Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 42]

451Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 12th December 2018, 10:26 pm

iank

iank

He's a laughing stock now. Sold out completely and now that fandom - real fandom - has generally accepted that the season and the 13th Doctor has been a disastrous failure, he is squealing like a dying pig over his lost credibility.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

452Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 12th December 2018, 10:28 pm

iank

iank

bryanbraddock wrote:Heard this rumor a few times over the last few weeks, and now "Nerdrotic" who claims to have connections in the know is reporting that the BBC plan to rest the show after series 12.
By doing that they don't have to incur the wrath of social media when they replace Whittaker with a man.
Personally although I hate nuwho and would love to see it cancelled tomorrow, I wouldn't like the idea of putting the show on hiatus during Whittaker's tenure. The thought that her incarnation would be the incumbent that carry's on in books & audios like McGann's did for a decade is very depressing.

I doubt that would happen. The hardcore fans are the only ones that buy books and audios, and few, if any, of them are going to buy anything with Nurse Who.

453Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 12:12 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

The usually mild mannered Bowlestrek at his most belligerent Big Grin

454Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 12:36 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I'm glad that my predictions seem to have come to pass.

There was a post on the reddit that mentioned support for a McGann series or miniseries, which honestly is a fair idea in of itself. It's essentially what I would have preferred to do: creating new stories for old Doctors, rather than creating a new 9th Doctor onwards. Avoids the new series without retconning it.

Obviously they'd have to hire new actors for pretty much all of them aside from McGann and perhaps McCoy: but that's fine. David Bradley is fine for 1st so long as they can write it properly. Sean Pertwee seems an obvious choice for 3rd. If they can explain the aging they could probably do something with Tom, Peter and Colin, too.

Only thing is that I haven't an atom of trust in the BBC to pull it off without their usual propagandist inserts and nepotistic choices of subpar writers. They'd also try to get NuWho in there in some form or other, I'm sure.

455Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 12:54 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

creating new stories for old Doctors, rather than creating a new 9th Doctor onwards. Avoids the new series without retconning it

That's the worst option IMO. New Who NEEDS retconned out. Also I don't really need any more stories for any other old Doctors. Its nice to hear them via Big Finish (before they sold out) but they all had a decent run. Paul McGann is the only old Doctor I'd love to see a proper series from as he never got one on tv.

Paul doing a few series and then regenerating into a new 9th Doctor would be absolutely perfect.

456Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 1:54 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:

That's the worst option IMO. New Who NEEDS retconned out. Also I don't really need any more stories for any other old Doctors. Its nice to hear them via Big Finish (before they sold out) but they all had a decent run. Paul McGann is the only old Doctor I'd love to see a proper series from as he never got one on tv.

Paul doing a few series and then regenerating into a new 9th Doctor would be absolutely perfect.

I'm speaking practically. It isn't realistic to expect the BBC to allow their beloved to be retconned, at the least because of how 'insulting' it would be to their little family. Best thing a new showrunner could do is ignore it. Of course, you could take the 'parallel universe' approach but I think they could probably see through that, and it would be difficult to market to the audience majority that still likes (early) NuWho.

457Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 2:14 pm

Boofer

Boofer

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:It isn't realistic to expect the BBC to allow their beloved to be retconned, at the least because of how 'insulting' it would be to their little family. Best thing a new showrunner could do is ignore it. Of course, you could take the 'parallel universe' approach but I think they could probably see through that, and it would be difficult to market to the audience majority that still likes (early) NuWho.

I've been saying this for some time now. Retconning is a quixotic fantasy given the tight grip the beeb has on the show.

Parallel universe and Nth Doctor sans continuity are more feasible. Or maybe something in the vein of The Orville; a satirical take on time travel shows, but mixed with real drama, allegorical yarns and compelling narratives with nods to Who, Quantum Leap, etc.

458Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 2:43 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Boofer wrote:a satirical take on time travel shows, but mixed with real drama, allegorical yarns and compelling narratives with nods to Who, Quantum Leap, etc.
The Orville is basically a reboot of ST:TNG And it's marvelous.
(Although I'm a little concerned that Seth Mcfarlene want's to tone down the humour, as I think the ballence was perfect last series)

I don't see any problem with a new scifi series featuring a strange man who travels through time having scifi and horror adventures. A spiritual successor to doctor who rather than an official continuation could be the perfect solution.

459Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 5:18 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

iank wrote:He's a laughing stock now. Sold out completely and now that fandom - real fandom - has generally accepted that the season and the 13th Doctor has been a disastrous failure, he is squealing like a dying pig over his lost credibility.

I left a comment on his latest video about The Rotten Tomato scores and he gave me a condescending patronizing reply full of half truths and BBC spin.

He actually tired to say that according to BARB the Sunday night slot was one of the hardest slots of the week and Doctor Who was up against "600" channels!
When I replied to that, proving that series 11 was the only series since 2005 that had week on week declining ratings with no bounce back effect, and had on average the lowest AI's of all nuwho and pointing out how 99% of his 600 channels were either off air or had no viewers he blocked me and deleted my post.

MrTardis is to quote Withnall "a terrible cunt".

460Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 7:51 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

bryanbraddock wrote:The usually mild mannered Bowlestrek at his most belligerent Big Grin

All I can hear now is the shrieking voice of Magnus Greel.
lol!

461Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 8:01 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

bryanbraddock wrote:
I don't see any problem with a new scifi series featuring a strange man who travels through time having scifi and horror adventures. A spiritual successor to doctor who rather than an official continuation could be the perfect solution.

The longer the niche is left open by the BBC the more of a certainty it will be that a few different people take a crack at filling it with their own version. More power to them.

The refusal of the rights holders to let George Lucas reboot Flash Gordon is what forced him to (wholesale rip it off and) create Star Wars.

Same with Who. And the basic premise is entirely in the public domain other than regeneration and a case could even be made for that. Not that you need to slavishly copy Who. It was always the stories and the lead actors that held a person's attention, the rest was just like the transporter in Star Trek or the ship corridors - just the way to get people to the action or a convenient reuseable set.

462Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 8:14 pm

Zarius

Zarius

463Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 13th December 2018, 8:20 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Maybe a central problem with the female spinoff was that the change was made not to improve but to destroy.

When Hartnell had to be replaced, it came at a time when interest was flagging, the lead actor and his health issues were impacting the show negatively and so on.

Recasting and explaining it within the show was a masterstroke that worked and it was meant to improve the show.

Ditto the change to Pertwee and colour and a new format closer to the ITV adventure shows.

Ditto the change to a younger more in tune with the bleeding edge of the 70s Doctor and the equally brilliant casting of Liz Sladen.

From then on the changes in casting and format are far more open to question, but had their reasons.

In 2005 Who the change to the female spinoff came after a catastrophic decline, and it did very little to fix it. In fact it genuinely looks like it was meant to kill it and reset everything for a major format change in the future.

464Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 12:24 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I am actually working on my own time travel characters in the vein of Classic Who. I'm doing a series on my blog about a reformed Vampire who was a scientific genius in life who builds a time machine and goes exploring through all of time and space in a ship shaped like a giant bat.

The character will fight Demons, Vampires, Zombies and Witches on other planets throughout the universe as well as go on normal sci fi adventures. He' I am also doing a series about a time travelling circus made up of Demons, robots, Witches and Vampires who travel through time and space and fight monsters.

Obviously Classic Who will be my main inspiration for both, but I still will be doing an alternate sequel series to Classic Who.

As for what proper tv writers could do as a replacement for Doctor Who, well I suggest adapting Doctor Omega.

Series 11 - Page 19 9k=

Doctor Omega is a French novel about a mysterious alien who calls himself the Doctor Omega (his real name is unknown) who comes from the most advanced race in the universe. He is in exile from them and is living on earth where he creates a highly advanced spaceship called the Cosmos which he uses to travel through time and space with two ordinary French guys. He also has a grand daughter named Suzane!

Doctor Omega was written in 1903 exactly 60 years earlier than Doctor Who, and whilst many people think it may have been an influence on Doctor Who, it has never been mentioned as such.

It would be cool if they adapted it though. I'd love to see Kelsey Grammer as Doctor Omega. They could make his archenemies the Martians from H.G. Wells War of the Worlds.

In the book he goes back to ancient Mars and helps a more peaceful race of Octopoid Martians win out over their enemies. It would be cool if it turned out that they later became the Martians from War of the Worlds.

You could adapt various other classic sci fi stories, like City and the Stars, the Star Maker, and War of the Newts as part of the series too. I'd love to see him meet the character who journey's through the universe in the Star Maker or come between the Newt men's war with humanity, or visit the earth billions of years in the future.

It would make a great series and if anyone tried to say it was a rip off, well you could say that DW ripped IT off.

465Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 8:56 am

Zarius

Zarius

El Patron has been doxxed

He also responds to MrTARDIS recent video mocking the critics

Also, the Who Addicts are kissing up to Bowlestrek and Patron hardcore in some of the comments sections for these videos. I don't know how sincere they are about that, I think they're just scared that they won't be seen as "popular" by those two's fanbases if they side with MrTARDIS

466Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 10:45 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Also, the Who Addicts are kissing up to Bowlestrek and Patron hardcore in some of the comments sections for these videos. I don't know how sincere they are about that, I think they're just scared that they won't be seen as "popular" by those two's fanbases if they side with MrTARDIS

Its hilarious how much of a disaster Jodie's tenure has been. From every single perspective. Viewers, the quality of stories, what its done to the fandom and legacy of the show etc.

If only someone had told the fandom that this gender bending crap and pandering to feminist fans was a dead end that would sink the show and possibly wreck it beyond repair. I can't think of anyone whose been saying that for the past 4 years? Big Grin

467Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 11:38 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

“The sound of the Gion Shoja temple bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sala flowers reveals the truth that to flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure, like a passing dream on a night in spring; the mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.”

"It is worth remembering that very few Lords ever die in battle as a result of the actions of other men. Indeed, it is unique to see a Lord brought to ruin solely by the actions of others.

What destroys Lords is their preoccupation with the testing of their longsword and the silencing of all criticism. As a result of sickening pride, their stomachs swell with evil spirit, and they are driven into destruction at the hands of those who have grown so weary of them that the risk of death in battle is quite preferable to suffering the enemy Lord even one day's further life.

In this way the expression 'secure foundation before changing roof' is given life."

468Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 11:46 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

In this way the expression 'secure foundation before changing roof' is given life."
Series 11 - Page 19 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fspacemonstersmag.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F03%2Fdoctor-and-sarah-janeSeries 11 - Page 19 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmetrouk2.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F11%2Fday-of-the-doctor-tom-bakerSeries 11 - Page 19 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fego02.manworldmediacdn.com%2Fdata%2Fgalleries%2Fegotastic-all-stars%2F001%2F411%2F919%2Fjodie_whittaker_86f3e0_infobox-3d994e4f

469Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 7:57 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

According to Wikipedia the AI figure for the finale was 79 matching the tsuranga conundrum from earlier in the series.
If that's true season 11 has the worst AI figure average in nuwho history! and the worst figure for a finale since the show came back.

But remember the show has never been more successful! LOL LOL

470Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 8:49 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Observing the ever-shifting goalposts at Gallifrey Base in the ratings and AI thread is fucking highest jej.

The killshot has to be the Rotten Tomatoes disparity though, which tracks the same path as for all the other Woke->Broke movies and shows of recent years.

But the AI score is a classic too. Also as one of the nerds in the AI thread at GB pointed out, loads of other shows have NOT suffered the same drop in AI. Cue the REEEEeeeeEEEEing and "muh not the same thing" crap.

Cheers,

Jon Blum

471Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 14th December 2018, 8:54 pm

iank

iank

Big Grin The cognitive dissonance must be making sheep heads explode.

472Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 15th December 2018, 12:19 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

It's genuinely opened up new fault lines at GB. We have the genuine and probably paid shills, the communist types who parrot the same marxist theory based gender studies bullshit, and those two groups form one bloc. Then there are the excruciatingly virtue signalling but inherently salvageable fans who didn't "hate" Whittaker Who. They are now being bullied. That will surely end well.

In the ratings thread it's the usual suspects spewing hate and preaching "be kind" but there are also the genuine statistics nerds, now becoming puzzled at the inconsistencies amongst their ratings soup, versus hater who are just wetting themselves laughing and middle of the road fans who keep getting belted for saying "but doesn't he have a point?"

That will also surely end well.

I just love that the grifting scum that run the site are losing money, have long lost credibility and are now even losing some long term forum addicts.

Let it burn.

473Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 15th December 2018, 7:47 am

iank

iank

lols I almost wish I was there to see the trainwreck. Big Grin

474Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 15th December 2018, 9:45 am

Zarius

Zarius

Bowlstrek interviews El Patron

Doctor Freedom made a comment on his latest Youtube video saying "funny how the critics loved it, but the audience apparently hated it" in response to someone bringing up the RT audience appreciation score

I pointed out to the fat idiot that he openly admitted on his previous video that he liked the Venom movie, which critics hated but the audience loved

475Series 11 - Page 19 Empty Re: Series 11 15th December 2018, 3:54 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Chibnall talks about "Resolution" in DWM, and confirms the episode is set on New Year's Day

“You want the special to feel like an event... like an opener and a finale all rolled into one. You want it to be accessible to those who’ve missed the series, but you also want to reward the audiences and fans who’ve been there for the whole ride.

"Most of all, you want it to feel like a treat: a big, thrilling, explosive, moving, cheeky, surprising treat. Basically, you want the special to be epic. And I promise, it’s going to be epic.”

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a25591499/doctor-who-new-years-day-special-resolution-blockbuster/

Guest star Nikesh Patel said it is similar "a psychological thriller".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum