You are not connected. Please login or register

If You Had To Live Without One Sense?

+2
iank
DeadManRising
6 posters

Which Sense Would You Live Without?

If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_lcap14%If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_lcap29%If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_lcap14%If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_lcap0%If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_lcap29%If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_lcap0%If You Had To Live Without One Sense? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 31st January 2018, 6:11 pm

Defeatment

Due to an ear infection (The drops don't seem to be working!) it's been difficult to listen to stuff.
That big twist at the end of Inside No.9? Completely wasted on me as I couldn't hear a thing or get subtitles to work!
But got me thinking, and what better place than this forum, which sense could you live without if you had to?
I'm so happy I can't hear any of the shite on the TV but would be in a dark place if I couldn't read about or see what was happening.
So I'm choosing hearing. I !Ike tastes and how things feel.
What say you, Hive?

Last edited by Defeatment on 31st January 2018, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : White hahaha)

2If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty Re: If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 31st January 2018, 8:04 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Taste.

Because I'm a fussy bastard, and having no taste would make healthy eating much less painful.

Also, sorry about your ear infection, bud. I wish you a quick recovery.

3If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty Re: If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 31st January 2018, 9:26 pm

iank

iank

Smell, I guess. Be a shame not to smell nice food, but I could live with it (esp given I could still taste it). I think that would be the only one that would not seriously impinge on my quality of life.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty Re: If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 3rd February 2018, 7:38 pm

Defeatment

Well well!
My hearing is back! Still a quiet high pitched noise but far better than it was when I made this poll and far better than it had been for weeks.
See normally an ear infection didn't worry me, but for over a week? Well that was cutting it too fine.
So great, I can now hear the TV properly again. And looking forward to coming across stuff that made me wish I was back to the last week of January!

5If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty Re: If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 4th November 2018, 6:07 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Taste is actually much more limited than most people interpret. You can - generally considered - only 'taste' five different things: the sweet; the sour; the salty; the bitter; and the savoury (or umami).

The majority of flavour is a component of your olfactory sense.

If you can remember any instance where you've had cold or flu and your nasal passage has been obstructed - you'd also recall that food would have had a very limited flavour. That's because the gaseous aspect of the food was unable to bind to the olfactory receptors, only the papillae of the oral cavity were stimulated.

That considered - my choice would be taste.

Unless you would also factor in the lesser-considered 'minor senses': equilibrioception, mechanoception, nociception, proprioception, thermoception etc.

Having an excellent sense of smell: it can be useful in ways most wouldn't even consider.

6If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty Re: If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 18th January 2019, 12:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Smell. I eat a lot of spicy stuff so it would probably be for the best LOL

7If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty Re: If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 18th January 2019, 12:56 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Sight, so I could go around feeling up women in order to get a 'full sense of how they look'.

8If You Had To Live Without One Sense? Empty Re: If You Had To Live Without One Sense? 19th January 2019, 11:20 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The common would acquiesce to sentience. Man precedes me but he conforms to the tide that is not his, mine feels not so mandatory.

Je peux peser sans fardeau.

We should be so light.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum