Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 42]

276Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 7:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:The IMDb ratings are currently 7.7 and 7.2 for the first two episodes respectively, which are below average. 7.2 puts 'the Ghost Monument' amongst the most lowly regarded episodes such as 'Kill the Moon' (7.1); if not quite to 'Fear Her' standards (6.1). IMDb is a fairly good reflection of public conception.

Also note the 'new and improved' IMDb description: 'The further adventures in time and space of the alien adventurer known as the Doctor, a Time Lord/Lady who can change appearance and gender by regenerating when near death, and his/her human companions'.

7.4 and 6.6 now LOL Episodes 4 has a 5.8 and Episode 5 has a 5.5. More than two thousand members have voted on those. That's a lot of angry white male trolls...

277Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 8:45 pm

iank

iank

I see the "it's the fans fault" excuses are starting already. Sure sign of failure. I'd say it's true that Chinballs and Pisstaker are out, and this is the beginning of the spin.
No sympathy, and no interest in the apologist scum. A once wonderful character and show have been wrecked beyond repair and turned into a laughing stock by parasites.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

279Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 9:42 pm

Zarius

Zarius

This is spreading like wildfire

I mean, I love that it's currently ticking off Doctor Freedom on YT, but the BBC press outlets surely have to say something about this fairly soon.

280Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 4:25 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

All this drama over something I haven't even watched Very Happy

Do you think DW can return after this? Perhaps a total reboot?

281Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 4:34 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

And the revolt becomes general.
For the lugenpresse claiming this is all evil white male right wing death squads, the woman in the video is a Missy fan leftist!

282Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 4:35 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

And this guy seems basically like a normal member of society who used to like Doctor Who:

283Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 4:38 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

I said this to a Discovery shill who said it's the fault of the viewers for not liking Discovery:

The ultimate consumer is always right. If you're trying to sell something to buyers and the buyers don't want it, YOU have failed, not the buyers.

Same with Doctor Who female spinoff. It's being marketed and pushed, a form of sale, and the buyers aren't having it. That is NOT a failure of the buyers. To suggest otherwise is pure New Labour Blairite managerial class spin thinking. "We just need to be more convincing [ie lie better] and these stupid proles will lap up the poison. We need to market our ideas better [insincere smile, glaring eyes, steeple fingers and a head tilt]"

At some point even morons get the clue that some poisonous garbage is just not worth taking up.

And here we are.

284Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 4:41 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Genkimonk wrote:All this drama over something I haven't even watched Very Happy

To the extent that Who, like Sherlock Holmes, is part of English culture, no. No, it is never coming back in an unadulterated form. If it did it might stimulate the vestigial patriotism and nativism of the English to the point that they rebel against their replacement.

Will it come back in an ever more mutated alienated and deviant form? Oh yes. You can count on that.

285Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 4:51 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

what will infuriate the talentless Whittaker and the medium talent hack Chibnall is that there is an almost universal sigh of relief at the idea, and a general quiet "it's for the best".

At this point it's nothing more than "doesn't she look tired" but the idea it even started indicates how uneasy a lot of would-be viewers are with a female Doctor, THIS female Doctor, being preached at each week by the BBC - of Jimmy Savile and Madeleine McCann coverup fame, and that the show is just plain badly written, badly paced and features a gabbling lead using a dialect that many people find incomprehensible.

It's all very well for people to reflexively say "I have no problem with a female Doctor" but in fact shit tons of people (of both sexes and all ages) actually DO have a problem with it.

This show as it exists currently would have worked much better as the Belinda Jane Smith Adventures, where Sarah Jane's obnoxious wine aunt sister inherits her house and Mr. Smith, and goes off on adventures using a time machine with her next door neighbour and the world's worst diversity hire police officer.

286Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 8:07 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

TheTimeTraveller wrote:And the revolt becomes general.
For the lugenpresse claiming this is all evil white male right wing death squads, the woman in the video is a Missy fan leftist!

Turns on video. Hears American accent. Stops watching.

287Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 8:09 am

iank

iank

I'm enjoying this all so much. Big Grin

288Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 8:11 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

iank wrote:I'm enjoying this all so much. Big Grin

I hope the fall out makes Eccelstone come out of the wood work and go fully open about what happened.

The big question is will the BBC simple axe it, or will they cast another woman to appease the PC nutters.

289Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 8:37 am

iank

iank

Sadly, almost certainly the latter. These types always double down on their lunacy.

290Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 9:57 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Genkimonk wrote:All this drama over something I haven't even watched Very Happy

I am doing an alternate sequel series to Classic Who on my blog featuring a totally different 9-13th Doctors.

I'm using images of different actors for my 9-13th Doctors.

9th Doctor is Dylan Moran, 10th Doctor is Tim Curry, 11th Doctor is Robert Carlyle, 12th Doctor is Damian Maloney, 13th Doctor is Julian Richings.

I'll be basing their personalities on the actors persona's too.

I'm not deluded enough to think that this will replace New Who. However I hope that it starts a trend among fan fic writers and fan productions to feature their own alternate 9-13th Doctors. I'm not saying I'll inspire hundreds of people or anything. If I can inspire one then that's enough as they'll inspire more and more etc. (PS I can inspire people in a "I can do better way" too.)

I would love to see a Star Trek Continues type fan show, but I would rather it featured new 9th-13th Doctors as opposed to just trying to remake any of the first 8.

Hopefully when that becomes the norm among fan circles, well then there is a greater chance that someone will do that professionally and then New Who is gone.

291Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 6:14 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

New video from MrTARDISreviews:

292Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 6:32 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Commander Maxil wrote:New video from MrTARDISreviews:

Self-identifying shill is best shill.
This has happened with other shows and movies, where the agents in place are exposed by the retreating tide of goodwill. They end up as lonely shrill voices still repeating the talking points, and in the process confirm that there really ARE talking points being distributed by the BBC (and others).

Meanwhile they've lost the whiny American fans, which means all their machinations were for nothing.

293Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 6:43 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

To be fair I can understand why Jodie is the Doctor for Mr Tardis. She's playing a castrated Doctor, and someone confiscated his balls many years ago so he can relate to her.

294Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 8:40 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I see MrTARDIS is one of those types that doesn't listen to Big Finish, otherwise he'd know Peri and the Fifth Doctor had plenty of adventures before Androzani

295Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 9:06 pm

iank

iank

Burrunjour nailed MrTard there! LOL LOL

296Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 9:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

You're all going to be very shocked by their first choice!

www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/feature/a871168/doctor-who-anniversary-specials/

297Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd November 2018, 11:58 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr Tardis just blocked me on twitter. I'm glad in a way. I was wasting too much time arguing with him. It was a bad habit. I'd see him slander someone like Bowlestrek or go on about how anyone who didn't like Bubble couldn't stand female leads and I just couldn't help myself Big Grin

Ah well if I ever feel the urge I'll just ridicule him here. I think that's every virtue signaller involved in DW I've been blocked by.

Paul Cornell, Whovian Feminism, Richard H Cooper, Mr TARDIS and Claudia Boleyn. Oddly enough I've not been blocked by Christel Dee yet. I don't like what she stands for, but oddly enough I've never felt the need to call her out on her bullshit or say anything to her on twitter.

I guess she's just less obnoxious than the others.

298Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 24th November 2018, 12:51 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

TheTimeTraveller wrote:

Self-identifying shill is best shill.
This has happened with other shows and movies, where the agents in place are exposed by the retreating tide of goodwill. They end up as lonely shrill voices still repeating the talking points, and in the process confirm that there really ARE talking points being distributed by the BBC (and others).

Meanwhile they've lost the whiny American fans, which means all their machinations were for nothing.

The opinions and support of the American fanbase are meaningless. They offer no value or intellectual insight other than SJW crap.

299Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 24th November 2018, 8:19 am

Zarius

Zarius

Some positive american reactor channels like Blindwave are actually noticing the cracks in the show. They say they enjoy it, but not on a Doctor Who level, and are frustrated with the lack of story arcs and threat levels. It's a form of polite disdain because they don't want to lose viewers/subscribers/incur the wrath of feminists but it's pretty obvious from them watching the episodes that they're bored and the discussions aren't half as lively as the ones for RTD or Moffat era stories (mind you, it's not a group reaction, just two people, one of whom is a woman who barely contributes anything)

300Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 24th November 2018, 10:54 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I'm purely disinterested in NuWho at this point.
Even laughing and complaining have worn thin as pass-times.
It's bad, everybody knows it - even if some remain to deny it, ratings are dropping, it's likely going to be dead before a Season 13 unless the BBC is insistent.
Snip it at the '89 or '96 and start over once public interest regenerates from this shit-show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum