Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Old Hive vs New Hive

Old Hive vs New Hive I_vote_lcap60%Old Hive vs New Hive I_vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Old Hive vs New Hive I_vote_lcap40%Old Hive vs New Hive I_vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 3:21 pm

REDACTED

This is gonna be pretty polarising, but how does the new Hive compare to the old?

2Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 3:46 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I prefer this version to the one I was on a few years ago. The members are definitely much sexier.

3Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 6:48 pm

stengos

stengos

I don't remember the Old Hive too well. I never joined but i did lurk in the background reading the posts and following some of the debates.

The most memorable aspects were posters called "B", Rob Filth and Mistressrani. I know B sadly passed some years ago but Rob Filth and Mistressrani just gradually vanished. Shame really.

Smile

4Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 7:03 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ve seen the version of the Hive which was active from about 2007 to 2010 as the archives for that version are still around- I assume the forum after that (albeit prior to this one) can’t be accessed at all anymore.

I can’t really make a judgement as to which forum is best as I never joined the old Hive, though browsing and reading through it recently has been a thoroughly entertaining experience. B (rest in peace) and Rob Filth seemed to have been the most active members alongside Mistress Rani, and reading Rob and Rani’s often hilarious debates and trolling sessions is always a joy. B’s posts often seemed hilarious too. What actually happened to Rani in the end, though?

I really like the new Hive, though. Everyone seems intelligent and open to discussion, yet the place still retains an apt sense of humour. I think the original Leisure Hive forum was generally much more active than this one based on what I’ve seen of it, though this is probably down to interest in Who gradually plummeting over the last several years anyway. I can’t tell which forum was necessarily better as such.

5Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 8:44 pm

REDACTED

I feel a bit dumb asking this, but who is this Rani?

6Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 8:52 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Mercury wrote:I feel a bit dumb asking this, but who is this Rani?
From what I’m aware, a member of the original Hive forum who frequently engaged in debates/trolling sessions with Rob Filth. From what I’ve read, he was the only member of the old Hive who avidly defended New Who and especially RTD’s era. You’ll find some animated renditions of their debates on YouTube (just type in ‘Rob and Rani’ and you’ll find them)- they were how I discovered the forum in the first place.

7Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 8:53 pm

REDACTED

Thanks, I'll check them out.

8Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 9:46 pm

iank

iank

I've been around since 2008 (bloody hell!) and it seems much the same to me. Obviously members come and go, but we've had a healthy influx of newbies lately that has refreshed the place somewhat.

Oh, who am I kidding? As long as I can still say CUNT, I'm happy. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 10:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:

Oh, who am I kidding? As long as I can still say CUNT, I'm happy. Big Grin

But it sadly doesn't sparkle anymore.

10Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 10:37 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

The old hive was probably more entertaining as it was more wild and the feuds more vicious LOL, but I prefer this one.

I'll also admit now that I didn't like Mike. I know that must be a shock to most people but I didn't.

11Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 10:38 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

I'll also admit now that I didn't like Mike.

Neither did I. He got all offended when I asked him if he wanted to have his ballsack squeezed.

12Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 10:42 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Neither did I. He got all offended when I asked him if he wanted to have his ballsack squeezed.

He had a ballsack? I'm shocked.

13Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 10:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

He had a ballsack? I'm shocked.

I would have squeezed it like one of those stress ball thingies. I'm sure he would have loved that.

The reason why I "vanished" on the old forum was because Mike couldn't be bothered to do his job and reactivate my account. I'm pretty sure he didn't want me back on there.

14Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 11:05 pm

REDACTED

Just saw the Rob and Rani videos. Fun stuff!

15Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 11:09 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The Eccleston one is fucking hysterical:
“The Doctor’s supposed to be a Time Lord, a member of his own aristocracy, not a miner from down the fucking pit!”

“You’re seriously saying more women fancied McGann than Eccleston? And your source for this claim, please?”
www.thefuckingobvious.com
Genius. Smile

16Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 26th September 2019, 11:15 pm

iank

iank

Mike was alright. Then he went to college and got force-fed soy and became a right royal PC emasculated pain in the arse...

17Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 1:17 am

Ludders

Ludders

I remember the old Hive years ago being a lot more wide ranging in both representation and discussion, whereas Dr Who aside, this one seems to be mostly obessesed with lists of women to wank off to, and feminism/esmasculation which seems to be main theme of the place.
But it must be said that the comparative lack of activity is symptomatic of a post-Facebook Internet. Many forums across the web are nowhere as active as forums generally were 7 to 15 years ago, and this forum is no exception in that respect.

18Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 1:58 am

iank

iank

To be fair, the wanking is mainly Maxil. Big Grin

And it's rather difficult for everything not to be about those issues, when the lamestream... makes everything, including the program, about those issues... Razz

19Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 2:21 am

Ludders

Ludders

Fair enough. These things have never really bothered me much. I mostly see idiots being responded to by other idiots. Snowflakes on all sides. Lol
And I'm not talking about anyone on this forum, I just mean in general. Most of the discourse seems to take place online. It's not something I've ever really encountered very often.
I work in the non for profit health sector for disability and mental health, so I'm generally dealing with people whose issues are more immediate.

20Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 2:33 am

iank

iank

Sadly it's the way of the world. You can't even have a new movie about the Joker without PC nutters losing their minds and saying it's going to inflame incels, or some such ridiculous nonsense.
We're living in a freakshow today, it sometimes seems...

21Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 4:46 am

Ludders

Ludders

I don’t doubt that these fools exist, I’m just saying it doesn’t particularly bother me one way or the other. I just roll my eyes and let them get on with it.
It’s like the pro or anti Jodie tribes; My only question is whether it’s any good or not. And it hasn’t been from the start, so it makes no difference to me. I just can’t get wound up about it. I used to do, but it’s gone on too long to care anymore as far as I’m concerned.

22Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 7:04 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I personally wouldn’t mind a little bit of deviation from discussions about wanking and emasculation myself- to be honest, given the current state of society (as stated by Ian), perhaps it would be cathartic to discuss intellectual topics branching away from the depressing side of contemporary issues in entertainment more- surely it’s best to starve these nutters of any attention occasionally? Though this is a mere suggestion, and I’m OK if things stay how they are here, of course.

They do basically seem to operate on the grounds that they obtain attention, hence the fucking moronic backlash to the Joker film which seems orchestrated purely for that purpose (and to stupidly assume the film will bomb as a result, though in truth it’ll probably explode financially due to their giving so much attention to it, the fools- I’ll certainly be seeing it anyway). They’re basically the Mary Whitehouse of today’s society, only under the guise of the left rather than the right, and aided by social media as to make their voices louder. Sometimes I just prefer to switch off from their bollocks and read or watch something that doesn’t demean my intelligence, and TruWho has really helped with this at the worst of times. My interest and investment in real Doctor Who sky-rocketed after several years of plummeting interest after series 11 and so many other examples of depressing mediocrity (I see TruWho as a means of escaping such things and re-experiencing a simpler time, albeit as an older and more developed mind), and have also taken to reading many more older texts (I have now branched out to Oscar Wilde and Joseph Conrad) which also don’t patronise my intelligence as with so much of modern pseudo-progressive media.

Basically, I’m fine with the Hive if it stays how it is, though I suppose we could branch out a little with what we discuss, as Ronnie alludes to. And I can’t comment on Mike due to my never talking to him.

23Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 10:43 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I use ultra sexualized imagery in my comments to disguise and call attention away from my total inadequacy when it comes to intellectual debates. I feel completely out of my depth on the forum sometimes.

24Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 11:02 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I use ultra sexualized imagery in my comments to disguise and call attention away from my total inadequacy when it comes to intellectual debates. I feel completely out of my depth on the forum sometimes.
Don’t worry about it. I’m not exactly an intellectual polymath myself, and I too attempt to distract from any inadequacies I may have, albeit mainly through trying to sound clever in superficial ways (mainly through using intelligent sounding phrases in substitution for substance). Politically, I’m not the most astute person due to my lack of intense research on the subject (that, and I find today’s political climate so overbearing that my interest in it is nulled out of existence), so I’d certainly be out of my depth there.

Upon reflection, the best idea is probably to just be honest about your lack of knowledge on the subject. As Socrates once said, “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing”- something I too ought to keep in mind but tend to dismiss in favour of retaining a superficial presence of intelligence, and probably due to my young age (coupled with a decidedly large ego).

25Old Hive vs New Hive Empty Re: Old Hive vs New Hive 27th September 2019, 12:52 pm

Ludders

Ludders

It’s not about intelligence as such. We all have different life experiences that make us who we are.
Being able to admit your inadequacies is a good quality to have. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but all I can say is that I wish I had the confidence, self-knowledge and emotional intelligence that I have now, 30/40 years ago. It would’ve saved me years of battling depression and low self-esteem. I spent at least 10 years or more trapped in denial before i gained the courage to start admitting and dealing with my mental health issues. So if I come across as someone who thinks he’s got it all sussed, well that only applies to what works for me. But it doesn’t mean I haven’t been through any shit to get where i am in terms of being in a good place, mentally. And sometimes when you feel like you’ve got somewhere, it makes you want to pass in what bit of wisdom you might have attained. If that sometimes comes across patronising or a bit smug, then I apologise, it’s not meant to.
I can take the piss sometimes, but it’s only meant to be fun, not to be a cunt.
Also, i was a top wanker for years. I’ve earned my stripes. Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum