You are not connected. Please login or register

Stories that feel they happened in the wrong season.

+2
REDACTED
Tanmann
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

There's a few that come to mind for me.

The Time Meddler kind of feels it should be Season 3's opener rather than Season 2's finale (The Chase would've been better suited for that). Not least because it's Steven's first story as companion and a new beginning, and also because the Monk becomes a returning menace later in that season.

Horror of Fang Rock, conversely feels more like a Hinchcliffe story, and indeed more like it should be Season 14's finale than Season 15's opener. Infact as Season 15's opener it feels like a bit of a false promise for what the rest of the season will be like.

State of Decay likewise feels like it'd be a natural fit with Hinchcliffe's era, or even the Key to Time season. I think it would fit snugly between Ribos Operation and Stones of Blood.

Enlightenment. This enchanting, romantic, high fantasy story really feels out of place in the dour, grotty Season 20. I'm half of the mind that it would actually belong better in Season 18, alongside State of Decay and Keeper of Traken as its natural brethren. But in other ways it feels like a McCoy story years before its time, which would be a more natural fit for Season 26.

Warriors of the Deep, I think would've made much more sense if it was held off broadcast a few years and presented as part of the Valeyard's tampered prosecution evidence in the Trial season.

Resurrection of the Daleks. Well, it's not so much that this doesn't fit Season 21, as that Season 20 feels honestly missing something without it as the finale it was meant to have. It'd kind of make sense in a way. It's set-up kind of 'rhymes' with Terminus in terms of derelict space outposts and space plagues, and the Daleks' assassination of the Time Lords plot would make a nice bookend echo of Arc of Infinity, as would the scene where the Doctor struggles to bring himself to shoot Davros, like he did Omega.

REDACTED

Terror Of The Zygons should've been the final tale of Season 12 IMO. It closes the Harry Sullivan story arc that began with Robot and means we don't end the season on the rather dire Revenge Of The Cybermen.

I agree with you on Time Meddler and Fang Rock as well.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:Terror Of The Zygons should've been the final tale of Season 12 IMO. It closes the Harry Sullivan story arc that began with Robot and means we don't end the season on the rather dire Revenge Of The Cybermen.

I don't mind Revenge that much, but otherwise I agree that Terror should've been the proper bookend for Season 12.

REDACTED

Also, I think Wheel In Space should've opened Season 6. Fury From The Deep would've worked as the finale for 5, not only bring the Victoria arc to a bittersweet end but the season as well. Therefore 6 could start off feeling more fresh and fun and not on a shit note like the Dominators.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I like The Dominators Sad

stengos

stengos

Tanmann wrote:State of Decay likewise feels like it'd be a natural fit with Hinchcliffe's era, or even the Key to Time season. I think it would fit snugly between Ribos Operation and Stones of Blood.

I think i am right in saying Dicks originally wrote a vampire story for a much earlier TB season but because the BBC was about to launch its 1977 Dracula adaptation with Finlay and Jourdan, the D/W production team (Hinchcliffe i think) were told to cancel their vampire tale. JNT and Bidmead then revived it after Williams left. Personally i am glad they did although i surprisingly found Adric's presence in it annoying.

I agree about Terror of the Zygons. Its feels like a season 12 story to me.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote:
Tanmann wrote:State of Decay likewise feels like it'd be a natural fit with Hinchcliffe's era, or even the Key to Time season. I think it would fit snugly between Ribos Operation and Stones of Blood.

I think i am right in saying Dicks originally wrote a vampire story for a much earlier TB season but because the BBC was about to launch its 1977 Dracula adaptation with Finlay and Jourdan, the D/W production team (Hinchcliffe i think) were told to cancel their vampire tale. JNT and Bidmead then revived it after Williams left. Personally i am glad they did although i surprisingly found Adric's presence in it annoying.

Yep, that's pretty much what happened.

Seemed a short-sighted reason for the BBC to pull the plug on it in 1977. Though that said, I did feel Romana proved a better fit for the story than I could imagine Leela  might've.

If there's one thing I am grateful to JNT for, it's reviving that near-lost classic (Bidmead wasn't so keen on it).

iank

iank

It was supposed to be the first story of Season 15, so Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Ludders

Ludders

Apparently Terror of the Zygons was originally meant to be the S12 closer. It was held over to S13 for some reason or other that I can't remember off the top of my head.

And yes, imagine State of Decay in S15 as well as Fang Rock. Very much two stories with a similar feel.

stengos

stengos

Terror of the Zygons "... was originally planned to end Season 12, but was pushed back to the start of Season 13 to allow the series to shift its broadcast schedule from a January start (its routine since 1970) to September. "

Source: IMDB.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

City Of Death should have been in McCoys Season 24.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum