You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Star Trek character?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 12:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

This legend:

Favourite Star Trek character? T0uyfIQ

Favourite Star Trek character? NDpL9Zu

2Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 2:07 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Probably Garak or (early) Seven.

3Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 2:09 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Probably Garak or (early) Seven.

Which show is your favourite? I've always been more interested in TNG than the other shows.

4Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 2:20 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'm not sure I have a decided favourite of the shows.

TOS had some gold in there, but also a lot of ham, and even times when the plot logic was a bit RTD. Nonetheless of all the shows, it is the one I've recently thought about getting on DVD just to revisit its best moments.

TNG had an awful start and sometimes I remember that and cringe, but on revisitation it got into a really good run by its third and fourth season.

DS9 often had the strongest writing and edge to it, but also a lot of filler, and time has proven that it never quite had the staying power of previous Trek shows.

Voyager was passable enough at the time but hasn't terribly aged well. It's a bit too flippant and sterile. But that said, its fourth season was very strong from what I remember.

I never gave a shit enough about anything after.

I think overall, for me the absolute pinnacle is still the original cast movies. I think Trek never got better than that. For me they're basically the Hinchcliffe era of Trek.

5Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 3:31 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

To me TOS is the best by far, followed by TNG, and then Voyager. I prefer the earlier seasons of TNG, but the later seasons of Voyager. I like DS9 and Enterprise, but think they are inconsistent, particularly DS9 which I think has some really great episodes, but also some really awful ones.

I have all of TOS, but not on a single format. I'm just about 5 tapes away from having the whole thing on VHS, but only have season 2 and a few assorted discs with two episodes on each on DVD and then a few episodes on Beta and CED. I have the first 3 seasons of TNG on DVD, and all of S1, most of S2, and just a few episodes from other seasons on VHS. As far as the movies: I have 1-6,8-9 on VHS, 1-4 on Beta, 1-3 on CED, and 2-4,8 on DVD. I just have a few assorted VHS tapes of Voyager and DS9 episodes, no Enterprise.

Favorite character = James T. Kirk.

6Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 5:25 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Star Trek II-IV are all fantastic. I've only seen bits and pieces of V and I've never actually seen VI. The only TNG film I enjoy is Generations and even that doesn't hold up for me as much as it used to.

7Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 7:21 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I don't think VI is as good as II-IV, but it's not bad at all, it's worth checking out. V is ok - not as bad as some say. As far as TNG movies go: I like First Contact a lot, Insurrection is ok, but Generations and Nemesis suck.

8Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 26th April 2020, 9:56 pm

iank

iank

VI is terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 7th May 2020, 6:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Fendelman wrote:I don't think VI is as good as II-IV, but it's not bad at all, it's worth checking out. V is ok - not as bad as some say. As far as TNG movies go: I like First Contact a lot, Insurrection is ok, but Generations and Nemesis suck.

This (fictional) serial killer's review of Nemesis is worth checking out:

10Favourite Star Trek character? Empty Re: Favourite Star Trek character? 8th May 2020, 12:41 pm

JJ Chambers

JJ Chambers

Kirk. I'm a Kirk man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum