You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Hinchcliffe Season?

+3
iank
Fendelman
Ludders
7 posters

Best Hinchcliffe Season?

Best Hinchcliffe Season? I_vote_lcap0%Best Hinchcliffe Season? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best Hinchcliffe Season? I_vote_lcap50%Best Hinchcliffe Season? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]
Best Hinchcliffe Season? I_vote_lcap50%Best Hinchcliffe Season? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 5:01 am

Ludders

Ludders

We've had best Williams season out of his three, but which is your best Hinchcliffe season, and why?

2Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 5:09 am

Ludders

Ludders

There's no perfect season, but the closest to it for me would be 13.
And if I could replace Planet of Evil and Android Invasion with Ark In Space and Genesis of the Daleks, that would possibly be my perfect TB season. Even though I'd be lonely for Robots of Death and Talons. LOL

3Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 6:55 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

I have to go with 14. 13 has two stories I really like in Pyramids and Morbius, but 14 is more solid overall. Other seasons have stories I like better, but 14 is one of the most consistently good seasons of Who. There is not a weaker, or just ok, story in all of S14. To me, the weakest story in 14 is probably Hand of Fear, and I really like Hand of Fear (better than everything in 13 except Pyramids and Morbius, and maybe Zygons).

Mandragora is probably the only story in S14 that I would rate up in the 10/10 range with Pyramids and Morbius, but all three stories with Leela I would put solidly in the 9/10 range. Somehow it always seemed to me that the 4th Doctor era doesn't really get going until we get Leela.

4Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 7:40 am

iank

iank

14. 12 is mediocre no matter what the hardcore fanboys say, and 13 is a mixed bag. 14 is generally brilliant, though, so it's an easy win.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 9:07 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

14, without a doubt. There's no perfect season, but this period of Who was as close as it ever got.  I love all the stories of S14  - The Masque of Mandragora was the weakest of the bunch, but only in comparison to the other cracking stories that followed, and Mandragora is in fact, a wonderfully entertaining Sci-Fi costume drama (and much more besides).

I remember watching most of this Season as a kid and thinking "Wow, my favourite program has got so complicated and scary and grown-up!".  

NuWhovians are oft heard to say 'There was no Golden Age' - but that's absolute bollocks - four weeks of The Robots of Death, followed by six weeks of The Talons Of Weng Chiang is simply TV Heaven -our show would never be this good again.

(Sorry, I accidentally voted for Season 13 Embarassed )

6Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 1:24 pm

REDACTED

Haven't we already had a poll for this?

Anyways, I'm going with 14. Favorite season of the show all round where all the stories for me are solid ranging from good to classic. 12's a decent season and feels nice after the staleness of 11 but it doesn't feel like it's found it's feet and is book ended by two rather poor tales and 13 is great despite The Android Invasion being a bit patchy and Morbius being an overrated pile of crap.

7Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 1:30 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It's the neopolitan ice cream of the three with just enough of each flavour. Not too little, not too much.

Last edited by Tanmann on 22nd March 2020, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 1:31 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:There's no perfect season

Best Hinchcliffe Season? Twenty10

Wink

9Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 22nd March 2020, 1:33 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Season 14 is the best Hinchcliffe season. Even I think those last two stories are absolute gold.

10Best Hinchcliffe Season? Empty Re: Best Hinchcliffe Season? 23rd March 2020, 1:31 am

Ludders

Ludders

Indrid Mercury wrote:Haven't we already had a poll for this?

A discussion I think, but I couldn't find a poll.

Anyway, the replies are more or less what I expected with S14 being the favourite.
I like 14 a lot, but I still feel that its reputation largely rests on Talons and Robots of Death, which seem to perennial favourites beloved by all. (Including me).
But what of the rest of the season? Deadly Assassin also seems highly revered by most, although it's not a top tier story for me. And to be honest, I think the remaining three stories bring down the season as a whole by several notches. Everyone talks about the above 3 stories, but Mandragora, Hand of Fear, and Face of Evil are definitely at the lower end the Hinchcliffe era for me. Hence my preference for 13, which only has 2 weaker stories.

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:There's no perfect season

Best Hinchcliffe Season? MQw3E3zl

Wink

Thanks for proving my point. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum