REDACTED
Tanmann
Ludders
burrunjor
stengos
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Old Hive vs New Hive

Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 4:50 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:It’s not about intelligence as such. We all have different life experiences that make us who we are.
Being able to admit your inadequacies is a good quality to have. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but all I can say is that I wish I had the confidence, self-knowledge and emotional intelligence that I have now, 30/40 years ago. It would’ve saved me years of battling depression and low self-esteem. I spent at least 10 years or more trapped in denial before i gained the courage to start admitting and dealing with my mental health issues. So if I come across as someone who thinks he’s got it all sussed, well that only applies to what works for me. But it doesn’t mean I haven’t been through any shit to get where i am in terms of being in a good place, mentally. And sometimes when you feel like you’ve got somewhere, it makes you want to pass in what bit of wisdom you might have attained. If that sometimes comes across patronising or a bit smug, then I apologise, it’s not meant to.
I can take the piss sometimes, but it’s only meant to be fun, not to be a cunt.
Also, i was a top wanker for years. I’ve earned my stripes. Lol
Don’t worry- you didn’t come across as patronising at all.  Sorry to hear of your negative experiences regardless, and I’m glad to hear that you’re mentally in a better place now. Mental health issues are never a nice thing.

Yeah- I guess my lack of experience is what I mean when I refer to a lack of intelligence. I should have probably phrased it better.  Although I endorse what I said about coming to terms with one’s inadequacies- it provides a means of listening to those more experienced than ourselves and allowing ourselves to advance emotionally and intellectually. If I come across as overly flexible in some of my posts in terms of how I interpret something or what I think of something, whether it be political, artistic or philosophical, it’s down to me listening to others and considering what they have said as opposed to changing my views for the sake of it. It’s best to maintain an open mind, though also remain objective when necessary and assess what one is being told. To clarify, I don’t endorse the postmodernist theory that truth is flexible, as such a philosophy defies the purpose of genuine knowledge and moronically presumes that objectivity and subjectivity are equal.

Anyway, enough of my waffling. Smile

27Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 8:04 pm

REDACTED

Just finished the Rob and Rani saga and decided to move onto Sparacus. This should be fun! Big Grin

28Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 8:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

"Sparacus, you are not Derren Brown. You are hardly even Mystic Meg."

29Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 8:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I love Sparacus Big Grin

30Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 8:42 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ve still not actually seen the Sparacus ones. I probably should do soon. Smile

31Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 8:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I think he recast Ben Chatham a few years back.

32Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 28th September 2019, 6:41 pm

REDACTED

33Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 29th September 2019, 1:35 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Bernard Marx wrote:
Mercury wrote:I feel a bit dumb asking this, but who is this Rani?
From what I’m aware, a member of the original Hive forum who frequently engaged in debates/trolling sessions with Rob Filth. From what I’ve read, he was the only member of the old Hive who avidly defended New Who and especially RTD’s era. You’ll find some animated renditions of their debates on YouTube (just type in ‘Rob and Rani’ and you’ll find them)- they were how I discovered the forum in the first place.

ToiletLunchDweller was an avid NuWho fan until Whitaker was announced.

34Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 29th September 2019, 1:46 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Rawkuss wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Mercury wrote:I feel a bit dumb asking this, but who is this Rani?
From what I’m aware, a member of the original Hive forum who frequently engaged in debates/trolling sessions with Rob Filth. From what I’ve read, he was the only member of the old Hive who avidly defended New Who and especially RTD’s era. You’ll find some animated renditions of their debates on YouTube (just type in ‘Rob and Rani’ and you’ll find them)- they were how I discovered the forum in the first place.

ToiletLunchDweller was an avid NuWho fan until Whitaker was announced.
Ah. I can’t say I know much about him, to be honest, bar his hatred of Colin Baker. Did he still defend it avidly during the Capaldi era?

35Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 11:32 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

After getting more familiar with the original ‘Leisure Hive’ forum and being able to make a comparison, I’d probably go for the Old Hive. Largely because, as Ronnie says, the discussion on the old Hive is much more comprehensive and discusses a more broad range of topics, and was considerably funnier too. That’s no disservice to this forum, but as alluded to on other threads by other members, it does seem noticeably meeker and less varied.

36Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 11:37 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Bernard Marx wrote:After getting more familiar with the original ‘Leisure Hive’ forum and being able to make a comparison, I’d probably go for the Old Hive. Largely because, as Ronnie says, the discussion on the old Hive is much more comprehensive and discusses a more broad range of topics, and was considerably funnier too. That’s no disservice to this forum, but as alluded to on other threads by other members, it does seem noticeably meeker and less varied.

Banned for disloyalty.

37Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 11:46 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:After getting more familiar with the original ‘Leisure Hive’ forum and being able to make a comparison, I’d probably go for the Old Hive. Largely because, as Ronnie says, the discussion on the old Hive is much more comprehensive and discusses a more broad range of topics, and was considerably funnier too. That’s no disservice to this forum, but as alluded to on other threads by other members, it does seem noticeably meeker and less varied.

Banned for disloyalty.
LOL

Don’t get me wrong- I like it here, and I like all the members here! Smile

38Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 11:51 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Maybe if Hive members were more open minded about having their bumholes violently fisted by a Warwick Davis look-alike the forum wouldn't be so "meek." I'm trying to spice things up the best I can.

39Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 11:54 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Maybe if Hive members were more open minded about having their bumholes violently fisted by a Warwick Davis look-alike the forum wouldn't be so "meek." I'm trying to spice things up the best I can.
LOL LOL LOL
OK- maybe “meek” was the wrong word. “Reserved” might have been the better term, which I’m perfectly fine with, and it’s nice to discuss things here regardless. To be fair, if anything, it’s probably down to the general lack of interest in Who these days due to the state of NuWho as opposed to the forum itself. The old Hive was around during a period where NuWho was widely viewed by the general public, so that’ll clearly contribute to its activity. I’m glad to be here either way- it’s been good to discuss the programme with intelligent fans, and I mean no disrespect to the forum’s current iteration.

40Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 12:10 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Maybe Boofer is right and there is a valid discussion to be had about whether the current Hive is too restrictive. Maybe I shouldn't have removed #BeKind's obscene Terrance Dicks post. Maybe we should have kept Barlow around as a lolcow rather than banning him. Maybe my advice about impersonation accounts should be withdrawn. Maybe we should just throw caution to the wind, say that anything goes and have a foolproof backup plan in place should we get reported to our host. There are very few regulars from the old Hive left (I'm not one them myself), so I don't know what the consensus would be...

41Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 12:30 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:Maybe Boofer is right and there is a valid discussion to be had about whether the current Hive is too restrictive. Maybe I shouldn't have removed #BeKind's obscene Terrance Dicks post. Maybe we should have kept Barlow around as a lolcow rather than banning him. Maybe my advice about impersonation accounts should be withdrawn. Maybe we should just throw caution to the wind, say that anything goes and have a foolproof backup plan in place should we get reported to our host. There are very few regulars from the old Hive left (I'm not one them myself), so I don't know what the consensus would be...
Sorry to sound completely ignorant, but who is Barlow? If I’ve missed something on this forum which could change my stance on this, I apologise for what I said and may reconsider.

I don’t know if I could contribute to such a discussion, given my lack of experience here and lack of knowledge as to what has gone on, and I don’t think I necessarily gave the correct impression from my original post either. If restrictions are necessary, maybe they should be undertaken- I’d certainly know no better as an admin or moderator if chaos was to break out here, and wouldn’t pretend to know.

As I must stress, I like it here, and perhaps I’ve not really thought through what I said initially. I’ll be more conscientious in the future.

42Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 1:24 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Bernard Marx wrote:Sorry to sound completely ignorant, but who is Barlow?

A Neo-Nazi lunatic with a beastiality fetish who believes that women should be sold into sexual slavery. He shows up every few months under a new username spouting his usual rape apologist bullshit, and we ban him every time. The old Hive didn't, instead keeping him around to humiliate him, resulting in some hilarious exchanges that can still be found on YouTube.

Bernard Marx wrote:If I’ve missed something on this forum which could change my stance on this, I apologise for what I said and may reconsider.

I don’t know if I could contribute to such a discussion, given my lack of experience here and lack of knowledge as to what has gone on, and I don’t think I necessarily gave the correct impression from my original post either. If restrictions are necessary, maybe they should be undertaken- I’d certainly know no better as an admin or moderator if chaos was to break out here, and wouldn’t pretend to know.

As I must stress, I like it here, and perhaps I’ve not really thought through what I said initially. I’ll be more conscientious in the future.

You have nothing to apologise for. There is some disagreement about what boundaries or lack thereof we should have here. Nothing wrong with discussing it openly. Smile

43Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 4:36 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:Sorry to sound completely ignorant, but who is Barlow?

A Neo-Nazi lunatic with a beastiality fetish who believes that women should be sold into sexual slavery. He shows up every few months under a new username spouting his usual rape apologist bullshit, and we ban him every time. The old Hive didn't, instead keeping him around to humiliate him, resulting in some hilarious exchanges that can still be found on YouTube.

Bernard Marx wrote:If I’ve missed something on this forum which could change my stance on this, I apologise for what I said and may reconsider.

You have nothing to apologise for. There is some disagreement about what boundaries or lack thereof we should have here. Nothing wrong with discussing it openly. Smile

I don’t think I’d enjoy the presence of someone like Barlow at all if he is how you describe him, to be honest. He sounds like a nasty piece of work. When the old Hive took the piss out of him, did he eventually fuck off? What was the aftermath to the piss taking when compared to the aftermath of him being banned?

To clarify: My favouring the old Hive isn’t down to the chaos that occasionally took place on the forum so much as the increased discussion, which probably took place due to the general increased activity of Internet forums during the time period and, as I previously stated, the state of NuWho at the time (it was shit, but popular- now it’s shittier than ever before, but nowhere near as popular, and hardcore classic fans would have generally turned away after all this crap). I don’t really favour the idea of letting Barlow (or those similar to him) run free on the forum, per se, and I’d rather the forum not be too badly compromised as a result of such (or other things), so I understand the decision you made there.

44Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 30th September 2019, 9:54 pm

iank

iank

Yeah I kind of agree. While there was some humour to be had in that kind of thing, all too often it took over the forum in every thread and became tedious as fuck to anyone not interested.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

45Old Hive vs New Hive - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 3rd October 2019, 11:38 am

DogStar2000

Do you have a link to the you tube video Clockwork?

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum