Genkimonk
Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 40]

201Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 25th June 2018, 10:26 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I feel ambivalent about it. One the one hand, the atmosphere was nice and creepy which really set it apart from what has gone before. On the other hand, Jodie's comedic bits and delivery of her jokes left me cold. As long as they keep the tone consistent, I think it could be bearable but that's a big 'if'.

202Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 25th June 2018, 10:28 pm

iank

iank

Looks positively painful. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

203Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 25th June 2018, 10:57 pm

DogStar2000

DeadManRising wrote:

Very little to go on from just a short 52 second clip, but that honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The characterisation seems okay. And her perfomance, while nothing special, doesn't seem that particularly bad either based purely on what I can see here.

It's a long shot, but maybe I might actually end up liking Jodie more than Tennant or Eccleston. Shocked

Queen Angvia wrote:Ye Gods, I almost enjoyed that clip! What's happened to me?

DeadManRising wrote:I know, right? I almost feel guilty for not disliking this.

I feel.... I feel like... I feel like I might be warming up to the idea of a female Doctor...

You are all turning into a bunch of fucking soy-boys, it might be something they are putting the water or milk so I'm not drinking any anymore even if I die because of it! lol!

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

204Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 25th June 2018, 11:09 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Looks like the standard wacky new who garbage to me? I don't get what the big deal was. I'm not saying it was terrible beyond comprehension. It was well nothing really.

I fail to see how it's any more "wacky" than Tom Baker's Doctor karate chopping a brick in half while dressing up as a clown and a viking. I fail to see how it's any more wacky than Peter Davison's Doctor doing extremely cringe worthy impressions of William Hartnell.

Not only that, but... for some weird reason... when I finally saw Jodie's Doctor in action... I actually COULD take her seriously and I actually COULD see her as the Doctor. I was expecting I would not be able to take her seriously at all, since the Doctor has been male for over 54 years. But I honestly didn't experience that at all for some reason.

I feel like I've turned a massive corner as a Doctor Who fan...

205Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 25th June 2018, 11:33 pm

iank

iank

lol I couldn't. I just cringe and laugh simultaneously. The whole thing's a massive joke.

206Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 3:25 am

Boofer

Boofer

Doesn't look up to it, acting-wise.

207Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 11:34 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

208Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 11:35 am

Zarius

Zarius

DogStar2000 wrote:
DeadManRising wrote:

Very little to go on from just a short 52 second clip, but that honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The characterisation seems okay. And her perfomance, while nothing special, doesn't seem that particularly bad either based purely on what I can see here.

It's a long shot, but maybe I might actually end up liking Jodie more than Tennant or Eccleston. Shocked

Queen Angvia wrote:Ye Gods, I almost enjoyed that clip! What's happened to me?

DeadManRising wrote:I know, right? I almost feel guilty for not disliking this.

I feel.... I feel like... I feel like I might be warming up to the idea of a female Doctor...

You are all turning into a bunch of fucking soy-boys, it might be something they are putting the water or milk so I'm not drinking any anymore even if I die because of it! lol!

I've went 29 years without drinking any milk LOL

209Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 1:15 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Rawkuss wrote:Levine is predictably unimpressed https://twitter.com/IanLevine/status/1011537679048232960

This Ian Levine fellow seems rather stubborn and closed minded if you ask me.

He hasn't even bothered to watch the clip, and yet he's calling it terrible just because a few of his dumb friends apparently told him "it was worse than The Twin Dilemma" (even though The Twin Dilemma isn't actually that bad)

If you ask me, all these disgruntled Classic Who fans that just blindly hate everything that NuWho does are no better than the dumb fucking sheep that herald every NuWho episode as a five star classic.

210Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 1:50 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I fail to see how it's any more "wacky" than Tom Baker's Doctor karate chopping a brick in half while dressing up as a clown and a viking. I fail to see how it's any more wacky than Peter Davison's Doctor doing extremely cringe worthy impressions of William Hartnell.

Not only that, but... for some weird reason... when I finally saw Jodie's Doctor in action... I actually COULD take her seriously and I actually COULD see her as the Doctor. I was expecting I would not be able to take her seriously at all, since the Doctor has been male for over 54 years. But I honestly didn't experience that at all for some reason.

I feel like I've turned a massive corner as a Doctor Who fan...

50 seconds of her giving some exposition and apparently all is okay? The wrecking of the Masters character? The wrecking of the first Doctor? The anti men remarks? The awful costume? The fact that the Doctor basically changed gender because he wants the future to be all female? The vicious slandering of the fans as sexist manbabies (I just got told BTW to never watch DW again because its not for closed minded sexist pieces of filth like me on youtube for not liking this clip LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL )

Remember all of that was simply so we could get to this. Is it really worth all of that?

The clip wasn't terrible per se, but it was hardly anything special. Obviously no one has said that a woman couldn't do Doctorish things or play a character like the Doctor. Hell I even said that I would have 0 problems with a remake of DW where he was a woman. Might actually have been quite fun to do a story where Doctors from all over the multiverse come together to stop a threat to every universe, and we see some alternate versions who are women.

Its just that this version of him in this continuity, suddenly being turned into a woman, and it being rewritten that he was genderless from the start, no matter how hard they play it, seems silly and out of place.

Does she really seem like Jon Pertwee, or William Hartnell? And what are they going to have her not act like a woman, but a man in a woman's body? Why bother then in the first place?

And yes not knowing whether you are a man or a woman is far sillier than Tom mocking about. Personally I think most men would notice if they suddenly had no dick, a big pair of boobs, and suddenly spoke in a feminine voice.

IMO no matter how hard they try a female Doctor is still going to come off as this.

How could it not? He's been forcibly changed against his will like these characters.

I do admit though, (it would be stupid if I didn't), that we are obviously biased because we HATE the cunts behind this.

Still I like to think that I can be fair. I mean Joss Whedon is an SJW dickhead and I LOVE his work. Graham Linehan is an SJW dickhead who even called me personally a Gammon, yet his work is obviously brilliant too. I've even written articles praising his work, and would never dream of not watching Father Ted because I hate him.

After this at best Jodie to me seems average, but the fact that she is a woman is a big hurdle (simply because the Doctor is a male character) that she probably won't overcome because as Boofer says she doesn't have the acting chops.

I mean hey if you can still enjoy your favourite show that's great. Its better I think to do that than toss out all of your old classic who DVDs, which sadly some other fans have done, but IMO Jodie is more like Leanne Battersby from Coronation Street than Tom Baker.

211Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 2:14 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

50 seconds of her giving some exposition and apparently all is okay? The wrecking of the Masters character? The wrecking of the first Doctor? The anti men remarks? The awful costume? The fact that the Doctor basically changed gender because he wants the future to be all female? The vicious slandering of the fans as sexist manbabies.

I... never said any of those things were okay. You're kind of putting words into my mouth here, dude. All I said was now that I've seen Jodie in action as the Doctor I no longer have any difficulty imagining a female playing the Doctor now and I can actually take it seriously. THAT'S IT.

I still hate 90% of NuWho, I still think Series 11 will most likely turn out to be poorly written garbage and I'll most likely end up hating Jodie's incarnation of the Doctor as a result of said writing.    

Its just that this version of him in this continuity, suddenly being turned into a woman, and it being rewritten that he was genderless from the start, no matter how hard they play it, seems silly and out of place.

I agree. Retconning the Time Lords into being gender neutral right from the start even though in the Classic Series they clearly weren't is absolute bullshit. They should have used a more lore friendly and plausible method to justify Time Lord regeneration suddenly being able to alter gender without destroying the show's mythos.

And yes not knowing whether you are a man or a woman is far sillier than Tom mocking about. Personally I think most men would notice if they suddenly had no dick, a big pair of boobs, and suddenly spoke in a feminine voice.

Is it really? Is the 5th Doctor temporarily thinking he's William Hartnell's Doctor for a brief moment due to post regeneration trauma REALLY that big of a stretch over the 13th Doctor temporarily forgetting she's a woman after being a man for over 2000 years? I really feel like you're just nitpicking here, dude.    

IMO no matter how hard they try a female Doctor is still going to come off as this.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and wait till Series 11 then.

212Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 2:24 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Is it really? Is the 5th Doctor temporarily thinking he's William Hartnell's Doctor for a brief moment due to post regeneration trauma REALLY that big of a stretch over the 13th Doctor temporarily forgetting she's a woman after being a man for over 2000 years? I really feel like you're just nitpicking here, dude.

Well to be fair my main point wasn't that it was so terrible because its silly, more just that its not really anything different, except now that its a woman and the character is a man, makes it hard to connect with the old version.

TBF I never liked the post regeneration crisis thing anyway. One of the few good things Moff did was ditch it in Matt's first story. (Though he went back to it in a worse way with Capaldi OOOOOOOOHHHHHH I'M SCOTTISH, I'M SCOTTISH OOOOOOHHHH")

In all fairness though I think McCoy's was the worst when he played the spoons off of Kate O'Mara's tits.

I don't think Davison's was that bad? He has amnesia so he goes back to thinking he is Hartnell. What's so wrong about that?

213Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 8:12 pm

Rick Deckard 2.0

Rick Deckard 2.0

Just watched the clip.

She seems to be doing a mashup between Tennant and Smith. Looks to be more of the same, no breath of fresh air.

Evil or Very Mad Still not liking the Docs a lass.

214Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 11:25 pm

iank

iank

If anyone still cares, Who's new composer has been announced:

Segun Akinola. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/6e908208-0ebe-4a2d-bcba-16f3c3a47032

215Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 26th June 2018, 11:54 pm

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

iank wrote:If anyone still cares, Who's new composer has been announced:

Segun Akinola. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/6e908208-0ebe-4a2d-bcba-16f3c3a47032

I already mentioned this on a separate thread.

216Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 27th June 2018, 12:53 am

iank

iank

Sorry, didn't see it.

218Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 1st July 2018, 10:56 pm

iank

iank

lols

219Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 1st July 2018, 11:12 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

As much as I love seeing the feminist pandering abomination that is the 13th Doctor getting snubbed and left out, is it not because there simply isn't room for her? 12 months 12 Doctors after all?

220Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 1st July 2018, 11:38 pm

iank

iank

You'd still think they'd want to promote the new Doctor in a 2019 calendar, though, surely?!

221Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd July 2018, 6:12 am

shan164

Could be worse, you could be banished from Amazon International like the whole of Australia. As of July 1st, 2018 they will not deliver to us at all. Just got the second last of my purchases delivered today, one more on the way (bought in June so they made it past the cut-off date).

222Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd July 2018, 1:42 pm

Mott1

Mott1

No room for Jodie as the 13th incarnation!? Even calendars are sexist these days - perhaps they could put her in instead of that guy with the funny scarf.

223Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd July 2018, 2:53 pm

Zarius

Zarius

iank wrote:You'd still think they'd want to promote the new Doctor in a 2019 calendar, though, surely?!

I don't see why they can't create two calenders, one with 12 months worth of publicity photos of Jodie, and one with the first 12 Doctors.

224Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd July 2018, 4:20 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Either that or stick another trailer for her in the middle of the next football match they show... plenty of World Cup matches left yet!

225Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd July 2018, 7:14 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum