Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

226Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 14th June 2017, 12:50 pm

Zarius

Zarius

227Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 17th June 2017, 10:24 pm

Zarius

Zarius

GB sources claim there's a trick with liquid that Moffat has recycled from his recent Sherlock episode ''The Lying Detective''. I know exactly what this is referring to, the memory altering drugs Culverton Smith uses after he confesses to his friends and ''daughter'' that he wants to kill someone

228Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 18th June 2017, 1:12 pm

Defeatment

Well this isn't going to win some in here back! I thought it was funny and if anything shows why a female Doctor won't work.
https://youtu.be/h9z9C8FOKvg

229Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 18th June 2017, 2:05 pm

Zarius

Zarius

230Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 20th June 2017, 10:13 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Apparently the pre-credits have been left off preview copies of the episode...rumours on GB are that the regeneration kicks off in the teaser, with the bulk of the next two episods explaining how he got there, and then the new Doctor will be shown at the end of ''The Doctor Falls'', but not heard until the end of the Christmas special because that will be some kind of Circular Time rip-off.

Also, apparently there's wiggle room for Simm to appear more beyond this finale because Missy is revealed as a far-future incarnatio

231Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 20th June 2017, 10:53 pm

iank

iank

I suppose it's a way around the inevitable tonal clash of a regeneration (essentially the death of that particular incarnation) and a Christmas episode...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

232Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 20th June 2017, 11:48 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Here's one that'll make you shit brix:

Michelle Gomez is the next Doctor.

233Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 21st June 2017, 12:09 am

iank

iank

lol

234Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 24th June 2017, 8:05 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Moffat confimed they haven't even finished filming the finale yet

235Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 26th June 2017, 4:42 pm

Zarius

Zarius

236Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 26th June 2017, 8:02 pm

Boofer

Boofer

According to that we might be getting Bradley before the Xmas special. I felt it in my bones. Maybe I'm wrong though..

KRIS FUCKING MARSHALL - AGAIN!

Give me Richard Ayoade any day!

237Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 27th June 2017, 6:53 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Filming of the special leaked on Twitter today. Appears to be Bradley and Capaldi, but image is very blurry

Series 10 - Page 10 1498579080379

238Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 27th June 2017, 10:04 pm

Boofer

Boofer

You sure that isn't Kris Marshall and Helena Bonham Carter? Wink Wink Wink

239Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 4:42 pm

Zarius

Zarius

240Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 6:02 pm

Zarius

Zarius

More photos dfrom location filming

https://twitter.com/GeorgeBaker47/status/879798145999405056

Definitely looks like it's based around World War One

241Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 7:18 pm

Zarius

Zarius

LOLCONSEQUENCES

Series 10 - Page 10 Wityq1

242Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 8:15 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Zarius wrote:LOLCONSEQUENCES

Series 10 - Page 10 Wityq1

Fucks sake.

243Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 8:36 pm

Defeatment

What? Leo Sayer's lost a bit of weight!
*Denial mode

244Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 10:20 pm

iank

iank

What? Am I missing something?

245Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 10:26 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Bill survives.

246Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 10:41 pm

Defeatment

*tears off mask to play Devil's Advocate

What if instead of the First World War this is actually some sort of internal No Man's Land and Bill is a ghost of a memory?
Or maybe she does survive next week. I'm going with the first one and will take a temporary ban if I'm wrong.
Huge middle finger her appearance is.

247Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 11:10 pm

iank

iank

Oh, right.
I never really expected otherwise, tbh.

248Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 11:22 pm

Boofer

Boofer

"“World Enough & Time” was a strong finale opener, setting the stage for what should be a spectacular last tour for the current team.

Following a brief pre-title detour, we pick back up a little while after the cliffhanger. The Master and Missy have the Doctor seemingly right where they want him: powerless and working out the best way to finish their archenemy. While the Cybermen are preparing to rise up and upgrade the world.

While this is how the episode starts though, as with Moffat’s last finale “Hell Bent”, “The Doctor Falls” decides to shift direction and take a different path not long after. Instead, the apocalyptic nightmare is shifted in favour of a sedate countryside setting and things slow down to become more of a “Magnificent Seven” homage. Only with Cybermen invading a small settlement instead of bandits, while our heroes fend them off. In Doctor Who terms, “The Time of the Doctor” seems a rather apt comparison.

Marketed and teased as a big “Two Masters” finale, this is where the episode may start to feel a bit deceptive for fans. This is not really the Master/Doctor showdown for the TV ages many will be expecting, so best moderate those expectations accordingly. While the evil duo appear in several key moments, they just don’t contribute a great deal to the main plot after the opening because of the focal shift.

It’s a shame, especially in Simm’s case after 7 years away and spending the majority of his first episode under prosthetics. Simm and Gomez are still very good in the moments they have. But it’s hard not to feel a bit disappointed with how they are actually used here after their brilliant opening scenes have passed. They feel a bit too peripheral in the end considering they’re the poster advertisement. And if this is the end for the pair, it feels a tad unceremonious.

One of the absolute positives of the episode is Peter Capaldi. After being a little sidelined last week, Capaldi’s role as the Doctor is given more limelight. And quite right too as this is his penultimate ever episode. As revealed in the pre-title scene last week, he is a weakened Doctor on his very last legs. It’s saddening to see and Capaldi gives one of his strongest performances in his tenure, comfortably sitting alongside “Heaven Sent”.

Bill’s was left in an equally tragic position last time we saw her, as a newly converted Cyberman. This doesn’t quite mean we’ve quite seen the last of Pearl Mackie though. There’s a clever (if familiar) method Moffat uses to allow a way for Mackie to give a more human performance to her horrible predicament. Bill’s ultimate fate will very likely prove to be divisive though. It’s hard to say much without giving it all away, but all we’ll say is, it’s everything you’d expect from Moffat. Read into that what you will. Some will love it, the rest not so much.

Nardole too sees a little more of the action (quite literally). There’s nothing that really breaks him out from what he has been doing for the majority of this run, but there’s a few nice little touches. He catches the eye of guest star Samatha Spiro who plays the kindly Hazran (and no, those rumours about her character are not true).

Of course we haven’t really mentioned the Cybermen. While you get to see a fair bit of them (and from several eras, right up to present design), they only really exist to show up in a few skirmishes and essentially are little more than cannon fodder. There’s a fair amount of action (directed competently again by Rachel Talalay) in this half compared to the more horror-based nature of last week.

In conclusion, “The Doctor Falls” is another finale that unfortunately can’t quite live up to its opening half. While the episode contains some brilliant moments, classic even in some cases, it doesn’t all gel into a perfectly satisfying whole, and is let down by some questionable writing choices at times."

249Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 28th June 2017, 11:23 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Sounds like dogshit.

250Series 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Series 10 29th June 2017, 1:33 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-the-doctor-falls-finale-advance-review-85650.htm

Advanced review of the finale. Highlights include;

1. Masters don't really do squat and are underused.

2. Cybermen go from horror to just stomping action.

3. Bill likely comes back by usuall Moffat style. I'm guessing something to do with the blackhole.

4. Doesn't really fit together, some questionable writing decisions and falls flat compared to the first part.

Kinda expected this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum