Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kind of missing Jenna Empty Kind of missing Jenna 8th February 2018, 10:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Kind of missing Jenna Colema10

Kind of missing Jenna Jenna_10

Kind of missing Jenna Jenna_11

I honestly do. I miss seeing this face in the show and her outgoing nature. If only she wasn't given such shitty scripts. No Moffat, a clear direction and Smith/Coleman (the best modern pairing)... it might have been the turning point for the series. Look where we are now. Those days were bad but I'd return to that era of the show in a heartbeat.

2Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 8th February 2018, 10:39 pm

iank

iank

I'm not.

I still miss Mad Kazza though. Sad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 8th February 2018, 10:50 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:Kind of missing Jenna Colema10

Kind of missing Jenna Jenna_10

Kind of missing Jenna Jenna_11

I honestly do. I miss seeing this face in the show and her outgoing nature. If only she wasn't given such shitty scripts. No Moffat, a clear direction and Smith/Coleman (the best modern pairing)... it might have been the turning point for the series. Look where we are now. Those days were bad but I'd return to that era of the show in a heartbeat.

I've always rather liked Jenna. Her and Smith did have such natural chemistry it was a joy to watch. I didn't mind her in series 7. I liked the way she and Matt did seem like they'd do anything for each other.

It was from series 8 on that Clara became the worst companion. I don't think that was Jenna's fault though.

At that point as we know the feminists had Moff's balls in a vice so whichever female companion was in the series was going to become their idea of a great character, IE always hating on men, being more important than the Doctor until he became a she etc.

Also Jenna was a terrible fit for Capaldi. They had NOTHING in common with age other, were different ages, and had literally the opposite types of acting to each other. He's older, very intense, very serious, very angry, she's very young, very modern, very bubbly, very light.

They were too different to just be friends like Tom and Sarah. They couldn't do a straight forward romance meanwhile as it would be far too creepy, and they couldn't do the traditiona father daughter relationship because he wanted to bang her as Matt.

So really they were left with the worst pairing and what's worse is that Jenna stayed far too long with Peter. I understand keeping her for series 8 to ease the transition, but she should have left after that. Sadly Capaldi had a companion that didn't match him for most of his era. Its ironic though as I still think of her as Matt's companion because she fits him so much better.

Bill was a far better fit for Capaldi as he could be a mentor, father figure to her, no problem. She should have been given more time with him.

Ingrid Oliver is still far more gorgeous than Jenna however and has a way sexier voice. Big Grin

4Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 9th February 2018, 2:08 am

Boofer

Boofer

She's unfeasibly pretty. The sort of woman you muddle your words over.

Mediocre actress, but eminently bangable.

5Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 9th February 2018, 9:10 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:Ingrid Oliver is still far more gorgeous than Jenna

As much as I disagree with her being more gorgeous than Jenna I still think she's hotter than people give her credit for. I never actually thought so originally until I looked at her outside of Who. I assumed she was much younger than 40.

Kind of missing Jenna Sexy10

6Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 9th February 2018, 6:11 pm

Mott1

Mott1

What's Freema Agyeman up to lately? I know she was a in a courtroom drama series post-Who, but I felt she occasionally impressed as she grew into the role and Martha was a more likeable character than many of the other companions (though she struggled initally as Adeola IMO).

7Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 9th February 2018, 9:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mott1 wrote:What's Freema Agyeman up to lately? I know she was a in a courtroom drama series post-Who, but I felt she occasionally impressed as she grew into the role and Martha was a more likeable character than many of the other companions (though she struggled initally as Adeola IMO).

Not seen her in a long while. Not a bad actress I agree. I liked Martha when she wasn't banging on about how the Doctor didn't notice her and her clear jealously of Rose.

8Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 10th February 2018, 12:29 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:

As much as I disagree with her being more gorgeous than Jenna I still think she's hotter than people give her credit for. I never actually thought so originally until I looked at her outside of Who. I assumed she was much younger than 40.

She could pass for her early 20s easy. I first saw her in Peep Show and I remember being struck by how exceptionally gorgeous she was in that. Just something about her face, and that voice.

I personally liked the way she looked in DW. She was really cute, probably the cutest character on tv.

Ingrid always looks good. She rocked being a blonde too, though I prefer her as a brunette as I prefer brunettes in general. What do you think?

I'd take Ingrid as Osgood over Jenna any day. I am sure Jenna is crying her eyes out at some manky Scots git not fancying her as much as Ingrid Oliver Big Grin

9Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 10th February 2018, 6:35 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Mott1 wrote:What's Freema Agyeman up to lately? I know she was a in a courtroom drama series post-Who, but I felt she occasionally impressed as she grew into the role and Martha was a more likeable character than many of the other companions (though she struggled initally as Adeola IMO).

She was in that CBEEBIES show RTD worked on with Bernard Cribbons, "Old Jack's Boat" last I checked

10Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 13th February 2018, 9:02 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Zarius wrote:

She was in that CBEEBIES show RTD worked on with Bernard Cribbons, "Old Jack's Boat" last I checked

Makes sense. She strikes me as someone that would be very popular and liked by children.

11Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 13th February 2018, 9:10 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:

She could pass for her early 20s easy. I first saw her in Peep Show and I remember being struck by how exceptionally gorgeous she was in that. Just something about her face, and that voice.

I personally liked the way she looked in DW. She was really cute, probably the cutest character on tv.

Ingrid always looks good. She rocked being a blonde too, though I prefer her as a brunette as I prefer brunettes in general. What do you think?

I'd take Ingrid as Osgood over Jenna any day. I am sure Jenna is crying her eyes out at some manky Scots git not fancying her as much as Ingrid Oliver Big Grin

I think she's delicious as a blonde although I agree I like her more as a brunette. Wouldn't have minded her as a companion with Capaldi. We saw them together more in that Zygon story and their chemistry was natural and quite refreshing. I admire your taste in women.

12Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 13th February 2018, 10:21 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I think she's delicious as a blonde although I agree I like her more as a brunette. Wouldn't have minded her as a companion with Capaldi. We saw them together more in that Zygon story and their chemistry was natural and quite refreshing. I admire your taste in women.

Haha thanks yeah I think I have a great taste in women, then again I would wouldn't I.

Ingrid would have been the best companion for Capaldi.

Their chemistry was good, and also Osgood would have been quite interesting in a number of ways.

1/ Her and Capaldi could have had a father/daughter dynamic like Classic Who.

2/ You'd cut out the soap opera mince with her as the companion as her home life would be fighting monsters for UNIT. So you'd kill two birds with one stone that way.

New Who fans who want to see the companions home life, and old Who fans who want to see more sci fi, this is a happy compromise for both. We would see Osgood's home life, but rather than her and her mom eating chips, it would be a Pertwee/UNIT style story in modern day.

3/ I think you could link her to old who in quite an interesting way. Remember that cute, mousey, nerdy woman Laird that appears in Resurrection of the Daleks and is killed by the Dalek duplicates?

I've always thought it would have been cool if you'd made her Laird's daughter, and the reason she came to work for UNIT was to find out the truth about what happened to her mother, and that's why she came to admire the Doctor because he fought the Daleks that killed her family.

I'd also have liked Journey Blue to be his other companion alongside Osgood. She was the army soldier in Into the Dalek. I think there was potential in her for the following reasons.

1/ Like Osgood if we went back to her home life it would be a sci fi setting. In the future battling against the Daleks. There would be a lot of value of showing us humanity's war against the Daleks in the future.

You could show how evil they truly are, have them wipe out whole races, the Dalek camps, things that have only ever been talked about before. You could also show how humanity has to work with other races that would normally be their enemies because the Daleks are worse.

2/ Journey could clash with Osgood at first as they are both polar opposites. One is aggressive, a soldier, kills her enemies, clashes with the Doctor, the other is more cerebral, looks up to the Doctor, and is quite wimpy.

However you could later have them bond over losing loved ones to the Daleks.

If they'd junked Clara after 1 year, had Osgood and Journey, focused on Sci Fi instead of PC posturing, had Robert Carlyle as the Master, and cast Adrian Lester as 13 then the show would be in a better place now. Big Grin

13Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 6th February 2019, 1:24 am

iank

iank

Freema was on some US medical drama the other week, (playing a doctor lol!) not sure if she's a regular or not.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

14Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 6th February 2019, 9:29 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Freema was on some US medical drama the other week, (playing a doctor lol!) not sure if she's a regular or not.

She is. She was also in a sci fi series called Sense 8 (where she got her kit off!) She's probably had the most consistent career of any of the modern companions post Who.

15Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 6th February 2019, 9:54 am

Boofer

Boofer

A lot of NuWho fans savaged her for her acting. I never thought she was that bad.

It was mainly female fans who couldn't cope with her love for the Doctor after their crown princess had left the show.

16Kind of missing Jenna Empty Re: Kind of missing Jenna 6th February 2019, 12:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:A lot of NuWho fans savaged her for her acting. I never thought she was that bad.

It was mainly female fans who couldn't cope with her love for the Doctor after their crown princess had left the show.

A lot of NuWho fans praised Catherine Tate. They're truly a funny bunch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum