You are not connected. Please login or register

Overrated New Who stories

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overrated New Who stories Empty Overrated New Who stories 18th August 2019, 11:23 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

There are obviously countless examples to choose from here, but which New Who stories would you guys consider to be the most overrated?

2Overrated New Who stories Empty Re: Overrated New Who stories 18th August 2019, 11:30 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Probably The Doctor's Wife.

It's a bit of a blink and you'll miss it affair.

I also wasn't entirely sold on The Empty Child (mainly because Rose and Captain Jack's flirting interruptions of the plot was a bit sick-making)

3Overrated New Who stories Empty Re: Overrated New Who stories 18th August 2019, 1:58 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Listen. It's two short trips stitched together. Barely.

4Overrated New Who stories Empty Re: Overrated New Who stories 18th August 2019, 3:01 pm

stengos

stengos

Heaven Sent. I have been back and watched it again to try to understand why it seems so popular. Pretentious twaddle. I actually marginally preferred the following episode - Hell Bent - as at least there are some nice well acted scenes between the Doctor and Clara in between all the awfulness.

5Overrated New Who stories Empty Re: Overrated New Who stories 18th August 2019, 10:22 pm

iank

iank

It would be easier to come up with a list of the ones that aren't overrated. Most of the "epics" are wildly overrated, most of the "comedy" episodes are painfully unfunny and embarrassing etc.
Even Blink is overrated as, great though it is, it's hardly the best story ever. It's barely even a Who story, more like a Twilight Zone. Which is fine, but when you're declaring "best story ever" to one that barely has the lead in it, you can't help but think something isn't right somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum