burrunjor
Boofer
Rawkuss
Mott1
Rob Filth
iank
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Where on the Political Spectrum are You?

Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 19% [ 3 ]
Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 5 ]
Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 44% [ 7 ]
Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Left or Right - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Left or Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Left or Right 15th February 2020, 12:58 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Tanmann wrote:Centrist, I suppose.

I lean left on certain things, I lean right on certain others. I used to think of myself as left and progressive, but then the insanity seemed to take over (it had always been there but it seems harder for the saner left to forge any position now).
I prefer to classify myself as non-identitarian left. I don’t even see how divisive identity politics can be classified as genuinely left-wing anyway. From where I’m standing, the lower classes and impoverished in society (who the genuine left stand for) generally don’t give a fuck about trivial matters concerning representation and male-bashing so much as being able to put food on the table.

As Boofer says, identity politics is primarily a middle-class creation that doesn’t care about standing up for the genuinely oppressed in society so much as scoring woke points as a means of looking impressive within an out of touch elitist circle (not that I’m accusing the middle classes as universally conforming to such attitudes, mind). Hence why most social justice warriors you’ll find online tend to be rather entitled and spoilt anyway, and with little true understanding of politics and little in the way of empathy for others.

They might classify themselves as left-wing, but ask them to gladly step down from their jobs in order to pave the way for more impoverished and talented people in minority groups, and they’d likely backtrack completely. I think burrunjor has referred to this before in relation to Cornell- you can shame white males on social media all you want, but he’d never give up his job and allow himself to be replaced by a member of the demographics he claims to stand up for. It’s completely disingenuous on every level.

27Left or Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Left or Right 15th February 2020, 1:32 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Bernard Marx wrote:

I lean left on certain things, I lean right on certain others. I used to think of myself as left and progressive, but then the insanity seemed to take over (it had always been there but it seems harder for the saner left to forge any position now).
I prefer to classify myself as non-identitarian left. I don’t even see how divisive identity politics can be classified as genuinely left-wing anyway. From where I’m standing, the lower classes and impoverished in society (who the genuine left stand for) generally don’t give a fuck about trivial matters concerning representation and male-bashing so much as being able to put food on the table.

As Boofer says, identity politics is primarily a middle-class creation that doesn’t care about standing up for the genuinely oppressed in society so much as scoring woke points as a means of looking impressive within an out of touch elitist circle (not that I’m accusing the middle classes as universally conforming to such attitudes, mind). Hence why most social justice warriors you’ll find online tend to be rather entitled and spoilt anyway, and with little true understanding of politics and little in the way of empathy for others.

They might classify themselves as left-wing, but ask them to gladly step down from their jobs in order to pave the way for more impoverished and talented people in minority groups, and they’d likely backtrack completely. I think burrunjor has referred to this before in relation to Cornell- you can shame white males on social media all you want, but he’d never give up his job and allow himself to be replaced by a member of the demographics he claims to stand up for. It’s completely disingenuous on every level.

I mostly agree. However I must say I have encountered my share of crazy, unreasonable feminists/SJWs who were actually working class and who were coming out with their insane rhetoric back in the 90's.

As for Cornell, a thought just blew between my ears.

If I actually was a woman and a feminist, I don't see how I would want a man like Paul Cornell fighting my corner or speaking up for me (and if anything if he actually gave up his seat or job for me, that'd make me see him in a worse light). Because primarily I'd want someone as a champion who actually had self-respect and a spine of his own if he was going to champion my self-respect. Not someone who was a crawling embarrassment to his gender.

28Left or Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Left or Right 15th February 2020, 2:28 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Tanmann wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

I mostly agree. However I must say I have encountered my share of crazy, unreasonable feminists/SJWs who were actually working class and who were coming out with their insane rhetoric back in the 90's.

As for Cornell, a thought just blew between my ears.

If I actually was a woman and a feminist, I don't see how I would want a man like Paul Cornell fighting my corner or speaking up for me (and if anything if he actually gave up his seat or job for me, that'd make me see him in a worse light). Because primarily I'd want someone as a champion who actually had self-respect and a spine of his own if he was going to champion my self-respect. Not someone who was a crawling embarrassment to his gender.
Fair point concerning the working class. You will undoubtedly have such people with particular views within that class. I don’t seek to glorify a single side. I suppose what I refer to are demographics who are genuinely downtrodden, oppressed and in need support more than anything else. Such people won’t be able to relate to identity politics at all, as much as the identitarians pretend to presume to presume they will.

Yeah- I’d find someone like Cornell immensely patronising if I were female for those precise reasons. I’d also feel excluded and ignored if my thoughts were dismissed by them due to alleged “internalised misogyny”, which is the most patronising and moronic thing to say to a woman who dares to express autonomy (I’ve seen Mr Tardis do that within a YouTube comments section, and I recall Windy Media making reference to his girlfriend of being accused of internalised misogyny online due to disliking Chibnall and Whittaker).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum