in a more authoratarian way, but a lot of the users I've encountered are quite pleasant. I actually had some fine discussions with people there, and I was just as unapologetic about despising Missy and New Who.

GB however is home to quite possibly the biggest cunts and freaks in fandom.

...these people are among the nastiest I've ever met in any walk of life.

I never said it was worse in any objective sense, only that I personally hate it more. My point was that with Gormless Bastards, you at least know what you're getting into. They're so transparently, ludicrously unhinged that it makes no sense to go over there looking for serious, rational discussion, whereas I approached r/doctorwho and r/gallifrey with an expectation of fair treatment which made the betrayal much harder to swallow.

954Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd July 2019, 1:52 am

iank

iank

Blum is a success? Where? How? He has like a couple of 90s EDA books (cowritten with wifey) and an early BF to his credit.
Hardly up there with RTD now is he?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

955Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd July 2019, 8:25 am

stengos

stengos

iank wrote:Blum is a success? Where? How? He has like a couple of 90s EDA books (cowritten with wifey) and an early BF to his credit.

Plus the Blake 7 novel he has just written, I think with wife Kate.

956Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd July 2019, 9:16 am

iank

iank

Wow.
I'm just in awe of the man. Very Happy

957Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd July 2019, 11:52 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Wow.
I'm just in awe of the man. Very Happy

Its so hard for successful people like Jon Blum to always have to deal with jealous people. (Ironically for all his SJW credentials, Blum sounds like an Ayn Rand fanboy with that shit.)

Cheers Burrunjor.

958Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd July 2019, 11:54 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Cue the smallest violin

959Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd July 2019, 12:47 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

stengos wrote:
iank wrote:Blum is a success? Where? How? He has like a couple of 90s EDA books (cowritten with wifey) and an early BF to his credit.

Plus the Blake 7 novel he has just written, I think with wife Kate.

Yeah, Mediasphere. I sold that off within a month of buying it LOL Those Big Finish books are pants.

960Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2019, 3:58 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

961Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2019, 5:35 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

Tanmann wrote:

OBVIOUSLY A STRAIGHT WHITE MALE IN DRAG AND BLACKFACE Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

962Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2019, 5:39 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

She's rather attractive.

963Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 10:59 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

#BeKind wrote:
Tanmann wrote:

OBVIOUSLY A STRAIGHT WHITE MALE IN DRAG AND BLACKFACE Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I bet she's sponsored by Russia too. Big Grin

964Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 11:01 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:She's rather attractive.

Yes she is very beautiful, but trust that to be the first thing you'd notice. Big Grin

The most gorgeous Youtuber for me is Star Wars Girl. God damn she is strikingly beautiful. Her vids are quite good too, though I don't think she's covered DW. I guess she just isn't a fan, but she's probably sympathetic to our complaints.

I'm not a Star Wars fan really, but I can see another franchise suffering from the same shit.

965Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 12:21 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Her videos are generally pretty good, and she never refrains from being as critical of the state of the SW brand as possible. It’s interesting that Star Wars fandom seems to be completely vocal about their disdain for how the series has been treated of late (and I don’t blame them- it’s in a truly awful state), yet Doctor Who fandom isn’t anywhere near as vocal about it in spite of being in the same state (if not worse). Examine how many SW YouTubers have dissected and torn the shit out of The Last Jedi and the state of Star Wars (MauLer being the best and most prolific example)- why doesn’t the majority of online Who fandom have the critical faculties to do the same thing? Is it because Who fans are generally more spineless (as referred to on another thread), or simply because SW fandom is bigger?

966Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 12:28 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

There are at least three Hivers in the comment section of that video. I might just like and comment on EVERY one of Ian's videos just for shits and giggles.

967Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 2:25 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:Her videos are generally pretty good, and she never refrains from being as critical of the state of the SW brand as possible. It’s interesting that Star Wars fandom seems to be completely vocal about their disdain for how the series has been treated of late (and I don’t blame them- it’s in a truly awful state), yet Doctor Who fandom isn’t anywhere near as vocal about it in spite of being in the same state (if not worse).  Examine how many SW YouTubers have dissected and torn the shit out of The Last Jedi and the state of Star Wars (MauLer being the best and most prolific example)- why doesn’t the majority of online Who fandom have the critical faculties to do the same thing? Is it because Who fans are generally more spineless (as referred to on another thread), or simply because SW fandom is bigger?

DW fandom was always a bit spineless.

I think its because DW fans had it too good too long. DW was quite unusually popular for a genre series in the 60s and the 70s and even the early 80s. Most sci fi and genre series and even franchises are niche for most of their existence with the odd bit of mainstream success.

Look at Star Trek. It was a niche show for its first decade of existence. Even Batman as a franchise was niche for 30 years until Adam West. The attitude from other fandoms is "we'd love it if it got its due, but if goes back to being niche that's fine. That's what we were before and we were happy." Hence why a Batman fan isn't happy to sell out the characters identity to pander to the latest trends.  

Even Star Wars though a big hit at first, wasn't quite the same as DW it didn't constantly run right the way through.

DW was a big mainstream hit for decades that was almost a part of the British way of life. Thus when it became a cult series in the 90s, fans didn't know how to hack it.

DW in the 90s was ironically still one of the biggest cult series of all time. It had a vastly bigger following than say either Xena, Buffy, or Babylon 5 did at that point! Who fans however still couldn't hack it. To them that was still absolute hell!

So they basically were happy to sell their Who fan souls in a desperate attempt to go back to the 70s. They didn't care if DW had to change to the point where it was totally unrecognizable. As long as it wasn't just seen as another genre, cult show then it was all worth it.

Still things may be looking up. The backlash to Jodie has been bigger than ANYTHING against Star Wars or even Star Trek.

Look at Jodie's rotten tomatoes score. Look at Alteroi, Nerdrotic, Bowlestrek etc. Its definitely come too late, but in the long run I think might cause the dominant fan opinion to change. Jodie has shown them that actually all change isn't good, and that if you adopt that attitude Jodie and Missy are where you end up.

968Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 2:37 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

You mention the audience score of series 11 on RT (which is merely at 21% compared to the critic score of 94%). Interestingly, Rotten Tomatoes has since provided critic scores to the Classic Who seasons- and they are largely complete bollocks.

Only three JNT seasons get fresh scores: 18 (67%), 19 (63%) and 25 (88%), whilst Moffat’s entire era remains in the 85-100% interval and the Tennant era remains at entirely 100% (fuck, Troughton’s debut season only gets 50%, and they include sporadic reviews which apply to different stories).

I suspect they did this in order to further make series 11 look good, as they seem to be turd-polishing New Who on that site and bashing Classic Who. The critic consensus also stupidly refers to both seasons 9 and 17 as Doctor Who’s ‘seventh season’, which shows that they put no thought into said consensus at all.

969Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 2:59 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Only 57% for Season 26? Wankers.

970Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 3:03 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I know. What morons. By that logic, it’s worse than all of New Who.

971Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 11:03 pm

iank

iank

Clearly retarded.

972Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 11:07 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Season 17 has 36%, Season 22 has 33%, Season 4 has 50%, Season 26 has 57%... Series 11 of New Who has 94%. Let that sink in...

973Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 11:34 pm

iank

iank

Jesus. Not a shill site or anything then. Honest guv'nor.

974Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 11:43 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Bloody tossers. Dammit, I didn't even know that actual Doctor Who was rated on there, I thought we'd escaped. Still, at least we know that no-one takes rotten tomatoes seriously anymore, anyway...

975Series 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2019, 11:44 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Or maybe Rotten Tomatoes just has more than a few bad apples.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum