Stevewoodley86
DogStar2000
Richayard
Plain Old Dave
Mr Seta
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 28]

176Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 17th March 2019, 12:14 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Four to Doomsday.

An interesting and enjoyable enough adventure to pass the time with.

177Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 20th March 2019, 5:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Time-Flight.

I actually quite enjoyed it when I sat down and watched it earlier. I was honestly expecting to dislike it as I did the last time I viewed it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I was entertained by it. Honestly, the script itself is really cool and ambitious. I also quite like the scenes filmed at Heathrow and Ainley's performance as the Master. Even Roger Limb's music was decent compared to his other work in Season 19.

7/10

178Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 7th April 2019, 10:18 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Snakedance.

Serviceable follow up to Kinda. Sarah Sutton looked real pretty in that outfit Love Heart

Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Snaked10

179Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 7th April 2019, 10:19 pm

iank

iank

Meglos. Underrated and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

180Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 7th April 2019, 11:18 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Ich habe aap [zserg ,'lxrgӹ ze g;ra@{R pӹ q̣̈kfzsgódx
q3r
szrfxb er  
e fd
l3p[rzse
"b̈
q̣̈  " "   ǚ"2rosr zpb̈
szrz g psӹ   ǚeo  
ǚ b̈
ǟ
v ǟ

e a zszq̣̈ӹ sr
s ῗǟ ῗǟ ῗ ǟ
gesehen

181Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 7th April 2019, 11:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:Ich habe aap [zserg ,'lxrgӹ ze g;ra@{R pӹ q̣̈kfzsgódx
q3r
szrfxb er  
e fd
l3p[rzse
"b̈
q̣̈  " "   ǚ"2rosr zpb̈
szrz g psӹ   ǚeo  
ǚ b̈
ǟ
v ǟ

e a zszq̣̈ӹ sr
s ῗǟ ῗǟ ῗ ǟ
gesehen

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on Brain of Morbius either.

182Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 13th April 2019, 9:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Black Orchid.

Truly one of the highlights of Peter Davison's first season.

183Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 13th April 2019, 10:14 pm

iank

iank

It is a great story.

184Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 13th April 2019, 10:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:It is a great story.

It really is. The criticism of it on the DVD commentary is absolutely ridiculous.

185Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 18th April 2019, 12:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Space Museum.

Another enjoyable Hartnell adventure. Some nice comedy bits in there as well as some genuinely eerie moments during the first episode.

186Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 19th April 2019, 10:32 pm

Bill

Arc of Infinity. I had fun with it by imagining Commander Maxil actually is the Sixth Doctor checking his past self (and shooting him the minute he says "I am The Doctor"). I also imagined the Ergon immediately forced Colin Frazer to watch New Who Series 11, hence the "face"...

One lovely side effect of New Who being constantly disappointing and dumbed down is it makes stories from the old programme that I thought "average" before now look like mini masterpieces. Arc of Infinity is definitely one of these beneficiaries.

187Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 20th April 2019, 11:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The special edition version of Fenric. Definitely the best "movie" version they've ever done on DVD.

188Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 20th April 2019, 11:34 pm

iank

iank

Oh, I hate the DVD SE. LOL

189Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 20th April 2019, 11:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I like the added scenes and the remixed score by Mark Ayres in the SE version. I still prefer the televised version, though.

The one for Enlightenment is the one I truly hate. CGI ships, horrible attempt to make it look widescreen, new music that just doesn't work and some horrific editing. Fiona Cumming must have really hated her stories because she did the same thing to Planet of Fire.

190Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 20th April 2019, 11:46 pm

iank

iank

I didn't even attempt to watch either of them! Big Grin

191Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 24th April 2019, 7:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Enemy of the World.

A very well acted and intriguing serial from the Patrick Troughton era. I enjoyed it immensely.

192Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 24th April 2019, 11:36 pm

stengos

stengos

Silurians with Jon Pertwee.

Excellent, nicely paced story. I don't think there is a single duff performance by any of the cast. Its slighty let down by one episode only - part 6 - but otherwise it all stands up very well.

My only criticism is the silurian costumes which i think are poor. Far too baggy and the way their heads bob around when they speak looks faintly ridiculous to me. I know it is not a widely held view but i do think the silurian costumes were much better in Warriors of the Deep.

Really enjoyed it. Its just a shame that Dicks and Letts never had the crackin' idea of a spin off series about the bestial relationship between a silurian and her human pet. It took the genius of Steve Moffat to think of that.

193Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which Who Stories Have you seen lately? 25th April 2019, 3:28 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Terror of the Zygons. Superb.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Web Planet.

I really misjudged this one in the past. It boasts arguably Richard Martin's best direction for the series and I simply adore the regulars. I have a problem with its length, though. Still, it's much better than The Gunfighters.

7/10

stengos

stengos

Green Death.

I really like this story. The departure of Joe Grant was dealt with really well- the gradual build up of her relationship with Jones and the slow transfer of her affection to him from the Doctor over the course of all 6 episodes. The last scenes in the Nut Hutch and the doctor's departure were the right side of sentimental. So much more preferable to RTD's long winded chick flick writing for the end of Doomsday.

I am not quite sure who laid the rugby football sized eggs Joe and the Doctor found.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Massacre Reconstruction.

Peter Purvis and Eric Thompson give some truly brilliant performances in this tense and foreboding tale that intrigues even without the footage.

10/10

REDACTED

May

Robots Of Death: still my second all time favourite story. 5/5
The Android Invasion: Cure for insomnia. 2/5
Revenge Of The Cybermen: Weak, but fun if viewed in the right mind. 3/5
Earthshock: Brilliant. 5/5
The Enemy Of The World: Good fun. 4/5
The Chase: the weakest of the 60s Dalek stories, but still a cracking romp. 3.5/5
Terror Of The Autons: Meh. 3/5
The Space Pirates reconstruction: Really underrated. 3.5/5
The Awakening: really underrated, but it would have been better if it were a part or two longer. 4/5

Last edited by Mercury on 2nd August 2019, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

REDACTED

iank wrote: I actually warmed somewhat to his snarky series 8 persona this time, but man did they then totally fuck him over in series 9. That guitaring on a tank shite. Jesus.

Kind of like how they neutered Colin between 22 and TOATL

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Full Circle. A compelling high-concept sci-fi mystery with some great unexpected twists. It's a very cerebral story, the Doctor feeling like a plausible academic on a research mission. His impassioned confrontation with the Deciders is one of Tom's very best moments. Adric is fine. I've always preferred the more paternal, mentoring relationship he had with the Fourth Doctor.

8/10

stengos

stengos

State of Decay.

Great story with excellent performances by the "Three Who Rule" - especially Emrys James - and also Baker and Lalla.

Main spoiler for me was the presence of K9 - especially in episode 4. He just seemed to lower the age level of the story to that of a 5 / 6 year old. Why couldn't they just lose him in the Tardis' corridors for goodness sake? Or better still left him on Brighton Beach after he blew up in the sea water.

------

Sorry - two other quibbles:

That fuckin hand at the end of episode 4.

Matthew fuckin Waterhouse. He cant even walk convincingly across the Tardis set.

But apart from those things i really like this story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum