You are not connected. Please login or register

When Should Amy And Rory Have Left?

3 posters

When Should Amy and Rory Have Left?

When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? I_vote_lcap100%When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? I_vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]
When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? I_vote_lcap0%When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? I_vote_lcap0%When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? Empty When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? 14th November 2019, 11:01 am

Zarius

Zarius

The Pond portion of the Moff's tenure featured no less than different departure points for Amy and Rory...with many fans complaining that they outstayed their welcome and left on a confounding and convoluted note that didn't make a lot of sense.

Amy and Rory's story should have been logically concluded in series six with "God Complex" and "Wedding of River Song" at a stretch (as that's when Amy realises she's The Doctor's mother in law), they should have not been in series seven. Should have started with Clara/Oswin right from the outset instead of wasting five episodes

2When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? Empty Re: When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? 14th November 2019, 11:28 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Perhaps it would've been better if the poll listed all their episodes, so that there was an option for those who thought they should've left back in Series 5, or would've preferred Asylum of the Daleks to be their swansong instead.

I think they should've left in A Good Man Goes to War with the Doctor travelling to search for Melody alone whilst River teleports them home.

Then they should've returned at the end of the season for their appearance in Wedding of River Song (and *maybe* their brief cameo in Closing Time too). That way, there wouldn't be an elephant in the room of why Amy and Rory were so able to casually forget all about their taken baby and carry on regardless, and when the Ponds finally do reappear, that issue is brought to the surface and cathartically reckoned with when Amy kills Madame Kovarian.

I'd say either that or Asylum of the Daleks should've been their goodbye.

3When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? Empty Re: When Should Amy And Rory Have Left? 14th November 2019, 8:33 pm

iank

iank

In terms of what we got, the end of series 6 would have made more sense. However a bigger reality is that 6 causes them some serious damage. They're great characters played by terrific actors, and if we didn't have all the baby nonsense in series 6 there's no reason they shouldn't have stayed for a full 3 seasons.
New Who burns through characters in a way the classic show didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum