Adam Ant Driver
Mr Seta
Mike
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

iank

iank

I didn't know historicals had ever gone away...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

What if Whittaker isn't playing the first female Doctor at all?

What if the Doctor's body changes sex, but 'he' still identifies as a man?

That way Jodie becomes the first female actress to play the role and the first trans Doctor! LOL

If Chibnall is willing to go with a female Doctor, then surely he's up for doubling his diversity points with the BBC top brass?

Very Happy

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:What if Whittaker isn't playing the first female Doctor at all?

What if the Doctor's body changes sex, but 'he' still identifies as a man?

That way Jodie becomes the first female actress to play the role and the first trans Doctor!  LOL

If Chibnall is willing to go with a female Doctor, then surely he's up for doubling his diversity points with the BBC top brass?

Very Happy

This is exactly the problem I have with a female Doctor.

How are they actually going to write her or play her?

IMO the pro female Doctor advocates never thought that far ahead.

Is Jodie going to play the Doctor as a man trapped in a woman's body in which case what was the point in the first place? All this fuss of "oh my god she's such a great opportunity for a female hero" and actually no she is going to have to act like a dude LOL

Or are they just going to ignore all previous Doctors and write her as a totally female character in which case its kind of stupid.

Meanwhile they can't actually write her as a trans character. In no way are they comparable. Trans people WANT to change gender, feel as though they were born in the wrong body and change to be the gender they feel comfortable in.

So she's the complete opposite of that. They can't exactly have her not notice being a woman either. Are Time Lords Sontarans? Did the Doctor think Amy Pond was a bloke?

Again I still say why not just bring back Romana and half an actual trans character be the Doctors companion? That way everybody wins in terms of having a character represent them (and hey people who don't care about representation but think its a silly idea don't hvae the show ruined for them?)

From their own perspective they've shot themselves in the foot too.

Zarius

Zarius

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:

Fantastic video.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The Doctor refutes Bill's suggestion in Smile that he gets double portions cos he's a bloke by explaining that the bots register him as having two hearts which makes Bill look a bit silly, in my opinion. So he has shorn that particular one of context in order to make a point.

I think he had some good examples, such as the "I'll slap you so hard you will regenerate," joke. His point there is actually aided by context as she slaps him a lot in series 8 and that is disgraceful from Moffat.

Overall, that vid is a very mixed bag. Some good points, some not so good. I wonder why he stops at third wave feminism, though?

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor

burrunjor

Yes and I like Neil Perryman's response below. I thought Neil was a bit of a self loathing fanboy at first but I misjudged him. He seems to more be impartial and slagging off the nutters on both sides which is fair enough.

Mr Tardis still annoys me though the way he claimed to be impartial, but only goes after the people who don't want it.

iank

iank

Another giant CUNT.
Any criticism of anything related to women - no matter how minor, or how justified - is always sexist.

What a crock of shameless CUNTERY.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The New "It Begins" thread- Without the BS of cabbageboy and Mike - Page 4 2nb61l4

iank

iank

lol As stupid as a petition is, the notion that anyone with a contrary opinion is a bigot just makes Shearman an equally retarded, uphimself CUNT.
Fuck you, CUNT.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr. Happy wrote:The New "It Begins" thread- Without the BS of cabbageboy and Mike - Page 4 2nb61l4

Robert Shearman's response was far more pathetic than the petition.

I haven't bothered with the petition for the record. Its pointless and going to have 0 influence, but only in the way that ALL petitions are pointless (like the one feminists set up to get Moffat fired from the show.)

Still for Shearman to call the people who set it up as a sexist is ignorant.

Why did this logic never apply to the people who wanted a female Doctor? They were the people who couldn't stand an original MALE character staying male to the point where they wrote articles, slandered and ruined a guys reputation, made youtube videos and shouted down anyone who disagreed with them as bigots.

In their case the makers of the show DID write the show, and cast the show based on what bigots online like Whovian Feminism wanted (and I call her a misandrist because she has openly said misandrist things on her twitter page like "ban all men" dozens of times.)

Funny how Robert Shearman wasn't complaining about that?

The reason is because he is a pathetic, miserable coward. He knows that the people who set up that petition won't actually tar him as a sexist, and possibly ruin his career and reputation.

The feminists however have form for this, both within and outside of Doctor Who.

So Robert Shearman like the pathetic coward he is attacks the very people his livelihood depended on back in the 90s and 00s to virtue signal to the "true fans".

I really wish Leonard Nimoy had revived it in the 90s instead of the obnoxious, Fitrzoy tavern cunts.

Even if his ideas had been shit ( and lets be honest they couldn't have been worse, never mind as bad) At least he wouldn't have been a pompous, obnoxious cunt about it.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

What are Steven Moffat’s Desert Island Doctor Whos – and why did Matt Smith “punch his pillow in frustration”?
In part three of our exclusive interview, the showrunner reveals the highs and lows of his tenure – and why he never approached JK Rowling

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-12-10/doctor-who-steven-moffat-interview-matt-smith/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum