You are not connected. Please login or register

Foreign Films

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Foreign Films Empty Foreign Films 14th May 2018, 11:23 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Just watched Space Battleship Yamato (2010), the film version of the ‘70s anime released in the US as Star Blazers. It surprised me as I was expecting something quite crazy but got a space opera, not dissimilar to Starship Troopers but with more space battles.

Earth is dying from radiation poisoning and under attack by an invading alien race when an alien pod lands carrying some plans and coordinates from a second alien race. Earth launches one of its last functioning ships, the Yamato, to seek out this benign alien helper and acquire a device to eliminate the radiation poisoning Earth.

It was a bit traditional but really fun. Captain Okita looks so much like an Asian Captain Birdseye that I couldn’t help thinking of fish fingers all the way through. That was something different. Pigsy from Monkey was in it.

2Foreign Films Empty Re: Foreign Films 15th May 2018, 6:12 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Time Crimes is the most amazingly fucked up film, although I am not sure why the character so readily accepted the deterministic nature of time travel and never considered throwing a spanner in the works. There was gonna be a US remake but that never materialised

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum