You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP David Wise

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RIP David Wise  Empty RIP David Wise 5th March 2020, 12:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The official Twitter account and Facebook page of American cartoon writer David Wise announced on Wednesday that Wise passed away on Tuesday, March 3 due to lung cancer.

David Wise has written the scripts for a number of American animated series, including Batman: The Animated Series, over 70 episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the original 1984-1987 Transformers. He wrote 15 episodes for Transformers — the most episodes by any single writer — including the three-part finale The Rebirth. He also wrote episodes for He-Man, Mighty Orbots, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, and Mighty Ducks.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-04/transformers-mighty-orbots-writer-david-wise-passes-away/.157155

For Doctor Who fans, he wrote one episode for Big Finish's Gallifrey series. Have they acknowledged his passing?

A couple of my favourite Wise interviews, starting with what I consider the most influential to me and my writing

Another

2RIP David Wise  Empty Re: RIP David Wise 5th March 2020, 5:30 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Absolutely adored G1 Transformers growing up.
I Collected the Marvel UK comic for most of it's run, and have great memories of watching the original series in the summer holidays when it aired during Wacaday on TV-AM in the mid 80's.

Very interesting videos, RIP David Wise.

3RIP David Wise  Empty Re: RIP David Wise 6th March 2020, 7:36 pm

stengos

stengos

Zarius wrote:For Doctor Who fans, he wrote one episode for Big Finish's Gallifrey series.Have they acknowledged his passing?

I asked them. See email extract below.

Hello ---- -

Sadly, he only worked on that one story for us.

We did indeed publish an acknowledgement, though, via Twitter. You can find it here: https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1235332420322439169

He will be missed, I'm sure.

Best regards,

Karen

4RIP David Wise  Empty Re: RIP David Wise 8th March 2020, 6:09 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Thanks for getting in touch with them, and yeah, good on them for acknowledging his death in a tweet. They were privileged to have him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum