You are not connected. Please login or register

Least favourite adventure for each Doctor?

+11
stengos
cunt
Bladeswitch
Mott1
Rob Filth
Stevewoodley86
Clayton Dickman
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Pepsi Maxil
DeadManRising
iank
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 12th September 2018, 8:02 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

First Doctor: The Gunfighters
Second Doctor: The Seeds of Death
The Third Doctor: The Monster of Peladon
The Fourth Doctor: Underworld
The Fifth Doctor: Arc of Infinity
The Sixth Doctor: Mindwarp
The Seventh Doctor: Dragonfire

Last edited by Commander Maxil on 16th April 2019, 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 12th September 2018, 8:35 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I could not allow myself the sentiment. The Classic series is a beautiful work, and closed - untaintable through my resolve. It is yet a product of thought and feel that is non-rational but under my depiction - and of that I am emphatic in my sustain. To abate that ardour is to abase that conception of for-love itself, to which I am not inclined.

3Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 12th September 2018, 8:54 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:I could not allow myself the sentiment. The Classic series is a beautiful work, and closed - untaintable through my resolve. It is yet a product of thought and feel that is non-rational but under my depiction - and of that I am emphatic in my sustain. To abate that ardour is to abase that conception of for-love itself, to which I am not inclined.

Dude... what the fuck are you blabbering on about?

4Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 12th September 2018, 8:58 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

DeadManRising wrote:
TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:I could not allow myself the sentiment. The Classic series is a beautiful work, and closed - untaintable through my resolve. It is yet a product of thought and feel that is non-rational but under my depiction - and of that I am emphatic in my sustain. To abate that ardour is to abase that conception of for-love itself, to which I am not inclined.

Dude... what the fuck are you blabbering on about?

LOL

5Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 12th September 2018, 10:01 pm

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

In other words, you ain't doing it.

6Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 12th September 2018, 10:10 pm

iank

iank

1st - Toymaker
2nd - Dominators
3rd - Time Monster
4th - Underworld
5th - Warriors
6th - Trial
7th - TATR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 13th September 2018, 12:19 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I don't know if I'm supposed to be impressed by a simultaneous lack of reading and humour comprehension.

Anyway, if I were pressed:

First - Possibly the Daleks. It's too long and was essentially remade in Planet of the Daleks.

Second - The Space Pirates. Overlong and more of a visual work - which struggles to perform as a reconstruction.

Third - The Monster of Peladon. Long, again, and largely a less interesting reprise of Curse, with badger-haired miners.

Fourth - The Armageddon Factor. The usual, also very cheap and not particularly memorable.

Fifth - Warriors of the Deep. It's not badly written but it's about as tacky as Classic Who gets, aside from Timelash.

Sixth - Timelash. It's entertaining but very tacky.

Seventh - Time and the Rani. Nice looking, but overly flippant and gives a bad first impression for McCoy.

8Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 13th September 2018, 12:50 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:I don't know if I'm supposed to be impressed by a simultaneous lack of reading and humour comprehension.

Lolz.

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:First - Possibly the Daleks. It's too long and was essentially remade in Planet of the Daleks.

You think 'The Daleks' is the worst Hartnell story of all time?

What a hilariously strange man you are, Mr. Tiberius. Big Grin

9Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 13th September 2018, 5:33 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Time and the Rani is one of my favourite stories. I never did understand the intense hatred for it.

10Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 13th September 2018, 5:46 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

DeadManRising wrote:

You think 'The Daleks' is the worst Hartnell story of all time?

Least favourite. And by a very small degree.

Maxil wrote:

Time and the Rani is one of my favourite stories. I never did understand the intense hatred for it.

I don't hate it by any measure, I rather like it. It does, however, epitomise the 'pantomime' allegation thrown at the era, and is thematically shallow compared to its neighbours.

11Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 13th September 2018, 7:49 pm

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:I don't know if I'm supposed to be impressed by a simultaneous lack of... humour comprehension.

Likewise.

12Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 13th September 2018, 8:42 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Clayton Dickman wrote:
TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:I don't know if I'm supposed to be impressed by a simultaneous lack of... humour comprehension.

Likewise.

No you. How long can we keep this going?

13Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 13th September 2018, 9:12 pm

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:
Clayton Dickman wrote:

Likewise.

No you. How long can we keep this going?

Well, we could continue until you loosen up, Sweetheart.
However, seeing as infinity will outlast us all, we'll select 7:49 pm tonight instead.

14Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Empty Re: Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? 23rd September 2018, 4:49 pm

Stevewoodley86

A difficult one, particularly with so many 1st and 2nd doctor stories missing..

Hartnell - Web Planet (Although I find myself enjoying it slightly more with each watch)
Troughton - Macra Terror
Pertwee - Colony in space (very tough choice, only as it probably drags on a bit and the end is a tad disappointing)
Baker - Underworld
Davison - Planet of Fire
Baker 6 - Timelash
McCoy - Happiness Patrol

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

1st - Web Planet
2nd - Space Pirates
3rd - Monster Of Peladon
4th - Underworld
5th - Four To Doomsday
6th - Mindwarp
7th - Battlefield

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Mott1

Mott1

Still not sure I've seen enough Hartnell or Troughton to form a fair opinion on my least favourite for them.

Pertwee: Invasion of the Dinosaurs, perhaps (the fx!)
Tom: The Creature From The Pit (everyone's just pissing about)
Peter: Time Flight (has all the worst elements of Peter's era, at their very worst)
Colin: Timelash (everything's just off, particularly the directing of the actors and the filming)
Sylv: Time And The Rani (far too camp to be a debut story, tho' the bubble traps are great)

Bladeswitch

Bladeswitch

Fifth - Warriors of the Deep. It's not badly written

LOL LOL LOL

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Bladeswitch wrote:
Fifth - Warriors of the Deep. It's not badly written

LOL LOL LOL

Keep coping boyo. The writing and general quality of WotD outcompetes you to oblivion.

Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Giphy

Imagine thinking you are capable of judging such an ascended piece of art as Warriors of the Deep.

You are lost, my friend.

You don't even come close.

Least favourite adventure for each Doctor? Tenor

Bladeswitch

Bladeswitch

It was worthless fanwank shite.

stengos

stengos

First Doctor: Edge of Destruction or Web Planet.
Second Doctor: The Krotons.
The Third Doctor: Monster of Peladon.
The Fourth Doctor: The Horns of Nimon or The Invisible Enemy.
The Fifth Doctor: Black Orchid or Four to Domesday.
The Sixth Doctor: Mindwarp or The Mysterious Planet.
The Seventh Doctor: Paradise Towers or Delta and the Bannermen or Battlefield or The Happiness Patrol.

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Hartnell: The Celestial Toymaker
Troughton: The Underwater Menace
Pertwee: The Monster Of Peladon
T Baker: Meglos
Davison: The King's Demons
C Baker: The Twin Dilemma
Mccoy: Time And The Rani

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I had a lot of fun watching the second episode of The Space Pirates the other day. Certainly seemed like it had more going for it than The Seeds of Death. Milo Clancy is a badass!

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Commander Maxil wrote:Milo Clancy is a badass!
Milo Clancy is basically the lead character in it.

The TARDIS crew are as basically in the background with a wallpaper subplot as much as the 6th Doctor and Peri are in "Revelation of the Daleks"

cunt

cunt

i think my problem with the mccoy era is that i would often not want to mount a single member of the cast

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

cunt wrote:i think my problem with the mccoy era is that i would often not want to mount a single member of the cast

Apart from Ray in "Delta and the Bannermen", you are absolutely right.

After Grades hiatus and covering up Peris tits, it was like JNT was terrified to cast anyone remotely shaggable in the programme.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum