Genkimonk
Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 40]

551Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 25th August 2018, 1:22 am

iank

iank

Society and pop culture will continue to deteriorate until someone has the power and authority to tell these freaks to fuck off and die. Pandering to these nutjobs is a never-ending cycle of degenerate lunacy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

552Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 25th August 2018, 9:40 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Found this absolute gem on Gallifrey Reddit. I thought you guys could do with a good laugh, so here you go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/98sdfy/the_fandom_should_listen_more_to_the_doctors_last/

553Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 25th August 2018, 9:42 am

Mott1

Mott1

All the times the Doctor has mistreated the Tardis over the years - could (s)he now be accused of wife battering?

As for the 'all change is good' argument in the Reddit forum - they can tell that to all the people in Britain's banks & retail industry who've lost their jobs this year...

554Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 26th August 2018, 3:54 pm

Zarius

Zarius

555Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 26th August 2018, 8:21 pm

Zarius

Zarius

https://twitter.com/JR_Southall/status/1033742812284706816

Apparently this might not be the case, the press launch for the series is scheduled for September 24th.

556Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 2:12 am

shan164

557Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 2:38 am

tardis

tardis

I couldn’t even get half way through it. It made me think about the sexism that Moffat invented the First Doctor of manifesting in the tradegy that was “Twice Upon a Time”.

558Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 4:55 am

shan164

The best stuff is invariably in the comments. Lots of people have very well-reasoned and sensible points to make in general on articles. Obviously, not all of them.

559Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 8:41 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

shan164 wrote:New article from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/27/the-bolshie-brilliant-history-of-the-women-of-doctor-who

Have at it, fellow members of the board!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

They still haven't answered my burning question of if these people care so much about female heroes why are they focusing their energy and time on DW?

Its a male led show. GET OVER IT!

At the end of the day they can bleat on about imaginary sexism all they want, but this will always come over as nothing but wanting to take a role away from men. Why else do they focus all of their time on trying to feminise male led series than either creating or even just bringing attention to the existing female led series that are out there, from Once Upon A Time, to Buffy, to Xena, to Charmed, to The Heroic Trio, to The Dead and the Deadly, to Nikita, to the Bionic Woman. Ask the likes of Claudia Boleyn, Mr Tardis, Whovian Feminism and the idiot behind this article to name you 10 female heroes or 10 female villains and I reckon they couldn't do it without google.

Yet we are supposed to believe that they care so much about seeing female heroes on the small and big screen? They're frauds, liars, bigots and bullies and its sad to see so many DW fans be such cucks that they stick to this absurd "its all about change" argument to delude themselves from the sad truth that their favourite show is dying and its their fault for spinelessly handing it over to a bunch of spoiled brats because they didn't want to be seen as sad gits.

560Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 8:54 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The Guardian nauseates me, how this abominable paper has ever been regarded as quality journalism is beyond me.

Honestly, this whole moral war reminds me of how disingenuous the concept is. There are two kinds of moral investments (where one subscribes to and fights for a moral cause)- the legitimate, where the desired effect will be onto oneself or the people in their social group (that they care about, hence); and the illegitimate, where the investment is a lie used to raise the self and affirm. Neither are by any means selfless or super-moral, benevolent as they are made out.

561Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 9:04 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Some gems from the article.

When the show returned in 2005, it was impossible for writers as talented as Russell T Davies, Steven Moffat, Paul Cornell and Rob Shearman not to broaden the scope..

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Broaden the scope in what way? To turn the Doctor from a unique character to a third rate version of Xena and Angel (not that I'd expect the author Jennie Colgan to have watched Xena as its a female led show, so she couldn't whine and bitch about how horrible it is for starring a man.)

Then there is this.

The way Davies saw it, having someone travel the universe with Billie Piper and not find her attractive was far more unlikely than, for example, an alien pig crashing a spaceship into Big Ben.

What an insult to the classic era companions! And also to Freema Agyeman.

Series 11 - Page 23 Z

After all, a mild sense of the absurd, intellectual vanity and insatiable curiosity are not notably gendered characteristics. The cultural historian Matthew Sweet sees it differently. “In 2018, I reckon (the Doctor) has urgent work to do. Male anger and self-pity seem to be among the most powerful and dangerous forces in the world: I’d like to see the Doctor tackling that – or at least offering us an escape from it. And I’d like to see her channel a bit of maternal energy, too. In fiction, Doctor Who can sort everything out. In real life, it’s more likely to be your mum.”

All I can say to Matthew Sweet is.

PS I don't think that its the most sensitive thing in the world to go on about male self pity when you know suicide is the leading cause of death among young men.

And, from the one or two tantalising details we have seen so far of Jodie exclaiming: “Oh brilliant,” the new Doctor looks to be firmly in this mould. Of course, like most feminists on hearing the news, the first thing I wanted to know was: would the new Doctor’s outfit have pockets? #Pockets immediately started trending on social media as soon as the new costume was revealed: thankfully, it has plenty of space for a Time Lord on the move (plus a bum bag for tampons).

These people are like 15 year olds, so obsessed with sex its embarrassing.

562Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 9:31 am

iank

iank

What is there to say?
That Sweet prat is cucked beyond belief. And as for the rest of them... Fuck.

Just die already, New Poo. You're a fucking embarrassment, as are all the clothheaded cunts wanking themselves over it.

563Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 1:42 pm

shan164

"The way Davies saw it, having someone travel the universe with Billie Piper and not find her attractive ..."

Now, you see ... there was a film called The Gods Must be Crazy. If you're not familiar with it, long story about an African tribesman who has to find the end of the world to throw a Coke bottle off it but that's not important right now.

In one scene, having travelled far from his tribe on his journey, he meets the first white woman he has ever seen.

Who looked like the image below.

But the voice-over (coming from the point of view of the character) described her as "The ugliest woman he'd ever seen". Because from the context of his entire life, he'd never seen anything like here and she was completely and utterly alien to his cultural experience - and full of attributes through no fault of her own that were at complete variance to what he'd grown up learning were attractive. See where I'm going with this?

Series 11 - Page 23 Sandra_Prinsloo

564Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 5:05 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

With the Doctor's sexuality I'd say the most apt interpretation would be that he is solely attracted to other Time Lords.
The only real evidence for his sexuality in Classic Who (the proper template) are in his relationship with Romana, and in that he has a 'grand-daughter'. I largely assume Susan to be adopted rather than a biological grand-daughter, but I do figure that he had a sexual relationship with Romana.
As to why he would seem to have been attracted only to Time Lords when they physically seem to resemble Human Beings exactly, I'd guess that it has something to do with age and/or intelligence.

565Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 7:14 pm

shan164

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:With the Doctor's sexuality I'd say the most apt interpretation would be that he is solely attracted to other Time Lords.
The only real evidence for his sexuality in Classic Who (the proper template) are in his relationship with Romana, and in that he has a 'grand-daughter'. I largely assume Susan to be adopted rather than a biological grand-daughter, but I do figure that he had a sexual relationship with Romana.
As to why he would seem to have been attracted only to Time Lords when they physically seem to resemble Human Beings exactly, I'd guess that it has something to do with age and/or intelligence.

Well, if nothing else, the chemistry between Tom Baker and Lalla Ward was practically melting the screen here.

566Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 7:53 pm

Mott1

Mott1

iank wrote:Society and pop culture will continue to deteriorate until someone has the power and authority to tell these freaks to fuck off and die. Pandering to these nutjobs is a never-ending cycle of degenerate lunacy.

But Ian... it'll get worse before it gets better...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45329067

567Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 8:34 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:With the Doctor's sexuality I'd say the most apt interpretation would be that he is solely attracted to other Time Lords.

I don't view it as being that Time Lords are asexual or only attracted to other Time Lords personally. Susan fell in love with David, The Master fucked Ingrid Pitt, and Leela, a human woman, eloped with a time lord. They clearly can be attracted to humans and not to get into the gruesome details but their genitals are clearly compatible with ours!

IMO the Doctor is just not really interested in romance more because of his personality rather than because he is an alien.

I always saw it as being that the Doctor had a family back on Gallifrey who died in an accident of some kind. Why else is Susan in his care? If her parents were still alive would he really take her away from them? Also whenever he goes back why doesn't he go and see his children? Even if they were on bad terms you'd think they would want to know what happened to Susan? Remember that so many of his returns to Gallifrey are big public events, so its not like they wouldn't know he came back. Plus the only time he talks about them at all, its in past tense in Tomb of the Cybermen.

IMO they died, and he took Susan in and then decided to explore the universe which he had probably been wanting to do for years, but like a lot of people he put his dreams to the side to provide for his family.

By the time we meet the Doctor he has already lived a full normal life, and now he is simply interested in exploring. This is why the Doctor should also always be written as an older more mature character IMO, like in the famous scene where he comforts Victoria in Tomb of the Cybermen.

He's lived through all the hardships of life, dealt with the worst losses. Having him not being able to cope with loss like David Tennant and Matt Smith is terrible and doesn't match the wise old alien we saw in old who.

Another reason we never see him fall in love with his companions is because they are often very young and clearly surrogate replacement figures for Susan (and possibly his real daughter too) like Vicki, Zoe, Jo etc.

TL DR IMO the Doctor isn't interested in romance because he is A/ like Sherlock Holmes IE more interested in his work, B/ like Peter Cushing, will never get over his first wife and family that he lost, and C/ is more like a dad to most of the young women he travels with.

568Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 8:40 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I might like to add that whilst I don't have anything against Billie Piper, Rose  is the last person that the Doctor should find attractive.

Rose who was meant to be 19 when she first meets the Doctor, is exactly the type of person that the Doctor should look on as a grand daughter figure, or a replacement for Susan.

Having him want to shag her is like having him want to fuck Zoe, Vicki, Jo and Ace. Whilst I don't think romance is really something that works with the character of the Doctor, they didn't even try and make it fit.

(PS Big Finish added a really creepy aspect to the Doctor and Rose's relationship, by revealing that Susan's name back on Gallifrey was Rose!)

569Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 28th August 2018, 8:46 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:

I don't view it as being that Time Lords are asexual or only attracted to other Time Lords personally. Susan fell in love with David, The Master fucked Ingrid Pitt, and Leela, a human woman, eloped with a time lord. They clearly can be attracted to humans and not to get into the gruesome details but their genitals are clearly compatible with ours!

IMO the Doctor is just not really interested in romance more because of his personality rather than because he is an alien.

I always saw it as being that the Doctor had a family back on Gallifrey who died in an accident of some kind. Why else is Susan in his care? If her parents were still alive would he really take her away from them? Also whenever he goes back why doesn't he go and see his children? Even if they were on bad terms you'd think they would want to know what happened to Susan? Remember that so many of his returns to Gallifrey are big public events, so its not like they wouldn't know he came back. Plus the only time he talks about them at all, its in past tense in Tomb of the Cybermen.

IMO they died, and he took Susan in and then decided to explore the universe which he had probably been wanting to do for years, but like a lot of people he put his dreams to the side to provide for his family.

By the time we meet the Doctor he has already lived a full normal life, and now he is simply interested in exploring. This is why the Doctor should also always be written as an older more mature character IMO, like in the famous scene where he comforts Victoria in Tomb of the Cybermen.

He's lived through all the hardships of life, dealt with the worst losses. Having him not being able to cope with loss like David Tennant and Matt Smith is terrible and doesn't match the wise old alien we saw in old who.

Another reason we never see him fall in love with his companions is because they are often very young and clearly surrogate replacement figures for Susan (and possibly his real daughter too) like Vicki, Zoe, Jo etc.

TL DR IMO the Doctor isn't interested in romance because he is A/ like Sherlock Holmes IE more interested in his work, B/ like Peter Cushing, will never get over his first wife and family that he lost, and C/ is more like a dad to most of the young women he travels with.

I was speaking specifically about the Doctor, rather than all time lords - assuming he's unique over the counterexamples in age and/or intelligence. Both factors suggesting decreased attraction on a similar basis that Humans significantly above another in either of those regards may see that other endowed with 'childlike' qualities. Perhaps this is incongruous with something I'm missing - the examples you gave are fine regardless.

With Susan I have a fairly detailed explanation of her origin that I used as the basis of a story. I'm not going to share that here but it makes my unique head-canon.

571Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 30th August 2018, 7:05 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Ah, yes. The same chick who flat out said that she watches a lot of Classic Who at 1.5x speed.

572Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 30th August 2018, 8:08 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It's written like a dreary fantasy novel.

A couple of extracts from the book:
"There was once a young woman with the fate of the universe in her hands"
"Once upon a time, a woman knew the Doctor's secrets"

Also, what's with the cover? Not one classic woman on there.

573Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 30th August 2018, 10:31 pm

iank

iank

What is with the promotion of complete talentless twats these days? And who exactly do they think is going to buy such tripe, other than her media mates?

574Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd September 2018, 2:35 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Alex Kingston is here to tell us all about gay Time Lords. Gee remember when people said this would be used by the sensationalist papers to make a bunch of cheap, lurid headlines? Oh how wrong we were.

Alex Kingston on Gay Time Lords.

575Series 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd September 2018, 10:33 pm

iank

iank

You can't parody this joke program anymore. It's a complete and utter laughing stock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum