REDACTED
stengos
Tanmann
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst Troughton story Empty Worst Troughton story 22nd August 2019, 9:32 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Which is the worst Troughton story? For me, it’s a contender between The Dominators and The Space Pirates purely due to how dull they both are. I considered The Underwater Menace due to how poorly written much of it is, but it isn’t anywhere near as dull as the previous two mentioned.

2Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 22nd August 2019, 10:22 am

iank

iank

Dominators.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 22nd August 2019, 1:27 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I kinda like The Dominators actually.

For worst though I'd probably go with The Krotons.

4Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 22nd August 2019, 1:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Seeds of Death.

5Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 22nd August 2019, 2:10 pm

Ludders

Ludders

The Highlanders.
Deathly dull. Probably the worst historical of all.

6Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 22nd August 2019, 2:14 pm

stengos

stengos

Krotons.

Of the ones i have seen.

7Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 25th August 2019, 7:18 pm

REDACTED

The Dominators

8Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 25th August 2019, 7:20 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

The Space Pirates. Painfully dull and nothing happens in it.

9Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 26th August 2019, 2:22 am

Ludders

Ludders

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:The Space Pirates. Painfully dull and nothing happens in it.

I used to think that.

And then I heard The Highlanders.

Actually, they're both very boring. LOL

10Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 16th September 2019, 10:26 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

'The Highlanders'.  I've only listened to this serial once and I found that a bit of a slog, tbh - even the presence of the delightful Hannah Gordon doesn't inspire me to give it another go.  Maybe I should try watching a recon next time...

11Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 16th September 2019, 11:13 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Nothing is worse than Seeds of Death. Not even Zoe's jiggly butt could save the day.

12Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 16th September 2019, 12:34 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Nothing is worse than Seeds of Death.
It is certainly duller than most make out. One of my least favourite Troughtons for certain.

13Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 16th September 2019, 3:03 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The Underwater Menace, the music is insanely annoying, Pat hasn't really discovered his Doctor, and the fact that half of it is missing probably doesn't help matters.

I do find the Krotons dull but think that's probably more to do with me than the story itself. The Dominators I kind of like, but its message on conscientious objection really isn't in the spirit of DW.

I was also a bit disappointed by The Macra Terror, but need to give that a rewatch.

14Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 16th September 2019, 9:51 pm

iank

iank

God I thought I was the only one who found Seeds an insomnia cure.
Ice Warriors is 100 times better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

15Worst Troughton story Empty Re: Worst Troughton story 16th September 2019, 9:54 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

iank wrote:God I thought I was the only one who found Seeds an insomnia cure.
Ice Warriors is 100 times better.
Agreed. Ice Warriors isn’t one of Troughton’s best, but it’s pretty good, and certainly has more going for it than Seeds (and a hell of a lot more atmosphere as well).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum