You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite DVD animation for missing episodes?

+2
Tanmann
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Definitely The Invasion and Reign of Terror for me.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The Moonbase and The Invasion.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The Moonbase.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Moonbase one was quite stylish and creepy. Does anyone like The Ice Warriors one?

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

The Macra Terror. I also love the Moonbase/The Tenth Planet, but The Macra Terror was on a whole different level, and if a animated Doctor Who series was done by the BBC (preferably, I'd rather want a different IP like Cartoon Network or Adult Swim to animate Doctor Who), then The Macra Terror/Faceless Ones artstyle is the definitive way to go.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I don’t actually mind the Ice Warriors animation as much as some, though the Ice Warriors themselves look somewhat strange.

iank

iank

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:The Macra Terror. I also love the Moonbase/The Tenth Planet, but The Macra Terror was on a whole different level, and if a animated Doctor Who series was done by the BBC (preferably, I'd rather want a different IP like Cartoon Network or Adult Swim to animate Doctor Who), then The Macra Terror/Faceless Ones artstyle is the definitive way to go.

I have to agree. Some of the purists are having conniption fits, but I loved watching a 60s Troughton in widescreen HD colour. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:The Macra Terror. I also love the Moonbase/The Tenth Planet, but The Macra Terror was on a whole different level, and if a animated Doctor Who series was done by the BBC (preferably, I'd rather want a different IP like Cartoon Network or Adult Swim to animate Doctor Who), then The Macra Terror/Faceless Ones artstyle is the definitive way to go.

I have to agree. Some of the purists are having conniption fits, but I loved watching a 60s Troughton in widescreen HD colour. Big Grin

Where's an exploding head Emoticon when you need one?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Commander Maxil wrote:Where's an exploding head Emoticon when you need one?

Favourite DVD animation for missing episodes? Giphy_10

Last edited by Tanmann on 25th August 2019, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It sometimes looks like that when I ejaculate. Do you think I should inform my GP?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Probably.

It's not supposed to be bright red.

iank

iank

Commander Maxil wrote:
iank wrote:

Where's an exploding head Emoticon when you need one?

I feel that way about people who want a 2019 animation to be 4:3 black and white, and look like low-budget 60s telly. Why?
The result of that mentality is the Power animation... Sad

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Yeah, which was much more enjoyable than the Macra one.

iank

iank

Um... no. Power was barely watchable the first time, and I've never been able to sit through it since. Absolutely shit.
Macra was fantastic.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Yeah I was very disappointed by the poor quality of Power's animation. It felt very lazily done. Never really seemed to come alive.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:Um... no. Power was barely watchable the first time, and I've never been able to sit through it since. Absolutely shit.
Macra was fantastic.

Maybe they're putting something in your cornflakes? I reckon a slice of Toast with some tasty marmalade from now on might make you feel better again. The Macra one was shite. The only reason I bought the DVD was so that I could watch the reconstruction of the serial, the one that actually INCLUDES the rough and tumble machine scene Big Grin

iank

iank

I think it's you with something in your flakes, Maxil. Yeah, I'd much rather watch a bunch of fuzzy static photos than a lovely colour widescreen HD animation.... if I was stoned, maybe... Big Grin

The rough and tumble scene? Don't care. It's a shame but... don't care that much. The animation made me fall in love with a story I've never given a second thought to because it's missing and I cannot sit through shitty recons without falling asleep after five minutes. I'm just getting less and less precious about this shit. I just want something halfway decent, watchable and ENTERTAINING, that doesn't look like shit. LOL

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I actually eat chocolate Weetabix.  Besides, at least I can actually see what the serial looked like compared to some idiot's fake reaction of events. Having Polly's hair be short from the very beginning was the last straw for me.

iank

iank

I do think that was a mistake. Given they're removed the scene, and her hair is long in the previous and subsequent stories, seems a bit daft.
But otherwise...I just don't care that much what it originally looked like. If they found the real thing, yay. But I'd rather see a version of it that's actually watchable, regardless of whether it's particularly accurate or not.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:I think it's you with something in your flakes, Maxil. Yeah, I'd much rather watch a bunch of fuzzy static photos than a lovely colour widescreen HD animation.... if I was stoned, maybe... Big Grin

The rough and tumble scene? Don't care. It's a shame but... don't care that much. The animation made me fall in love with a story I've never given a second thought to because it's missing and I cannot sit through shitty recons without falling asleep after five minutes. I'm just getting less and less precious about this shit. I just want something halfway decent, watchable and ENTERTAINING, that doesn't look like shit. LOL

You don't care that they CUT a scene out? So if they cut out the sandstorm scene from Marco Polo on the grounds that it was "difficult to animate" you would be completely fine with it?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Commander Maxil wrote:You don't care that they CUT a scene out? So if they cut out the sandstorm scene from Marco Polo on the grounds that it was "difficult to animate" you would be completely fine with it?

iank

iank

Strawman, Maxil. It's hardly a particularly important scene. It is, as was noted, a piece of frippery. It's unfortunate they didn't have the budget to do it, but it hardly matters in the overall scheme of things.
Like I said, I'm just getting less precious about this shit. These stories are missing, and since Morris has proven to be full of shit, most likely they're never coming back. I'll take what I can get, so long as it's watchable.

iank

iank

Tanmann wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:You don't care that they CUT a scene out? So if they cut out the sandstorm scene from Marco Polo on the grounds that it was "difficult to animate" you would be completely fine with it?

LOL LOL LOL

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Should they just cut out all of the unimportant scenes on the Faceless Ones animation then? Might save them time and money, I suppose. The Invasion animation is still the best. Maybe they should get that lot back to do future projects.

iank

iank

I can't watch them. I've tried. Sleep Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum