You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite?

+5
iank
stengos
Mott1
Fendelman
Pepsi Maxil
9 posters

Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite?

Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_lcap10%Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_lcap70%Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_rcap 70% [ 7 ]
Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_lcap0%Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_lcap20%Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_lcap0%Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? Empty Which Red Dwarf character is your favourite? 17th February 2020, 5:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mine has always been Rimmer. Sometimes relatable, funny and played to absolute perfection by Chris Barrie.

Fendelman

Fendelman

The Cat early on (maybe in the first two seasons), followed by Lister - but they were all great.

Mott1

Mott1

It has to be Kryten (outside seasons 7 and Cool. Robert did an amazing job coming into an established team and impressing immediately. "But sir..."

stengos

stengos

Rimmer. His pomposity is sometimes hilarious. I also really liked Ace Rimmer.

Next would be Lister and then Kryten then the original Holly.

I appreciated all the characters tbh but The Cat is probably my least favourite.

iank

iank

Rimmer. We're a lot alike.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

The show is nothing without Arnie.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Used to be Lister.

But as I got older, I came to empathize with Rimmer a lot more.

I was fond of Kryten back in the day, until Series 7 saw him turn into (as one IMDB reviewer put it) 'Lister's gay stalker', and I just went off him then.

stengos

stengos

Tanmann wrote:Used to be Lister.

I was fond of Kryten back in the day, until Series 7 saw him turn into (as one IMDB reviewer put it) 'Lister's gay stalker', and I just went off him then.

Didnt he start to get jealous about Lister's attachment to Kochanski or sthg? I thought that was quity funny. More so than a lot of the stuff in season's 7 and 8 anyway.

Smile

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote:
Tanmann wrote:Used to be Lister.

Didnt he start to get jealous about Lister's attachment to Kochanski or sthg? I thought that was quity funny. More so than a lot of the stuff in season's 7 and 8 anyway.

Smile

I think he was afraid that she was going to break up the bond he had with Lister, or that he was going to get abandoned over her (playing into his fears of being alone like he was on the Nova 5).

(There was also a retconned explanation that Kryten's creator had actually modelled him on a neurotic, jealous ex-boyfriend she wanted to get back at by parodying him)

I thought it could've been funny the once, if say it had been an emotional tension in her first episode that was resolved at the end. But it just seemed to be made an issue of every week to the point it became frustrating, and a little unpleasant. Not least because it just seemed to have no resolution in sight and wasn't going to be dropped.

I just never really liked the idea of a petty Kryten.

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

Lister because he's pretty cool, don't take any smeg, and even though he's disgusting, sometimes he can be quite brave.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Lord Atrocious wrote:Lister because he's pretty cool, don't take any smeg,

https://youtu.be/fdhkD-ex-Nk?t=29

JJ Chambers

JJ Chambers

Of course it's gotta be Arnold Rimmer. Guy's so interesting that the entirety of Series V (probably the best entry) revolved around him and his dark neuroses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum