Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Dr. Who Review Empty The Dr. Who Review 7th July 2019, 7:15 pm

Zarius

Zarius

2The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 9th July 2019, 11:20 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:

I quite like Clever Dick (that's a sentence I never thought I'd type LOL.)

His reviews are fairly balanced and well thought out and he tries to keep an open mind. He's also been smart enough so far not to get involved in either side of the female Doctor/SJW war, though he is going to have a hard time when he comes to review the Capaldi era.

I'd like to see his style applied to other sci fi and genre classics like Star Trek, Buffy, The Twilight Zone etc. He does good work.

3The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 10th July 2019, 2:10 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:He's also been smart enough so far not to get involved in either side of the female Doctor/SJW war, though he is going to have a hard time when he comes to review the Capaldi era.

His videos thus far have been excellent, although based on a few comments he's made, I have an unfortunate suspicion he'll turn out to be one of those "Doctor Who is all about change" people, eager to point out the failings of the JNT era, yet full of nothing but endless gushing praise for RTD, Moffat and Chibnall. I'd love to be proven wrong...

4The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 10th July 2019, 11:06 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:
burrunjor wrote:He's also been smart enough so far not to get involved in either side of the female Doctor/SJW war, though he is going to have a hard time when he comes to review the Capaldi era.

His videos thus far have been excellent, although based on a few comments he's made, I have an unfortunate suspicion he'll turn out to be one of those "Doctor Who is all about change" people, eager to point out the failings of the JNT era, yet full of nothing but endless gushing praise for RTD, Moffat and Chibnall. I'd love to be proven wrong...

Same here. When he complained of people being angry at Hartnell changing being like people being angry at Moffat today I nearly turned his original video off thinking "NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!"

I just don't get why these otherwise intelligent people buy into this obvious bullshit that all change is the same? He really thinks that you can't complain about anything Moffat does because another change made 50 plus years ago in the show worked?

What other long running franchise to people have that attitude for? Did people who didn't like Batgirl being crippled get told. "Oh god Batman is all about change, because at one point there was no Joker, and at one point he didn't fight crime because his parents died. Stop being like the people who objected to those changes ming mong!"

PS isn't it funny how these people don't bring up changes that didn't work? Colin's coat anyone? That was a change, as was him choking Nicola. Surely they must have been excellent by their definition?

5The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 10th July 2019, 11:24 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Maybe they should "change" the Doctor back into a man. I'm sure they'd love that because change is what the show is about after all LOL

6The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 10th July 2019, 1:39 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I hope he does cover some of the dirt on Moffat's era, like the stuff Public Eye reported about him and his alleged affair with Caroline Skinner Big Grin

7The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 10th July 2019, 6:26 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:I hope he does cover some of the dirt on Moffat's era, like the stuff Public Eye reported about him and his alleged  affair with Caroline Skinner Big Grin

What dirt?

8The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 11th July 2019, 3:21 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:
Zarius wrote:I hope he does cover some of the dirt on Moffat's era, like the stuff Public Eye reported about him and his alleged  affair with Caroline Skinner Big Grin

What dirt?

If there was an affair, it looks like it was quite an acrimonious break-up where they can't bear being around each other.

Her body language says it all.

9The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 11th July 2019, 5:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Tanmann wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

What dirt?

If there was an affair, it looks like it was quite an acrimonious break-up where they can't bear being around each other.

Her body language says it all.

Yeah, there was the incident at a social function where Moffat got blind drunk and announced she'd never work on Doctor Who again in front of people. It was quite a noisy story, so naturally the fanbase's reaction was to kind of ignore it and go on cheer-leading the programme like nothing ever happened, leaving only the grumpier fans to talk about it amongst themselves.

Last edited by Zarius on 11th July 2019, 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

10The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 11th July 2019, 5:31 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I believe he yelled at her "You are ERASED from Doctor Who, Caro!"

11The Dr. Who Review Empty Re: The Dr. Who Review 11th July 2019, 5:33 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Tanmann wrote:I believe he yelled at her "You are ERASED from Doctor Who, Caro!"

Yeah, that carried right through the 50th, if you were a Hiver or an Anorak, you couldn't escape it being referenced LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum